Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 15:26   #16
BHPian

Hi All,
Thanks for all the advice...
I will add 2T oil in petrol... but, I am still skeptical on adding 2T to petrol... But since you people have used and found it to be working.. i will also try it my car...

- I will get the spark plugs and injectors checked .
- I plan to install Phillips Rally H1 100W & H7 8W (with cutout)...

@Ravveendrra - May I contact you when I am in Hyderabad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
There are several workshops and mechanics in Hyderabad who do a good job on Fiats and Palios. I have not tried Solar but have heard several complaints about them,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
I too agree with this method. It is a good trial and if your problem is set, then decarb again wud not be required, praneeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
+1.
one of the Injectors maybe faulty. better get it checked before other.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:39   #17
BHPian

Hi Ravveendrra,

How will adding 2T oil to petrol help?

I am trying to find any threads that could help me out here but I am not able to find any.

Thanks in advance
Old 17th September 2009, 18:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npraneethreddy View Post
Hi All,
Thanks for all the advice...
I will add 2T oil in petrol... but, I am still skeptical on adding 2T to petrol... But since you people have used and found it to be working.. i will also try it my car...

- I will get the spark plugs and injectors checked .
- I plan to install Phillips Rally H1 100W & H7 8W (with cutout)...

@Ravveendrra - May I contact you when I am in Hyderabad...
You are welcome to contact me anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
Hi Ravveendrra,

How will adding 2T oil to petrol help?

I am trying to find any threads that could help me out here but I am not able to find any.

Thanks in advance
Here is the link to the thread with a whole lot of information, gyan, debate etc. : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-oil-fuel.html

You may also read my opening post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1271071 in my thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-2nd-hand.html

Let me add here that I have been giving my cars 2T oil treatment once in a while since 1990 or thereabouts, I have always noticed the improvement and have not noticed any damage or harm.

Cheers,
Old 18th September 2009, 09:18   #19
BHPian

Thanks Ravveendrra. I will try this with my car too.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:20   #20
BHPian

Hello All,

I am planing to change engine oil from Mineral to Synthetic. Please adivce me on which brand and grade is suitable for my Palio 1.2.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I am planing to change engine oil from Mineral to Synthetic. Please adivce me on which brand and grade is suitable for my Palio 1.2.
I have a Perol 1.6 - try "Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic"
Old 18th September 2009, 17:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

You can also check out Selenia 5W-40 K. Its FIAT recommended synthetic oil. I have put this in my car and have driven 1.5K after that. The engine has become smooth and rev happy. Mileage is marginally improved.
Old 18th September 2009, 17:14   #23
BHPian

One more question
- Now my engine is on 100% mineral oil, do i need to do Engine flush before Adding Synthetic oil or is it not required at all.

How would this cost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
You can also check out Selenia 5W-40 K. Its FIAT recommended synthetic oil. I have put this in my car and have driven 1.5K after that. The engine has become smooth and rev happy. Mileage is marginally improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I have a Perol 1.6 - try "Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic"
Old 19th September 2009, 13:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
One more question
- Now my engine is on 100% mineral oil, do i need to do Engine flush before Adding Synthetic oil or is it not required at all.

How would this cost me.
A flush is recommended. Depends on your service cente, usually one unit of flush + labour should cost around Rs 440 in Mumbai. Go for Selenia, since it is recommended by FIAT and used on their other cars.

And yes, you will also need to change the oil filter.

Last edited by Seeler_Rebeiro : 19th September 2009 at 13:39.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:07   #25
BHPian

Hello,

I have installed new Phillips H1 100W & H7 80W in my Palio.
from the first use I find there is a improvement in the lighting. Will again check it when i travel to Hyderabad.

One question, Will this high power bulbs drain the battery.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more question

How would this cost me.
No flushing is required if the original engine oil does not contain any metal particals or dust when you get it out. Selenia 5W-40 K (Petrol) oil costs 610/- per liter. It takes 3 liters for a 1.2 Palio.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:07   #27
BHPian

Hello All,

For the last couple of days i have been observing that, car is pulling to left side and I get a feeling like traveling on a Boat. What could be the Problem. I have checked the Air pressure and recently done the Alignment and balancing of Wheels.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
No flushing is required if the original engine oil does not contain any metal particals or dust when you get it out. Selenia 5W-40 K (Petrol) oil costs 610/- per liter. It takes 3 liters for a 1.2 Palio.
I had my car (1.2 NV ELX) serviced yesterday - I used Castrol Magnatech. I had a new can opened, and there was less than 1/2 litre left over after topping up. I was told it takes in about 3.6 litres to fill completely - checked the oil level through dip stick, and I showed full.
BTW, where do you get your car serviced?
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:28   #29
BHPian

My car had the same problem, used to give an explosive sound , only difference is that you get it on idle whilst i got it in my car high up in the rpm meter.Now, i used to get regular service done, which included periodic oil , filter(s), sparks plugs replaced .., etc. My car's engine was flushed and i had it de-carbonized . Yet, at high power band, there used to be an explosion followed up with knocking.Finally, with the assistance of our preferred mechanic , we identified that the problem was the ignition coil which was causing a misfire at one of the cyclinders!. I got the ignition coil replaced , and since then there has been no misfires.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
I had my car (1.2 NV ELX) serviced yesterday - I used Castrol Magnatech. I had a new can opened, and there was less than 1/2 litre left over after topping up. I was told it takes in about 3.6 litres to fill completely - checked the oil level through dip stick, and I showed full.
BTW, where do you get your car serviced?
Since last couple of years I am getting it serviced at BU bhandari wakad. For my car it took, 3 liters of engine oil. I changed to Selenia as FIAT uses the same oil in Linea and Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks