Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2019, 20:48   #241

Re: Black smoke from diesel engines

Hello,

I recently purchased a pre-owned diesel Tiago (little over a year old, 6.5k on the odo). Soon after, I noticed the car emitting black smoke on hard acceleration (above, say, 3,000 rpm). Took the car to Concorde Worli hoping it would be dealt with under warranty. The service advisor told me that black smoke from Tiago vehicles is normal and that I shouldn't worry about it. He returned the vehicle without acting on it.

While I am not very technically savvy, I was fairly certain the SA was talking through his hat though I didn't have enough technical ammo to make an argument.

So to the experts out here, is a new Tiago emitting black smoke really 'normal'? If not, what do you suggest I say to the SA the next time I go to call them out. The checklist in the above post is useful and I could nudge the A.S.S. to look into these but for that, they will have to admit there is a problem.
nazimk24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:04   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazimk24 View Post
Hello,

I recently purchased a pre-owned diesel Tiago (little over a year old, 6.5k on the odo). Soon after, I noticed the car emitting black smoke on hard acceleration (above, say, 3,000 rpm).
All CRDI engines emit black smoke under hard acceleration. It would be good if you could compare with another Tiago diesel.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:43   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
All CRDI engines emit black smoke under hard acceleration. It would be good if you could compare with another Tiago diesel.
Noted. Thanks, BlackPearl. There was no diesel Tiago at the service center for me to check. The SA and I tested a diesel Nexon, which didn't emit black smoke. But I guess that must be because of the engine difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks