Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 13:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Autoclutch Review

Bumping up an old thread, but are there any newer updates/ reviews on this technology? Have any members recently bought/ tested such products?
Old 16th April 2013, 13:43   #62
BANNED

This seems to be website address. Main office is in pune

http://www.indiamart.com/automateind...ge-gear-system

http://www.automateindia.in/

Dont we have any other option than automate?

Last edited by idea : 16th April 2013 at 13:46.
Old 5th September 2018, 15:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Yes, even after 5 years from the last post, has anyone tested or had reliability issues with the Mobility Aids Sales and Services (Chennai) or City Clutch (Gujrat) or Auto-Clutch products?
Old 6th September 2018, 10:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Yes, even after 5 years from the last post, has anyone tested or had reliability issues with the Mobility Aids Sales and Services (Chennai) or City Clutch (Gujrat) or Auto-Clutch products?
I had visited a local Auto-Clutch installer in Bangalore for a demo, the auto clutch function failed repeatedly during test drive. The clutch is engaged and disengaged by a cable operated mechanism. If cable gets stuck, clutch does not get engaged. The modifications to clutch and brake pedal looks ugly too.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 19:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

My BIL met Pandian last week for LPG conversion on one of his friend's Corolla Altis. He was introduced to Auto Clutch kit during the visit. As per Pandian, all previous niggles have been sorted out and the new version is reliable. The kit also includes Hill Assist feature to control the vehicle on gradients. I am sharing a demo video from a local installer in Bangalore,

deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 16:06   #66
Senior - BHPian

I was looking to install Auto clutch system in my Swift. Called Automate and they directed me to their local dealer in my city. The dealer had Auto clutch system (as per him it was fitted some 8-10 years ago) in his car. I took the test drive and during the test drive the system failed multiple times. At times it would not release the clutch fully, the clutch pedal release action was too jerky and I could feel the jerks. The dealer told that the problems are due to the system being too old. I was not impressed with the product. But, the dealer told me that the latest system is more advanced and will work properly. I was still not convinced and when asked about the price I was quoted 45-47K Rs which for me is way high than what this system offers. I myself am an Electronics engineer and understand what all parts are required for this system to work and definitely it should not cost 45-47K. I was disappointed by the price and hence scrapped the plan.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 22:16   #67

i have got auto-mate autoclutch installed on my 2011 sx4 zdi. costed 45000. out of which as per their bill cost of the unit is 21000 and installation charges 19000. For installation they visited my place - Mysore karnataka from pune in a Honda WRv which also happens to be their beta testing unit and demo vehicle. they aggregate 2 or 3 installations and do it together on a single drive. the unit is similar with an actuator, electronic controller wired to ECU of car, a sensor at brake pedal and gear knobs.
As for reliability i tried 3 cars in mysore which had autoclutch installed 5 yrs ago, they were working well. regarding updates, they release an update every few months and retune the car at their workshops. the chip in the controller is changed for free upon visit.
It has a DC motor which sits below driver seat which is imported from korea, and rest components are made in india. They are coming up with cruise control and paddle shifters apparently.
For drivability, they have hill climb assist which basically is an adjustable torque output without accelerator input which prevents car moving backwards on an incline. the clutch movement is reasonably smooth and i havent experienced stuck pedal so far. there is a reset button given which resets the system in case if clutch is stuck. the clutch actuator links can be disconnected in case of failure of system and used as a manual car till they visit to repair. additional fuses are provided. they were happy to help over phone for issues. the system is not fully smooth like an automatic though. Still it can be considered in special situations like if u suffer a left knee injury requiring rest, car is reasonably good and no plans to sell it, 2 or more people drive the vehicle. will make a review with provide link for youtibe
Sudhamshu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:53   #68
BHPian

21k for the unit and 19K for installation!! That's steep. This price is one of the reasons stopping me from going for it. Would have made a lot of sense if it was 20-25k overall. Add to that, one loses manufacturer warranty and the warranty for this part is just 1 year for a high usage product.

Also reports that when the clutch wear increases, we have to retune the system to avoid jerk free operation.

The YouTube videos are all by the company or by their dealers. Yet to find any long term actual owners review.

Currently makes sense only for those having some knee issues which makes clutch usage a pain
Old 8th March 2021, 16:18   #69
BHPian

Maybe it makes sense for people who have harder clutch too. I spoke to one of their team members yesterday and he said that the warranty is for 2 years. They have two motors, the more powerful one being used for vehicles that have a relatively harder clutch like the Jeep compass. Price quoted was around 42k for the lower power mechanism. I would need to leave the vehicle in the morning at their Pashan (Pune) workshop and they would be done by evening, same day. They need us to come over again for a test drive to see that all is working as expected.

I was thinking of selling my ecosport diesel mainly because I've been spoilt by the Jazz cvt but then the second hand car market won't offer much. Even if I were to buy a second hand automatic in the same segment, I would have to spend atleast 2-3 lacs more. I'm very happy with my ecosport diesel and if I can retain it by paying 42k, its worth a try imo.

Last edited by oli.ferns : 8th March 2021 at 16:21.
oli.ferns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:30   #70

Please post contact details of Auto Clutch dealers/installers in Bangalore.

Also can someone give me the contact details of Pandian who installs both Auto clutch and LPG kits in Bangalore
Old 27th June 2021, 08:59   #71

Automate Autoclutch has a workshop in bangalore, handled by Mr Kumar +919019648593
Old 20th September 2021, 14:14   #72
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
Anyone is using this automate auto-clutch system here?
Do they have Pan-India coverage?
After going through the thread, seems like this system would be usable in city traffic and then it can be switch off and driven normally whenever need be. Am I right?
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhamshu View Post
i have got auto-mate autoclutch installed on my 2011 sx4 zdi. costed 45000. ...
2 or more people drive the vehicle. will make a review with provide link for youtibe
Hi Sudhamshu

Do you still drive the Zdi with autoclutch?
How is autoclutch performing on your car?

thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 18:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

As Ive written on another thread , I also evaluated this in Nov 2019. Its a great idea and there is no doubt at all that it works perfectly well. I test drove the Honda WRV diesel that they brought to demonstrate this to me. I repeat, it works perfectly.
But I frankly found it a bit crude-ish and was reluctant to adopt. Meaning somehow Im not happy with chopping and cutting and splicing etc. Especially when considered in the context of modern cars which are well finished with great fit quality and finesse. To suddenly introduce this, however helpful and innovative it is, was a bit too much for me.
Anyway here are the photos and the details for anyone who may be interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Autoclutch Review-0acabf4bf3d742518ffabc9e9fdf08cb.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-9b68d5ff85f8451b81615893f596f28d.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-b4f83917760848cc969c15a663e8f72a.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-a3f657e5966344e5bf6e66637748a1ec.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-d38a8bc0edcf4ce192dd44f20147517f.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-b72342447ba742fba53ed66dee9520fb.jpeg  

Autoclutch Review-77d6c117fd0b463389bd4d3cbed5e0df.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th December 2022 at 18:40.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 16:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhamshu View Post
i have got auto-mate autoclutch installed on my 2011 sx4 zdi. costed 45000. will make a review with provide link for youtibe
How has the autoclutch been performing on your vehicle, are you still using
autoclutch for driving?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks