Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 13:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bat Mobile - Exide on road Service

All,

My car didnt start in the morning and I called up the maruti helpline and after the technician verified the problem he said that the battery is down and I need to take it to the nearest battery center. Since he was about 45 mins away (the maruti technician) he advised me that I can take it to the nearest battery center and provided me with the Exide helpline nos. I called up the Helpline nos and the car arrived there is less than 30 mins. after checking the battery he advised me that of the 6 cells, 4 are dead and my car is running on only 2 cells. He advised that I better take it to the "battery wallah" for a recharge. He further said that since 4 of the cells have dried up, the best thing is to give the charge a shot or to change the battery. He even provided how much max should I shell out for my car's battery. In and all, very helpful and prompt service.

Lastly, the service is free and caters upto Dahisar Checknaka region and is FREE! No matter what the battery type is (SF/Amaron or anyother).

Mods: I am putting the helpline nos for everyone's ready reference - (022) 6520 6764

PS: I had to change the battery!
Old 17th August 2007, 13:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Batmobile has been around for a long time here in chennai. Never had the opportunity to use it though i have their number stored always. It is provided by Automark, a major Exide distributor. Yes, their service is free.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Batmobile has been around for a long time here in chennai.
Hey John, Amtak has mentioned the Mumbai number. Could you post the chennai number for benefit of the chennai members? thnx.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Batmobile Chennai : 28585574

Just made a call to confirm if the number has been changed & it hasn't.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 17th August 2007 at 14:16.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2007, 15:08   #5
BANNED

Free service ??? what abt those cars who has done more than 3yrs and not took extended warranty from authorized service center

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 17th August 2007, 15:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Checkin is free! In case the battery needs replacement or something they would charge you. Otherwise totally free...they don't even charge you for coming all the way or to recover their fuel expenses.

PS: My car is 2.5 yrs old and they still happily checked the car. No questions asked on the warranty front.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nothing to do with warranty or dealer. Anyone with any car can call them anytime. If you have an electrical breakdown, call batmobile & they will send their team to check your car. If the battery is weak, they will provide you with a spare battery while they charge your battery at their premises. you will have to go there the next day & pay for the charging & collect the battery. If there was any small fix up job, that will be done on the spot for no consideration.
Old 17th August 2007, 20:21   #8
BHPian

I believe the Batmobile service is free. I had to use their service here in Hyderabad a few years back. My car is a West Bengal registered car bought in 2000. So no question of being in any warrenty period. While I'm not sure of whether they service other battery brands, as mine was Exide itself, but the service was free and quite helpful.
Old 19th August 2007, 11:27   #9
BHPian

Have never had a chance to use their service but many people have said that the service is prompt, helpful and free. Here's a link to their website which lists all the Bat Mobile helpline numbers in various cities:

Exide Industries Limited - The Company
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:14   #10
BHPian

Experienced the professional service offered by the Batmobile last week. The guy concluded that the battery was kaput (3 years, 45000 kms). But the best part was he didn't try and sell me an Exide battery as replacement. I had to ask for the nearest Exide shop for a replacement. They operate from 7 AM to 12 midnight all days. I was sold on Exide. No surprise, I ended up buying an Exide battery a day later.
Old 24th November 2007, 00:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Do they have their service in hyderabad/secunderabad too???
(just getting greedy after knowing they dont charge )

raj.
Old 24th November 2007, 11:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post
Have never had a chance to use their service but many people have said that the service is prompt, helpful and free. Here's a link to their website which lists all the Bat Mobile helpline numbers in various cities:

Exide Industries Limited - The Company
You can check out the link and confirm whether there is a service in Hyderabad.

Just wanted to share this with everyone here. I was out with some friends and we were walkin down our galli. I saw a man who had a breakdown in his car and was desparately trying to push the car and trying to get it started all by himself. Looking at us he asked us to push his car. Out of curiosity I just asked him what was wrong and he said theres a problem with the battery. Out came my mobile and I called up the Exide Batmobile. Within 15-20 minutes the Exide guys were there and started his car. The guy was very thankful to me. SO all in all its a thumbs up to the Bat Mobile.
Old 25th November 2007, 12:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is this service 24x7 or only during normal business hours, couldnt find this in their writeup page.
Old 27th November 2007, 00:32   #14
BHPian

To the best of my knowledge, the service is from 7.00 AM to 12.00 Midnight.
Old 27th November 2007, 17:35   #15
BHPian

I will give a thumbs up too to Exide for this customer friendly initiative. I had the chance to call them up once as due to an alternator failure on my Truevalue Wagon R, car refused to start while away from home due to battery being dischared. Ofcourse, Batmobile was free. And the alternator failure was covered by Truevalue Warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks