Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 23:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
No probs. He doesn't look at new gen number plates. Mebbe I would try an MH-12 number instead of MHW, MRW, BMC, MTP, BYH, MHJ, etc.
Hmmm....good point! I say go for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Ishan, dont you have a Charger to plug in?
No, but I have a Charger to drive around in! A Dodge Charger that is
Old 11th December 2007, 01:41   #32
BHPian

whoa... havent we gone way off topic huh ???

Ok heres a bit of update. Inspite of the 'state of art' security system ( as claimed by the toyota executive ), this 5-day old car, was broken into yesterday night. Hatch door glass very easily shattered to pieces and point of entry secured, thief took the 2-DIN cd player that came with the car ( an opportunity to upgrade i say ). No other damage whatsoever.

So it just proves : there are work-arounds for every security measure present on your car.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. The security on car ( as well as premises ) will be upgraded to a better one now.

Last edited by hkanitkar : 11th December 2007 at 01:43.
Old 11th December 2007, 04:20   #33
BANNED

Arrey Baba! The security system which comes factory fitted (the one we are discussing here) is something which will prevent the car to be driven away. A break in cannot be prevented with it. You need shock sensors, glass breaking sensors etc.. To prevent that kind of incidents.
Old 11th December 2007, 05:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Inspite of the 'state of art' security system ( as claimed by the toyota executive ), this 5-day old car, was broken into yesterday night. Hatch door glass very easily shattered to pieces and point of entry secured, thief took the 2-DIN cd player that came with the car ( an opportunity to upgrade i say ). No other damage whatsoever.

So it just proves : there are work-arounds for every security measure present on your car.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. The security on car ( as well as premises ) will be upgraded to a better one now.
Buddy would you rather have your stereo stolen or your new car??
Secondly ...The second part has been answered by Speedzak below. Looks like you are hell bent on spending money for something you already have. There might be a possibility of fixing just an alarm system with a megaphone and motion sensors etc which might be compatible with the OE, I suggest that you go in fo rthat one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Arrey Baba! The security system which comes factory fitted (the one we are discussing here) is something which will prevent the car to be driven away. A break in cannot be prevented with it. You need shock sensors, glass breaking sensors etc.. To prevent that kind of incidents.
Old 11th December 2007, 06:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Secondly ...The second part has been answered by Speedzak below. Looks like you are hell bent on spending money for something you already have. There might be a possibility of fixing just an alarm system with a megaphone and motion sensors etc which might be compatible with the OE, I suggest that you go in fo rthat one.
Yup, that would be a much better idea...have add-ons that work in conjunction with your existing system.
Old 11th December 2007, 11:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Arrey Baba! The security system which comes factory fitted.. ..need shock sensors, glass breaking sensors etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
arrey babas .. i know !!
i was just commenting upon the 'work-arounds' part !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Yup, that would be a much better idea...have add-ons that work in conjunction with your existing system.
Already in search of the same !

Off topic but 1self, how much did that HU in your car cost ya ?
Old 11th December 2007, 13:36   #37
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I do not believe it is as simple as that. I have tried having the original key present at every conceivable location/geometry near the keyhole while trying to start my WagonR with the 'locally made duplicate' key. Didn't work!
This thing works with the safari, TATA gives you a card that contains the chip, the card is the size of a credit card, and you can use the card with any locally made duplicate key.

@anupmathur - try to touch the metal around the key slot with the original key while you turn the ignition with the duplicate key, it might work.

Last edited by IMP : 11th December 2007 at 13:40.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post

Already in search of the same !

Off topic but 1self, how much did that HU in your car cost ya ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/596903-post66.html
Old 11th December 2007, 14:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
@anupmathur - try to touch the metal around the key slot with the original key while you turn the ignition with the duplicate key, it might work.
Already done. No success.
Which is why I said I've tried every conceivable position/geometry.
Still, I'm open to more ideas that might have escaped me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
TATA gives you a card that contains the chip, the card is the size of a credit card, and you can use the card with any locally made duplicate key.
Very interesting! Where exactly do you need to hold/place this card?

Last edited by anupmathur : 11th December 2007 at 14:36.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:41   #40
IMP
BHPian

The card needs to be touching the bottom side of the steering column, just below the key slot.
Old 11th December 2007, 19:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Just tried again. Every position I could think of. Nope, it doesn't work.
You could try on any new Maruti vehicle delivered after end-April 2007.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks