Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:48   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice needed on Injector cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Going by the way MASS is charging these days, I am skeptical of Rs.280 throttle body charges. Please confirm the parts and labor charges separately. Rs.280 might be just the labor charges here.
How was your experience with the engine de-carbonisation process? An interesting and very informative thread here suggests that de-carbonisation is just another gimmick.
As I wrote, I am not sure about the throttle body cleaning charges. Either it was 280 or 380 bucks. And since, there is not much in terms of parts replaced in throttle body, the full 360/- is labour cost only. There is only a gasket change which costs about Rs. 13/-. This gasket sits between the throttle body and the air intake manifold.

And whether engine de-carbonization is just a gimmick, yes, that requires another thread in itself. However, some views and experiences of senior & distinguished members does suggest that a market for de-carbonization exists. The first decarb that my car had at 14K kms gave me a feeling that its running lighter. The ones that followed later gave me more of 'mental BHP' than anything else!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Going by the way MASS is charging these days, I am skeptical of Rs.280 throttle body charges. Please confirm the parts and labor charges separately. Rs.280 might be just the labor charges here.
How was your experience with the engine de-carbonisation process? An interesting and very informative thread here suggests that de-carbonisation is just another gimmick.
I was charged 350 (only labor no parts) for throttle body cleaning and 1200 for engine decarbonization at a MASS for my alto last december.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:25   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How does one know if the injectors in the car need cleaning? My lancer feels sluggish but I don't have any starting problems, infact it starts up with just half a crank. The idling is also smooth. Only thing is the car feels sluggish.

The fuel filter has also been changed along with valve clearances adjusted and timing checked.

Also the mileage is really really bad with the car giving 7kmpl in city and 10-11kmpl on the highway.

The HM guys claim the lancer's injectors don't ever need to be cleaned as they are self cleaning type which is utter rubbish.

Car has done 75,000kms.
Hi, when was the last time you had replaced the spark plug of your vehicle.

If the injectors on your vehicle is not working fine , your vehicle will experience missing of engine or misfiring, but as per your explanation there is no misfiring.

Just check the spark plugs and especially the gap of the plugs.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:05   #64
BHPian

Advice needed on Injector cleaning in Bangalore

Anyone knows provider of ultrasonic injector cleaning service in Bangalore?

Checked with Bimal Whitefield and their machine is down. Is there anything else available in the area?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks