Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Laura - Service centre advised to get the ECV/AC Compressor changed

I recently got the first service done for Laura. Service advisor asked to me get the Electronic Control Valve / AC Compressor checked & replaced if required. He didnt even inspect my car and showed me a print out stating that system is showing for this check.

Further he said that I will have to pay for the consumables used in this if any. Is this normal for a 6 month old car?

I was confused so thought of asking from fellow bhpians.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Laura - Service centre advised to get the ECV/AC Compressor changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
I recently got the first service done for Laura. Service advisor asked to me get the Electronic Control Valve / AC Compressor checked & replaced if required. He didnt even inspect my car and showed me a print out stating that system is showing for this check.

Further he said that I will have to pay for the consumables used in this if any. Is this normal for a 6 month old car?
Read my ownership Laura ownership review from this post onwards. You will get answers for your query.

How old is your car? Which variant and engine? Last time i went to Skoda workshop, they confirmed a recall will soon be started for A/C compressor valve, which is known to fail. Negotiate for the consumables, if they are issuing a recall, they should pay for consumables as well.

Which workshop do you take your car to? Avoid Giriraj.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Read my ownership Laura ownership review from this post onwards. You will get answers for your query.

How old is your car? Which variant and engine? Last time i went to Skoda workshop, they confirmed a recall will soon be started for A/C compressor valve, which is known to fail. Negotiate for the consumables, if they are issuing a recall, they should pay for consumables as well.

Which workshop do you take your car to? Avoid Giriraj.
Thanks Anshuman. My car is 6 months old and Ambiente version (Manual). I took my car to Giriraj only. Can you suggest me some other good authorised service centre. Service advisor asked me to leave to the car for 3-4 days to which I refused. I'll try to negotiate for the consumables as well.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Last time i went to Skoda workshop, they confirmed a recall will soon be started for A/C compressor valve, which is known to fail.
Hey, any idea for which period cars is this applicable? The AC in my car is ok (compared to Santro) though. Btw it's a May 11 batch car.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:01   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Hey, any idea for which period cars is this applicable? The AC in my car is ok (compared to Santro) though. Btw it's a May 11 batch car.
Hi bloodred, Please confirm this with your SA/Customer care. Though i cannot confirm existence of customer care department in Skoda India, i am still waiting for reply for the email i wrote to them around a year back. Try your luck.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:13   #36
BHPian

recently got the air conditioning replaced for my laura 2009 model. 85k + taxes..

at least the air conditioning works now!
Old 21st April 2014, 18:16   #37

Re: Skoda Laura L&K Compressor and Condenser question

Here you have another Laura user with the same problem. Mine is Laura 1.9 TDI MT Ambiente with 57K odo reading.

After spending almost a month and several visits\calls to different AC repair centers ranging from Lajpat Nagar, Mayapuri to Gurgaon, I was convinced that my AC compressor had gone Kaput and there was no option to save money but to go for a new compressor
Team-bhp forums were of great help as I could believe that Laura compressor would generally fail around 60K odo reading. It was clear that the damage was somewhere around Rs 25-30K just for the compressor replacement, gas, fitment, etc. Luckily my condenser was in good state and didn't need a replacement.

I decided that I will look for other branded AC compressor replacements apart from Sanden as maximum Lauras were seeing this AC problem at this stage and the company was fitting Sanden compressor. After extensive research I had options of using Valeo, Delphi and Sanden. Somehow I couldn't find the availability of Valeo in Delhi so I was to choose from Delhi and Sanden only. Having heard and witnessed this compressor problem at 60K, I didn't want to repeat Sanden if I was to invest this much and keep the car for long (at least 5 years).

I got Delphi from Kashmere gate for Rs 15,500 with bill and got it fitted at a local AC mechanic in Gurgaon. It feels so nice now and had a big relief that I got everything done within Rs 20K!
jazzyrajat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 19:23   #38
BHPian

I finally sold the Skoda Laura L&K of mine this year. The one thing I gave on guarantee was the compressor. I told the buyer that if the compressor or the aircon failed anytime in the next 1year I would replace it free for him. I am super impressed with the skills of the man who managed my Laura for 4+ years and kept the car in complete shape despite my tom foolery at times. The compressor never failed me after the replacement, It is noteworthy that I've not filled the "gas" either in the last 4yrs. The car didn't fetch me a good price, but all in all, i'm so glad that I gave the buyer a car that will help redeem Skoda's name as a car that has "niggles" and "problems".
Old 18th November 2014, 22:32   #39
BHPian

I got my condenser parts changed as there was some campaign which skoda was running. Service center person said my car was eligible for that campaign and hence there would be no charges. The only charges I paid was for AC oil/gas and that too was Rs. 750.
Old 18th December 2014, 23:16   #40
BHPian

