Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 13:04   #16
BHPian

Thanks for the info about PCMScan software . I find it more useful than Digimoto which I have been using with my ELM 323 based hardware for my Optra 1.6 ( uses KWP 2000 Protocol ) . PCMscan has a recording facility which i find extremely useful.
Old 5th April 2009, 17:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dadu,

Any progress here?
Old 6th April 2009, 11:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

I havent been able to do much R&D on it since it was not required to check anything on my Safari.

But it does what it says, reads the data from your sensors, you can customize the look and feel of the dashboard as per your requirement.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
... reads the data from your sensors...
Do you mean to say that it is of no use? Or will this data from the sensors be of any use when trouble shooting or is the data too raw for any understanding without proper TATA software?
Old 15th July 2009, 14:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is a newbie question, but where exactly is the OBDII port located in the Safari 2.2 , a photograph or description would really help.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:47   #21
BHPian

@ Dadu,
Its really great that you have achieved.
Are you going for any modifications in your ECU with changing its IC's ???
Old 15th July 2009, 19:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Do you mean to say that it is of no use? Or will this data from the sensors be of any use when trouble shooting or is the data too raw for any understanding without proper TATA software?
Sorry saw it to late, on a daily basis this has no use but once in a while and during diagnostic it better than what they have at T.A.S.S, the software converts the raw data into a visual/ graphic console which is easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
This is a newbie question, but where exactly is the OBDII port located in the Safari 2.2 , a photograph or description would really help.
Just look underneath the glove box, you cant miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Dadu,
Its really great that you have achieved.
Are you going for any modifications in your ECU with changing its IC's ???
No I prefer stock + too risky to mod a TATA spec.
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:57   #23
sun
BHPian

Hello dadu, have you further investigated the functions of the 32 pid's ? Did you do an aggressive scan ? Is the 'Instantaneous Fuel Economy' pid working ? what is the pid 'OnBoard Diagnostic System Type' ?

I am interested in the OBDPro USB Scantool and PCMScan, which I am thinking of purchasing. Do you have any suggestions for better software alternatives ?

thankyou
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Hello dadu, have you further investigated the functions of the 32 pid's ? Did you do an aggressive scan ? Is the 'Instantaneous Fuel Economy' pid working ? what is the pid 'OnBoard Diagnostic System Type' ?
Yes, I did an Agressive scan, it just confirms which all PID's will actually work.

Yes, see the screenshot, this is from a short drive around my house.

Cracking the Da Vinci "TATA Safari 2.2l" ECU Code-monitor.jpg

OB system type determines what type of protocol etc it uses, not required in logging live data.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:12   #25
BHPian

Indica Vista OBD II compliance

Dadu...Wanted to know if the Vista Quadrajet is OBD II compliant..Have PM'ed you with some detailed question..Can you please let me know those details
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:57   #26
sun
BHPian

happy to know that most of the pids work. Dadu, do you think ScanGauge II - ScanTool.net will work on the 2.2 l ?
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
happy to know that most of the pids work. Dadu, do you think ScanGauge II - ScanTool.net will work on the 2.2 l ?
Based on my knowledge it might not, but there is a 50:50 chance. Ths problem with the current firmware of TATA ECU is that it doesnt support service $06 command correctly, the moment any software sends a 0600 command to the ECU it should ideally return a -ve response as per SAE 1979 and ISO 15031-5 standards, but it sends back a NO DATA, resulting in a lockup of the ECU and hence no further PID data can be obtained by any other valid commands.

Any software or device sending a 0600 command during initialization to the current TATA ECU will lock up the ECU communication and no PID data can be received back, the fully compliant version of ECU will be released in 2010 by TATA.

Till then test using a demo version and only then buy it. You can send a query to scantool people if their device sends a 0600 command at any point to the ECU and if it can be disabled, if you can it will work , otherwise not.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:56   #28
sun
BHPian

I had a brief interaction with the TATA software, It had the title 'ECM Diagnostics, Ver:... ? ' It looked basic, the interface had no finesse, but seems to do the job. The technician did not know which software this was, or was not inclined to tell me the details, which is more likely. Any way the scanner plugged into the laptop via USB.

Regarding ScanGuage II, I have send an e-mail querying about 06 command as you suggested, let me see their response.
Old 24th August 2009, 10:45   #29
BHPian

Indica Vista OBD

Quote:
Dadu,
Tried using the PCMScan trial version..>It was able to recognize hte ELM323 scanner..But it then gave a error message that the protocol was not recognized. Is TATA using its own propritery protocol. I thougt it was a ISO-9141-2. Also, when i connet the ELM323 to the OBD connector, i get one red led light on the scan tool, but there is one more which does not glow, is that a problem? I bought mine from Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India

Also, is there a way to find out what is the protocol by some AT command? I keep getting the BUS INIT.....ERROR message
Old 24th August 2009, 15:04   #30
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Dadu, Is TATA using its own propritery protocol. I thougt it was a ISO-9141-2.
As I said before, I had seen the TATA service personnel in action on my Safari 2.2 l. On the hardware connector was written ISO 14230. That should be the protocol.. right ?

Hope this was useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks