I am looking to buy a W124 E250D which is a 1993 Mercedes Benz, Made in Stuttgart, 5 Cylinder-250 Diesel, W124, Import. Drove it today the car is slightly sluggish and found the clutch to be lethargic. It takes a long time to engage. Is it true of all W124's? Also what should be a good offer price for this car? It has done about 1,12,000 Kms till date.
The known problems as on date are:-
1. Central locking not working.
2. Side indicator is missing.
3. ABS light is always on.
4. Power windows need to be checked.
Apart from the above the body is neat and only a few rust spots around the door hinges and the wheel well. Everything about the car is stock.
Please give urgent advise and more so for the clutch. The car doesnt move forward till you really linger on withe the clutch release and keep pressing the throttle. Even then it moves like a snail but picks up at around 2000 rpm.
Can anyone suggest where in Pune/Mum can I procure an AC relay and wiring harness for a W124 E250 D? and how much would it cost?
Pai auto electric in Mumbai is great for electric work on any cars. Beware of randomly believing the Merc dealership and changing parts. They often ask you to change what they cannot understand or repair. IF you do want to drive down to Bombay any one of these days, Pai will diagnose and fix it up in a jiffy. If it does indeed need a new wiring harness, then that can be arranged too.
1. I own a 1996 E220 which has clocked around 76K kms. For the last 1 week I am feeling a heavy clutch in my vehicle , before this I felt it once in a while. For the past three days my knees are aching badly after driving in a traffic for nearly 30/60 mins. What may be the cause and solution for this?
2. When I had a fuse bulb in my headlight I changed it and did a Hella Relay since I went for a 90/100 W Halogen bulb. After this change, the light notification is glowing in my panel. I checked all the other lamps and they seems to be fine. What may be the cause for this?
Hi Vasanth, the heavy clutch may be due to many reasons, most common of them are the low fluid in the reservoir but that would mean low brake fluid so that may not be the reason. Sometimes due to wear and tear the "fingers of the pressure plate" may get hard, that mean its time for a change.
Coming to your second point, if you are certain that there is no fused bulb, then obviously the electrician has messed up and not wired the relay correctly, thats why the waring light shows.
In any ways, the cause is cannot be pinpointed unless the car is seen personally. Please get it checked up by someone who knows his job.
Can someone please recommended a good place in Mumbai to get the central locking on a W124 fixed?
My Dad just got the power window on the drivers side door fixed on his '96 E250 Diesel, and the central locking just stopped working since then.