During my 2nd Service in Oct'14, my SA informed me that there is a recall for the AC Compressor Valve and that my car is listed in the recall. He also mentioned that the whole process would take 3-4 days. I plan to give the car for the recall in Jan'15 so that I can test the AC for 7-8 months at a stretch after the repair work
Old 27th March 2015, 08:48   #41
BHPian

Hello,
Recently my Skoda lauara 1.9 TDI which is done around 70k kms, had a new problem. I could feel the air conditioner cooling capacity was not good. So drive to the Skoda service Center , Vinayaka Skoda in Bangalore. He checked the grill temperature and it showed 10 Degree C. They told me that the compressor has to be checked and the gas level too. He also told, mostly the compressor has to be replaced and it would cost 70k. I was zapped. My 8 year old Hyundai accent which is done 140000 kms works as good as new. I was not convinced. I took my car to cool tech cars on the ring road of Bangalore near Lumpini Garden. Exact location I will share.

He checked up the same stuff again , gas pressure, grill temperature. He told me that a certain valve has to be replaced and it would cost 10500 Rs including labour and gas. I told fine go ahead. He started work as I sat there and watched the whole process. He removed the compressor from the right side wheel arch. It took about 30 min. Then he showed me the valve. He pressurised the compressor with air and the old valve popped out. The company of the compressor is SANDEN. He had a new genuine SANDEN valve and he fixed it. Rechecked for leaks. Fitted the compressor back. Another 30min to fit. Then started the car, filled up the gas. And wow , problem
Solved, grill temperature 3 Degrees. He told me that the valve was always the issue and fails. The design of the new valve is better and lasts longer. All new skoda cars are now coming with this new valve.

Just wanted to share this here. I have posted pics
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura L&K Compressor and Condenser question-image.jpg  

Last edited by drrajanvr : 27th March 2015 at 08:51.
drrajanvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 17:39   #42

Hello,

I need some serious help. I have a skoda laura 1.8 TSI (2011 may, 60K) and my car AC has a mind of its own, at low idling or in heavy traffic, the bloody AC just does not cool. To top it off, I have a black car, so I am roasting. Considering that I stay in south delhi and have crawling traffic, its just unbearable.

Gurus, please guide me to a fix, from all the threads its seems that there is a valve issue, is there an easy fix.

Please please help
Old 29th March 2015, 01:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
Hello,

I need some serious help. I have a skoda laura 1.8 TSI (2011 may, 60K) and my car AC has a mind of its own, at low idling or in heavy traffic, the bloody AC just does not cool. To top it off, I have a black car, so I am roasting. Considering that I stay in south delhi and have crawling traffic, its just unbearable.

Gurus, please guide me to a fix, from all the threads its seems that there is a valve issue, is there an easy fix.

Please please help

Hey... Skoda was running a recall for the AC compressor valve. I got mine done a couple of months back even though I had no AC problems. Mine is a 2012 model. Just check with the A.S.S. If your car falls under that recall. If not then try and negotiate to have it fixed under goodwill cause Laura ACs are known to be trouble. If this also does not work then call the Skoda helpline number and see if they can offer you something.
Old 5th April 2015, 08:50   #44

I am just so confused and fed up with Skoda.

I have called the skoda helpline as well as written an email, i was assigned a service centre to have the car checked. This was after many curteous calls from a lady called Leena Mathur at Satman Auto.

Once my car was there they categorically told me that there is no recall or campaign that has happened for 'valve replacement' and two they can check the car, however, if they find a fault and I dont get is replaced from Satman, I will have to pay a service charge.

This is ridiculous.

Can someone please guide me
Old 7th April 2015, 20:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
I am just so confused and fed up with Skoda.

I have called the skoda helpline as well as written an email, i was assigned a service centre to have the car checked. This was after many curteous calls from a lady called Leena Mathur at Satman Auto.

Once my car was there they categorically told me that there is no recall or campaign that has happened for 'valve replacement' and two they can check the car, however, if they find a fault and I dont get is replaced from Satman, I will have to pay a service charge.

This is ridiculous.

Can someone please guide me

I am no expert at this. But see if the following helps- I got my recall valve replacement for Giriraj Motors Gurgaon. How about you call them up, say that you got a call regarding this recall from your local service dealership. But since you are out here on business could Giriraj motors carry out the recall. If they agree, ask them to mail the details and the cost involved. Once you get this use the same doc in negotiating the recall at your service dealership. Or mention the same to skoda helpline and say no one is helping you and that you will goto social media and ask for help. This is the max I could suggest my friend. The laura compressor was always a problem and skoda should rectify such issues even though it might require a slight push. As for my recall I ended up paying 1800/- for some extra AC gas. I know it should have been free of cost but I did not want to get into an argument with the dealership specially when they will be servicing it for years to come for a small amount. All the best for your case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks