Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2007, 13:37   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I've not tried the last part, move to a consumer court, I guess it'll be a tough fight but worth every bit of it...
The matter still isnt worth going to the consumer court for. They are obviously trying very hard. However, to the owner of the car, what matters is only results.

An ideal solution would be for Honda (company not dealer) to step in and take the car for rectification. In the meanwhile, a loaner Civic / Accord should be handed out while the owners Civic is in for an expected long time (2 - 3 weeks?).
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:19   #62
BANNED

Hi Navin,

Any updates. I believe they had given you a time limit for yesterday.

Viper
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:36   #63
BHPian

Tr

Hi,
Try contacting Autocar about this. I usually read in the magazine how they publish everyone's complaints and the companies usually takes care of the matter soon to avoid any embarresament. Cjeck out any of the Auto Car magazine for that sectuion and contact details.
Try contacting all the necessary people in the Honda India website: Honda Car Of India, Honda Car In India, Honda Car India: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. I believe Jack 7 and Viper already mentioned this.
I'm not sure about the consumer court (Preparing and Filing Consumer Complaint at Consumer Court in India). Maybe you can send them a complaint letter and copy forward the same to the Honda dealer and even to the Head Office. just as ST7677 mentioned.

You are right, when you spend more than 10 lakhs for a car, you don't go about trying to fix an issue that should be taken seriously by the service people. Keep us posted.
Old 14th January 2008, 19:27   #64
BHPian

Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC

During moments when I switch of the AC and keep the blower running, my swift produces a peculiar unpleasant smell. The smell vanishes the moment I switch off the blower. This is only while the AC is on off mode. Does anyone have a clue as to why would this happen!
Please note this is not a momentary phenomena, the car has been doing this for about an year!
Old 14th January 2008, 21:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Looks like your car is suffering from bad breath. Check for cavities.

Seriously speaking, get the a/c coil cleaned. Surely the coil has a lot of dust accumulation and that is the cause for the bad smell. Get the whole a/c system serviced for better results.

For now, get her some mouthwash (car perfume).
Old 14th January 2008, 22:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seriously speaking, get the a/c coil cleaned. Surely the coil has a lot of dust accumulation and that is the cause for the bad smell. Get the whole a/c system serviced for better results.
There is a foul smell coming from my brand new SX4 from day one. This happens as soon as I switch on the blower and the smell disappears when I switch on the A/c. Here we go again with the SX4 issues!

4 years through and there are no such problems from my Palio.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
There is a foul smell coming from my brand new SX4 from day one.
Did you have it checked? Maybe some foreign body is lodged in the coil.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

Ditto.

A/C - Life is beautiful
Blower - Uggggh

This used to happen in our Santro too and Iv noticed in a few other cars as well so its not MSIL specific
Old 14th January 2008, 22:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

get a dispenser of ambipure thats all.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:28   #70
BHPian

Could be possible you have fungus on the filter or something that used to be alive.
Old 14th January 2008, 23:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

well yes during every service at hyundai the guy gets my ac airfilter out and sprays some perfume based disinfectant that keeps it from fungus and bacteria and the ac doesnt smell bad, but sort of like dettol!
Old 15th January 2008, 00:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

I guess this would be due to the stale air inside your car (happens all the time to me too). Try sliding the air control to fresh air intake.
Old 15th January 2008, 01:01   #73
BHPian

What cars do have an AC air filter, say would my Lancer or XETA carry one, Have'nt been able to locate it.
Old 15th January 2008, 03:03   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
What cars do have an AC air filter, say would my Lancer or XETA carry one, Have'nt been able to locate it.
Dont know about other cars but hyundai Accent(later models),verna,elantra and embera come with a fiter.
Old 15th January 2008, 03:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
accent does come with an airfilter paper type that needs replacement every 20K Kms and the cost is a whole 1000 bucks!
EDIT: forgot to mention its the a/c's air filter! the car's normal air filter is paper type too and is like 300 bucks!

Last edited by rider60 : 15th January 2008 at 04:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks