Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 17:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Palio Battery options DIN50/DIN55 and manufacturers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
Ironically, since I posted yesterday about my cars battery (TATA GREEN), I am having some starting problems. Not sure if its battery related or something else
Ironically, it is not related to battery. I have replied to your email. I hope that helps. Take care and drive safe
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 20:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
bought Exide DIN50 Battery

price - 5300 INR
Parked the car at office on Saturday morning. The car was not started for couple of days. today, while starting the car, found that the battery has lost all juice and she didn't start - cranks were slow and after couple of tries, it was ... :(

This battery didn't even last two years - had to come home by cab.
Old 16th January 2012, 21:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Parked the car at office on Saturday morning. The car was not started for couple of days. today, while starting the car, found that the battery has lost all juice and she didn't start - cranks were slow and after couple of tries, it was ... :(

This battery didn't even last two years - had to come home by cab.
Get it replaced for free under warranty?
Old 16th January 2012, 23:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Rohin - it had one year warranty when i got it.

may go for Amaron this time.

Exide BattMobile Service was prompt - they came to office and jump started the car with one crank. Battery charge was low.

Spoke to 1100D in the morning - he advised not to go for a new battery immediately and charge the present battery first at a battery center and then give it a go for a new battery. same was told by the BattMobile service guys.

got in touch with a battery service center - i was told to bring the battery to them / they do not have a loan battery. cost to charge the battery - Rs 20 /-.

in between got the following quotes:

Exide DIN50 Matrix: 7500/- (buy back of old battery - 400)
Exide DIN50 Max: 4500/- (")
Amaron Flo DIN55: 5700 (buy back of old battery - 300)

will keep you guys updated.

@ Mods - please merge with the earlier post.

*Post Reported*

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2012 at 09:58. Reason: Merging both your posts.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

There is a way to check if there is a current leak in the system - applies to all cars.

i was speaking to vipul_singh yesterday, he gave us a nice and easy way to check with the leaking problem for dummies like me

1. Charge the battery > then check the voltage across terminals when idling with NO LOAD (no headlights, stereo, AC) - if it is less than 13volts, suspect a leak in the system or problem with alternator voltage regulator. if not, then proceed to next step.

2. The battery shops have a device to check voltage maintained by the battery at the time of cranking (while the battery is out of the car) - if the voltage drops below required threshold, the battery is bad (12.6 volts is ideal). if the battery holds charge, then there is a leak in the system.

How to check leak in the system?

1. disconnect after market security / alarm & stereo > switch off all loads and put a multimeter in series between the battery and positive terminal. current should be ZERO

2. disconnect after market security / alarm & stereo > remove battery terminals and bridge the multimeter leads between the battery terminals > the resistance should be infinite.

the cental locking / after market Alarm / Stereo when connected (engine off) usually consume a mere 0.50 amps which is OK, i am told.

While searching, i came up with few useful links:

Technical: Battery charging problems - The FIAT Forum

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-else-2.html

How to Find and Stop Car Battery Drains – DIY Car Battery Drain - Popular Mechanics

hope this helps all (not only Palio owners).

Status of my RS: she started with 1.5 cranks in the evening after the Batmobile service jump started the car in the morning (gap of 8 hours), drove her home and i was able to start the car again in the morning with 2.5 cranks, drove to office and took out the battery yesterday (was stuck at work and could not give the battery for charging).

Today, gave the battery for charging with a Exide dealer > i was told that if any of the cells is damaged, battery will require replacement.

DIN(45/50/55/60) require atleast 24hours to fully charge. they couldn't provide me with a loan battery - but i was OK with that.

DIN 50 battery costs more than DIN 55 battery after price revisions at Exide - reason: 55 sells more than 50

take care

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th January 2012 at 12:13.
Old 13th June 2013, 23:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know current battery prices ? I got a quote of some 9k for DIN55 exide
Old 14th June 2013, 06:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Does anyone know current battery prices ? I got a quote of some 9k for DIN55 exide
I bought an Amaron flo DIN45 couple of months back for 5K.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 13:31   #83
BHPian

Palio 1.2 Petrol Battery Specs

Battery for my Fial Palio 1.2 Petrol has conked off and need to change it. Can someone tell me what would be the right amps battery to use and if there is a brand that is better suited to Palio? Also what does "DIN" in terms of a battery mean?

Sorry I don't have the manual with me (car is with parents in a diff city) so can refer to these details myself. And Fiat no longer carries any details on Palio on their website.

Thanks a ton!!
Old 8th August 2013, 14:14   #84
BHPian

Re: Palio 1.2 Petrol Battery Specs

You can download the Palio (India Version) manual from the official aftersales website of FIAT. Here is the link for your convenience

http://aftersales.fiat.com/ELUM/Mode...b&part_number=

All the best
RevvMusic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 14:45   #85
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Have you checked BatteryBhai.com? When I compared last month after buying Amaron DIN45 for my S10, this site was cheaper by Rs.150 than the dealer in Coimbatore from whom I reguarly buy.

Amaron DIN55 is 5700 as per this site.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:23   #86
BHPian

Re: Palio 1.2 Petrol Battery Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
You can download the Palio (India Version) manual from the official aftersales website of FIAT. Here is the link for your convenience

http://aftersales.fiat.com/ELUM/Mode...b&part_number=

All the best
Thanks a lot!! never knew this resource existed.
Old 20th July 2014, 19:18   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
I know this shop on old airport road - 9845181465. He had given me a very good discount on Amaron battery (around 20% plus) and deals in both Amaron and Exide. The guy is called Gowda.
Harsha - thanks for the number. I got amaron flo din45 for 3600. Btw, I called multiple dealers and everyone said I need to pick din45 from amaron (that includes amaron helpline). I think suggestions on this thread seem to indicate din50/55. Did I get the wrong battery!
Old 22nd July 2014, 00:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Harsha - thanks for the number. I got amaron flo din45 for 3600. Btw, I called multiple dealers and everyone said I need to pick din45 from amaron (that includes amaron helpline). I think suggestions on this thread seem to indicate din50/55. Did I get the wrong battery!
The Palio 1.2 uses a DIN 45 Battery and the Palio 1.6 uses a DIN 50 Battery.
Old 22nd July 2014, 00:16   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
The Palio 1.2 uses a DIN 45 Battery and the Palio 1.6 uses a DIN 50 Battery.
Dont know about Palio 1.2 but the 1.6 uses a DIN45 battery, not DIN50
Old 22nd July 2014, 00:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Dont know about Palio 1.2 but the 1.6 uses a DIN45 battery, not DIN50
My 1.6 came with a factory fitted Exide DIN 50 battery so that's what i replaced it with. Incidentally, Amaron does not make a DIN 50 battery so i had to buy an Exide (which is more expensive)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks