Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2024, 12:17   #106
BHPian

Re: Windshield cracked. Need replacement

Recently the Windshield on my Aspire got cracked for no apparent reason. This is the second time that has happened in a span of 7 years.
Cauvery ford did not have the windshield in stock and I wanted the car in 2 days to drive to home town for school summer vacation and a couple of weddings. They advised me to wait for a couple of days until the windscreen is back in stock or try with Windshield Experts - which is what I had to do eventually!!
Now - coming to the Glass that was replaced - it does say AIS manufactured and ISI marked etc.. with the usual numbers, it does not have the FORD logo and the "//" symbol or some E6 symbol which was there on the glass that was earlier replaced at Ford ASS.
They did assure me that the windshield is the same one which is used by the ASS, but they are NOT allowed to use the "FORD" branded glass. Also the the price of glass replacement - when paid by cash, there is a difference of nearly Rs.2000.00.
I am sharing the Glass code for the new windshield.

Windshield cracked. Need replacement-windshield_new_code.jpg

This is the code currently on the glass which was replaced by WS experts.
I totally forgot to take an image of the earlier glass code when the cracked glass was removed at the workshop.
Request some one who is kind enough to share me the glass code if they have from the OEM / original factory fitted glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks