Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 13:02   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice needed on Injector cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
@ Mayank - I didnt add an extra zero. MASS in Mira Road is charging that much for the job. As per them, the price difference is due to my car being diesel.

Update - I have a friend who used to work in a MASS. He did some digging around and spoke to the service supervisor on my behalf. He used some contacts and now they are quoting 8500 for all the work that needs to be done. My friend recommended to get it done as something as critical as injector cleaning shouldn't be left to unauthorized mechanics in the market.
My bad.
Just saw thats a diesel, so i am completely out my depth here.
maybe thats why the higher quote(more complex systems).
But still sounds too high, compared to 500-600 i paid for a petrol.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

I feel instead of MASS you should go to a Maruti Workshop. as someone mentioned maybe you need to go to Vittesse Andheri or Prabhadevi.
Always fill diesel at a company pump. As for the battery you can try out a battery dealer and they will tell you if the battery has failed. I don't think Maruti will replace a battery. They will send you to a dealer of the make in your car.
Paramount can straight away talk to maruti about covering it under warranty why do they need to wait and do it only if the problem still persists.
You need to contact maruti directly through email or phone, and create a ruckus only then will your problem get solved
Old 15th September 2011, 20:50   #48
BHPian

I had actually checked with Lucas TVS for injector cleaning for my diesel indica few months back, it was around 400/- only for all 4 injectors. They do have a specialized equipment to which they hook up the injectors, pass the solvent and check the spray pattern etc. It is a different matter that System D sorted out the issue for me so i didnt have to visit Lucas TVS in the end.

Somethings fishy here ? 8500/- may be for the fuel pump overhauling not just injector cleaning. If you need it the lucas TVS outlet is on Andheri Kurla road between Saki Naka and Marol Naka, Andheri - E
Old 16th September 2011, 21:14   #49
BHPian

Does anyone know how to lodge a complaint with Maruti? Now I have been told the injectors need to be replaced and will cost me 54000. I think I have been fooled and I want to esaclate this to Maruti....
Old 1st April 2012, 19:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would like to get the injectors cleaned on my 2002 Fiat Palio Adventure 1.6 Petrol. I do not want to go to TASS for this. Where in Bangalore is a good place to get all 4 injectors cleaned.
Old 1st April 2012, 19:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I would like to get the injectors cleaned on my 2002 Fiat Palio Adventure 1.6 Petrol. I do not want to go to TASS for this. Where in Bangalore is a good place to get all 4 injectors cleaned.
Try System G first, should work.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 14:14   #52

Injector Cleaning

Hi,

I filled Diesel from my regular petrol pump and the car ran fine for two days. On the third day it wont start. Called a mechanic home and he told that there is alot of water mixed in the Diesel. Took the car for tank cleaning and some filter cleaning. He calls me today and says the issue hasn't been resolved and the injectors needs cleaning.

He has quoted Rs. 3000 to clean one injector and says there are 3-4 injectors in Vento.

I have no idea about cars. Please help me.
Old 18th August 2013, 18:23   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Injector Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iIncepted View Post
...says there are 3-4 injectors in Vento.
What kind of mechanic did you go to? Can't he count?

On a serious note, water in diesel is not such a big issue, and injectors don't need to be cleaned. Find a good mechanic (check this thread). Going to a VW ASS would prove to be expensive, and the possibility of your being misled is also higher.

The fuel tank needs to be completely drained and dried.

The fuel pipelines need to be flushed - not a major job.

The diesel filter needs to be replaced, and the sedimenter cleaned, dried and reinstalled.

At initial starting there may be some smoke and misfiring (from residual water in the common rail), which sorts itself out within 1-2 km. Use an additive like System-D for one tankful, and things should be fine subsequently.

All this shouldn't cost you even the price the mechanic is demanding to clean one injector.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 18:42   #54
lsp
BHPian

+1 to SSda.

I got my Santro's injectors and spark plugs (4 each ) cleaned at the HP petrol pump opposite Hyatt/Bikaji for Rs. 500 plus taxes.

Not sure why you got such a high estimate for the job. Maybe he is taking you for a ride. Find a good mechanic pronto.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:27   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to read about the water mixed diesel, that is creating problems for you.Please see if your car is under warranty or not. If so, do not take it elsewhere other than the the authorised dealer or else the warranty for a whole lot of mechanicals may turn void.
If the car is past warranty, please take it to a reputed garage. I have listed some of them in the thread quoted by SS Traveller.
M/S Shree Auto Restorers operates from their MIDC, Hingna workshop only these days.
M/S Limbanna Garage, Mount Road, Nagpur 440001, is another good garage where the work is done satisfactorily.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 22:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Rs. 3k for one injector is daylight robbery. I don't own any diesels, but I did get four injectors of our petrol Ikon cleaned at a few hundred rupees.
Old 19th August 2013, 07:42   #57
BHPian

Injector cleaning for my OHC used to be 900-1000 bucks for four injectors using an automated machine.

Are you sure the quote you have got is not for injector replacement? I remember reading somewhere on this forum about someone who got a similar quote from Hyundai (?) for injector cleaning and was later clarified that the quote was for replacement.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:28   #58
BHPian

Just for a comparison, got a friend's Honda Civic's injectors and throttle body cleaned by Authorized Honda Service Center for some Rs.1550 inclusive of labor and chemicals. The injectors were cleaned using the injector cleaning machine and throttle body was removed and cleaned (unlike M.A.S.S where a few puffs are put in without dismantling throttle body).

Pretty justified charges for an authorized center for such a premium car. Impressed!
Old 21st August 2013, 17:41   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Just for a comparison, got a friend's Honda Civic's injectors and throttle body cleaned by Authorized Honda Service Center for some Rs.1550 inclusive of labor and chemicals. The injectors were cleaned using the injector cleaning machine and throttle body was removed and cleaned (unlike M.A.S.S where a few puffs are put in without dismantling throttle body).

Pretty justified charges for an authorized center for such a premium car. Impressed!
I have been already impressed with the costs mentioned on the maintenance thread of Honda Civic.

About 6 months ago, I have my cars 4 injectors cleaned by the injector machine and the throttle body was also cleaned after completely dismantling it...& yes, It was done at a MASS. But they do have a oil/dirt remover spray can with which they cut the job short, but not when the owner specifies a throttle body cleaning.

The injector cleaning charges are Rs. 125/- per injector (4X 125= 500) and the throttle body cleaning probably costed me about Rs. 280/- (not sure of this one). I had also got the engine de-carbonized @ Rs. 900/-
Old 21st August 2013, 20:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
the throttle body cleaning probably costed me about Rs. 280/- (not sure of this one). I had also got the engine de-carbonized @ Rs. 900/-
Going by the way MASS is charging these days, I am skeptical of Rs.280 throttle body charges. Please confirm the parts and labor charges separately. Rs.280 might be just the labor charges here.
How was your experience with the engine de-carbonisation process? An interesting and very informative thread here suggests that de-carbonisation is just another gimmick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks