Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 17:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The best deal I am getting is 4.5K, in exchange for old battery, Amaron Flo 45 Di. Some Amaron dealer that called me after the 1800# call.

Harsha, since you know him, why don't you call him and find out. If we get a good price, I will buy from him.

Also, there seems to be some confusion on which DIN to use for 1.6. Amaron says 45DIN. What's the FIAT recommended DIN?? Anyone has the manual with them?
Khanbhai, I have no clue about fiat recommended DIN.
Gowda was out of his shop. He said he'll call me back in a bit. I will check the price for Amaron Flo 45 DIN, right?
Where in Bangalore are you put up?
harsha.cs1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 17:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Khanbhai, I have no clue about fiat recommended DIN.
Gowda was out of his shop. He said he'll call me back in a bit. I will check the price for Amaron Flo 45 DIN, right?
Where in Bangalore are you put up?
Khanbhai, got a call from them, they were quoting Rs. 4400. This is without much negotiation. Once you confirm, we can negotiate. I think they deliver the battery home too. You can call me at 9900239781.

Last edited by harsha.cs1 : 8th January 2010 at 17:53. Reason: afterthought
Old 8th January 2010, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think Din45 is too low powered for the 1.6, i was told by both Amaron and Exide thatDin55 is the one for our cars.

Did check with Concorde and they confirmed it.

For Din55 am getting a quote of 5800 in Mangalore, by the main dealer. and Exide is 6100.

Quote:
The best deal I am getting is 4.5K, in exchange for old battery, Amaron Flo 45 Di. Some Amaron dealer that called me after the 1800# call.

Harsha, since you know him, why don't you call him and find out. If we get a good price, I will buy from him.

Also, there seems to be some confusion on which DIN to use for 1.6. Amaron says 45DIN. What's the FIAT recommended DIN?? Anyone has the manual with them?
Old 8th January 2010, 18:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think Din45 is too low powered for the 1.6, i was told by both Amaron and Exide thatDin55 is the one for our cars.

Did check with Concorde and they confirmed it.

For Din55 am getting a quote of 5800 in Mangalore, by the main dealer. and Exide is 6100.
The initial quote for Amaron Maintenance Free DIN 55 battery here is Rs. 5100. Surprising that Mangalore prices are so much higher
Khanbhai, please do let me know either way, preferably on my phone. By bikes need batteries pretty soon
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 8th January 2010, 20:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Did check with Concorde and they confirmed it..
Cool. So DIN 55 is what it will be.

Quote:
The initial quote for Amaron Maintenance Free DIN 55 battery here is Rs. 5100.
Khanbhai, please do let me know either way, preferably on my phone. By bikes need batteries pretty soon
Cheers,
Harsha
Ok, Done, Amaron DIN 55. Will call you. I plan to get it installed next week or max week after.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:25   #21
BHPian

Khan bhai ..

Its Din 55 for s10 ....

Even i am planning to change the battery for my D, its Din 60

Regards
Abhishek.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
deutscheafrikar, thanks for info. but am not able to find "bosch" here in Mangalore.
Lolithrao
try this

U.G. & Co.,
Baby Mill Compound, Supariwala Building
Nereshawalya Road, Bunder
Mangalore 151003
Karnataka
9845313133, 2427367, 2445133
Ganesh Prabhu / Gautham Prabhu
ugcompany.mangalore@gmail.com [Changed from 5th Jan '06]

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th January 2010 at 21:06.
Old 9th January 2010, 10:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wowww thanks a ton! now this should be helpful

TBHP has so many great people!

Harsha, 700bucks difference, now that's shocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Lolithrao
try this

U.G. & Co.,
Baby Mill Compound, Supariwala Building
Nereshawalya Road, Bunder
Mangalore 151003
Karnataka
9845313133, 2427367, 2445133
Ganesh Prabhu / Gautham Prabhu
ugcompany.mangalore@gmail.com [Changed from 5th Jan '06]
Old 9th January 2010, 10:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Checked with Bosch, they are quoting 5300 for 55Din:(

Btw one of the dealer was suggesting a local brand for about 3800bucks, not keen to go for it though!

Last edited by lohithrao : 9th January 2010 at 10:48.
Old 9th January 2010, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Cool. So DIN 55 is what it will be.

Ok, Done, Amaron DIN 55. Will call you. I plan to get it installed next week or max week after.
Ok Khanbhai, do give me a buzz say today and we can then take it forward. Those guys can deliver it to you next week if you wish. My P150 is running without horn due to low battery and the horn is the most important safety device on Indian roads! So I kinda gotta hurry on this.

Yes Lohith, that's a huge difference. In fact it is so huge that someone can actually buy it from here and travel there specifically for it at the same price! While I wouldnt recommend it because it is cumbersome and not worth the pain to save a few 100 bucks, I am aware of people who transport stuff on highways through bus drivers, who do it for a minor fee!
Old 9th January 2010, 10:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Harsha, can you provide the "dealers number" let me see if something can be worked out

Quote:
Ok Khanbhai, do give me a buzz say today and we can then take it forward. Those guys can deliver it to you next week if you wish. My P150 is running without horn due to low battery and the horn is the most important safety device on Indian roads! So I kinda gotta hurry on this.

Yes Lohith, that's a huge difference. In fact it is so huge that someone can actually buy it from here and travel there specifically for it at the same price! While I wouldnt recommend it because it is cumbersome and not worth the pain to save a few 100 bucks, I am aware of people who transport stuff on highways through bus drivers, who do it for a minor fee!
Old 9th January 2010, 11:21   #27
BHPian

Lohith, had set the no below. Here it is again! Khan and I are buying 3 batteries between us. Do let us know if you wanna work out something as well!
Looks like very soon, we will be buying around 10 batteries - but i dont wanna wait that long.

Quote:
I know this shop on old airport road - 9845181465. He had given me a very good discount on Amaron battery (around 20% plus) and deals in both Amaron and Exide. The guy is called Gowda. In fact i too need to buy battery for both my bikes now. buying 3 batteries should be a good negotiating point... give him a call and see if something works out. If so, we can buy the batteries together.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 9th January 2010, 12:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Harsha.

Spoke to him, he is quoting 5080 for Amaron and 5200 for Exide...(55Din)

Bosch quoted 5000Rs.

The above process are with the dicount.

Now in Mangalore, quote for Amaron is 5400 & Exide is 5500...

Also the dealer was suggesting a "local" battery for 3200bucks

Firstly i dont understand why there is a difference of 400bucks? both the Mangalore dealers could not believe that in Bangalore we are getting such difference.

Lastly should i try the Local Make? i still dont feel like spending 5500 for a batt
Old 9th January 2010, 12:51   #29
BHPian

Ya, this man gives great prices. and we will get even better prices considering we are buying a few batteries. Pay 5400 and buy Amaron in Mglr.
Do not go for local battery ever. You will regret it. It will give way very soon. More than that, it will give way in some godforesaken place and without a service back up, you will be left in a very bad position.
I have had a local battery in my car in the past and i very strongly discourage you for doing that even if you were getting it for 2K, which you will. Moreover, the acids in the local battery will leak and leave parts of your car corroded if you do not throw it out really soon after buying it. I threw mine away shortly after i bought it - it had come with the car! On a trip to Kukke, the car refused to start in the hills. Then we figured that the salts around the electrodes of the local battery had blocked flow of electricity.
Do you want more reasons not to go for a local battery?

Quote:
Thanks Harsha.

Spoke to him, he is quoting 5080 for Amaron and 5200 for Exide...(55Din)

Bosch quoted 5000Rs.

The above process are with the dicount.

Now in Mangalore, quote for Amaron is 5400 & Exide is 5500...

Also the dealer was suggesting a "local" battery for 3200bucks

Firstly i dont understand why there is a difference of 400bucks? both the Mangalore dealers could not believe that in Bangalore we are getting such difference.

Lastly should i try the Local Make? i still dont feel like spending 5500 for a batt
Old 9th January 2010, 13:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

hehe well Harsha, i have already learnt my lessons of driving with a faulty battery. and for sure i wont even dream about a local one.

Amaron guys are not giving me a concrete date, so i guess i will go for Exide itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks