Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 22:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, what a perfect thread for the upcoming monsoon. Even i faced the same problem yesterday while driving back from home. I was faced with heavy rains and my windsheild was fogged like crazy and i use the same method of turning the defrost mode and internal air-circulation and fan speed to top. Still the problem persisted

Now, i will try using the same ac mode and when it fogs, change the setting to fresh air mode, defrost position and turn the switch to red position ( heater). Hope this works, let me try it out.

Any ideas when it will rain again in Hyderabad to try the above?
Old 11th June 2008, 01:06   #32
BHPian

i use 3M's Anti Fog & Demister Liquid.
No Foggy problems for me EVER !
not even if i switch my ac off and roll down my windows straight.usually this is when the glass gets all fogged up.
it used to happen every single time i used to roll down the windows after switching off the a/c . Cold cabin and moist and humid warm air = instant condensation/Fog.
can upload pics of the bottle if you guys want.
Distributed by 3M India. Bought it for 175 Rs.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, what a perfect thread for the upcoming monsoon. Even i faced the same problem yesterday while driving back from home. I was faced with heavy rains and my windsheild was fogged like crazy and i use the same method of turning the defrost mode and internal air-circulation and fan speed to top. Still the problem persisted

Now, i will try using the same ac mode and when it fogs, change the setting to fresh air mode, defrost position and turn the switch to red position ( heater). Hope this works, let me try it out.

Any ideas when it will rain again in Hyderabad to try the above?
Not very far away, I guess. Last year, I was in a similar dilemma, and I was trying all sorts of things. One thing i do remember is that I put the heater on with AC off, and this made my windscreen so damned misty that I could not see an inch ahead, and had to pull over and open the windows a bit to get better visibilty.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
not even if i switch my ac off and roll down my windows straight.usually this is when the glass gets all fogged up.
it used to happen every single time i used to roll down the windows after switching off the a/c . Cold cabin and moist and humid warm air = instant condensation/Fog.
This sounds good. can you please upload the pic?
Old 11th June 2008, 12:56   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This sounds like a simple solution. Picture please and also how to use the same.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
raja748 : Yesterday I have used all the suggestions posted by you in reply to my query.I am happy to say that my problem is nearly resolved now.
@Rajendra, we have given you conflicting suggestions. Which one has worked for you ? Pls let us know.

Eg: I use cooling of the air directed to the windshield to prevent fogging. Others have used warm air on the windshield to prevent fogging. Which one did you use ?
Old 11th June 2008, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

i dont know what solution was that, but i had purchased a kit from bharat petroleum pump. it had a solution to be mixed with water, very dilute and put in the washer tank. the water dropplets dont remain on the windshield. it was effective even when my wiper blades had gone bad.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I put the heater on with AC off,

How is this done? I am bit confused

In my SX4, first I have to switch on the AC and then set the temperature to low or high. And switch on the blower. If I switch off the AC with pointer on hot, blower just gives the normal air. I do not see AC and heater as two separate unit.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:39   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That reminds me i have the same with me, havent used it yet, picked it up from Ind Nagar 100ft Food world. Will try and post feedback.

@Tool: Did you apply it only on the inside OR even outside? My issue was with outside fogging.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:41   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

How is this done? I am bit confused

In my SX4, first I have to switch on the AC and then set the temperature to low or high. And switch on the blower. If I switch off the AC with pointer on hot, blower just gives the normal air. I do not see AC and heater as two separate unit.
Yours is an automatic climate control unit i assume since its Zxi, there are two separate units but controlled automatically by the electronic climate control.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yours is an automatic climate control unit i assume since its Zxi, there are two separate units but controlled automatically by the electronic climate control.
Yes its automatic climate control, and that might be the reason. Still today I will check if heater is working when AC is switched off. may be its not working because it senses the temperature.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Yes its automatic climate control, and that might be the reason. Still today I will check if heater is working when AC is switched off. may be its not working because it senses the temperature.
Yes, if you have climate control, I guess you cannot use both AC and heater, as the inbuilt program might think you have gone bananas!
Old 11th June 2008, 16:50   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu : My issue was with outside fogging.
@Jaggu, if you are seeing outside fogging, is it when you use warm air on the windshield as your anti-fogging ?

if yes, you could try using cool air on the windshield instead.
Old 11th June 2008, 17:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

I wasnt talking greek here or was I ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Well then buy and try this Anti-Fog and please post the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
This sounds good. can you please upload the pic?
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:40   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nishantgandhi : Actually my issue is still un-resolved. I have to probably get my wiper blades replaced.
raja748 : ...I never faced this problem before as I am driving this car since more than 3 years now
raja748 : ... since last 2-3 years during rainy season. I never experienced this problem before.Why only now..Same place,same car,same AC setttings,same kind of rain..I am really unable to figure it out..
@Raja, I may have the definitive answer to your problem : Looks like your car -and your wipers are about 3 years old. The problem is possibly with your wipers. Replace them, and check it out.

My wipers are into their 3rd season, and I seem to be facing the same problem now. Problem seems to disappear after some time of using the wipers.

Last edited by condor : 3rd July 2008 at 13:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks