Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 22:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Engine Overheating Issue

Update: -
Today the SA called me and told that the Engine has been opened. The Sleeves of the Cylinders have developed Scratches.
The SA added further that "The pistons were somewhat blocked and not moving up and down freely. Might be due to this the Engine was overheating. We have to replace the Pistons, sleeves, head gasket, Valves, etc. The valves are one-time use and should be replaced when the engine is opened."

I nodded and returned home.
Estimate given today: - 45K.

I did not click pictures.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

I was very busy with office work so could not update the thread.

Below are the emails I sent to Tata Motors Ltd and the corresponding replies received from them--
1) Email sent by me to Customer Care TML on 06-07-2012 at 11:30 pm
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
We own two Tata Indigos viz. Indigo LS IDI (May 2004) and Indigo XL Grand Dicor (May 2007).
My queries are regarding both the Indigos.

1) Indigo LS (Registration No. MH-13 N-7998)--
I want a spare part for this Indigo. I don't know the exact name for that spare part. But it is Fibre part which prevents the alternator and AC belts from the water splashed by the front right wheel. I would like to mention that it is not the Splash Guard. If viewed from right side of the vehicle after removing the front right wheel, it can be seen.
I have asked Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd., Solapur to source this part and give it to me since one and half month ago. But they are yet to provide the same to me.

2) Indigo XL Grand Dicor (Registration No. MH-13 AC 9798) --
This car is facing overheating problem. So I left the car at Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur on 14th June 2012.
On 15th the Service Advisor Mr. Prasad called me and told to source the Hose Pipe (which fits between the Engine and Radiator, that passes the Hot Coolant from Engine to Radiator) from outside shop since they did not have it in stock. The Hose Pipe had a leak at the joint.
It took 4days for me to source the pipe from outside. On 20th, I bought the hose pipe from outside shop and gave it to Prasad. We went on trial after fitting that hose pipe to find out that the overheating problem still persisted.
Then Prasad told me that the Radiator will have to be checked. The latter will have to be sourced from Tata Motors Ltd. since the same is not available with the store (again the same answer of part not available).
Today (06-07-2012) Prasad called me to tell that the Radiator replacement did not solve the overheating problem. He asked my "Permission" to open the engine and check the head gasket, etc. He also said "The Overheating Problem might be caused due to blocked Pistons also. We have to check by opening the engine".

I did not understand what is the relation between the Engine Overheating and Blocked Pistons though I gave him "Permission" to open the engine.
If the Piston(s) might be blocked, how the engine is running?

Also the Service Advisor Prasad and the Spare Parts Store Staff are very Rude. They should be taught how to treat the Customers properly.
There are only two Service Advisors at Achal Automobiles. And both of them push each other to prepare Job Card while taking the car at the workshop. Is Preapring Job Card such a downmarket thing to do?

Our 2nd car Indigo XL Dicor is at the TASC since 14th June 2012 but has not been repaired till date.

And our 1st car Indigo LS is not getting the required missing Fibre spare Part.
Why the hell has Tata Motors Ltd. appointed Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd as TASC?
I request you to look into this matter and take suitable action immediately.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
9420XXXXXX
Reply received from Customer Care on 07-07-2012 at 10:07 pm with CC marked to Suraj Bijahalli, Customer Support Manager, Kolhapur.
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to us.

We are in receipt of your email dated 6.7.12. At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

The matter has been taken up with our Regional office, Mumbai / Area office Pune with a request to look into the matter on priority and get the issue resolved at the earliest.

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact Mr. Suraj .Bijjahalli, Customer Support Manager on 7507XXXXXX.

Assuring you of our best services.

Thanking you
For Tata Motors

Customer Care Team
Mumbai

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd September 2012 at 14:21.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

2) Email sent by me to Customer Care 09-07-2012 at 9:54 pm with CC marked to Suraj Bijahalli, CSM, Kolhapur.
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
In continuation with the previous email,
Our Indigo LS MH-13 N-7998 car too was facing overheating issue. I left the car at Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd, Solapur on 25th June 2012. The radiator was found to be the culprit and was replaced.
The car was initially registered in my father's name which I got transferred to mine for personal reasons.
I told this to Achal Automobiles and requested them to change the owner's name to mine so that the Tax Invoice would be in my name and not in my father's name.
The Customer Support Executive at Achal Automobiles took my mobile no. and address and told that I will get a call from Tata Motors Ltd for confirmation.
I paid the bill amount and got receipt (not bill since it was pending due to change in owner's name).
I received a call from TML on 05-07-2012 for confirmation .

Today I went to collect the Tax Invoice for the above mentioned Indigo (7998). But I was surprised to see that the Tax invoice I got, was still mentioning my father's name instead of mine. When I asked the Accounts section, they were not able to answer me.

Regarding the Indigo XL Dicor Overheating issue, I got a call from the Service Advisor Mr. Prasad that the Engine has been opened and it is found that the Cylinder Sleeves have developed scratches and the pistons are not moving freely. So they have to replace the whole engine kit including Pistons, Sleeves, Head Gasket, Valves, etc.
I can only imagine how much months will they need to solve the issue of overheating since they require weeks to source the necessary parts from Tata Motors Ltd.

Please look into this and all the previous matters immediately.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
9420XXXXXX
No reply got from Tata Motors Ltd end on this.

3) Email sent by me to Customer Care with CC marked to CSM and Chairman's Office TML (Email address of Chairman, TML got from T-BHP ) on 13-7-2012 at 11:00 pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Today I went to Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur to check the Status of our Indigo XL Grand Dicor MH-13 AC-9798.
On inquiring at Service Advisor, Prasad, he replied "We have placed the order for Engine Overhaul Kit by email today". I asked him "But you were to place order on last Monday 09-07-2012 itself. Then what caused 4days of delay?" He was silent. I went to the Spare Parts Section and inquired the Order No. through the Order for Engine Overhaul Kit has been ordered. But the Lady present there avoided to give me the Order No. So I met Works Manager, Kuldeep. But even he gave misleading answers to my questions.
So I met Customer Support Cell at that TASC and asked the lady there to give me Order No.s for
1) The Engine Overhaul Kit for MH-13 AC-9798 Indigo XL Grand Dicor,
2) The Fibre Part that protects the Drive Belts from the water splashed by the Front Right Wheel for MH-13 N-7998 Indigo LS.

But sadly, the lady refused saying "We cannot give the Order Nos." If the TASC has placed the Order for required parts for both the vehicles, then why are they avoiding to give the Order Nos. to me?

I request Tata Motors Ltd. to take severe action in these matters immediately to avoid delays in the service provided by the TASC.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
9420XXXXXX
Reply got from Customer Care TML with CC marked to Soumitra Chakraborty, Regional Customer Care Manager on 16-7-2012 at 11:46 am
Quote:
Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your email dated 13.07.12 send to our Chairman’s Office. At the outset, we regret the delayed response and the inconvenience caused to you.

We are once again taking up the matter with our Regional office, Mumbai with a request to look into the matter on priority and to get the issue resolved at the earliest.

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact Mr. Soumitra Chakraborty, Regional Customer Care Manager on 9167XXXXXX.

Thanking you
For Tata Motors

Customer-Care Team
Mumbai

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd September 2012 at 14:43.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

4) Email sent by me to Customer Care with CC marked to CSM and RCCM on 19-7-2012 at 5:57 pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Yesterday I got a call from Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur that the Fibre Part (which is called Fibre Extension Panel) has arrived and requested to send the car today to fit the part.
So today I went to get the part fitted to our car MH13 N 7998. At the time of billing, I was handed over a Satisfaction Certificate to sign on it.
I refused saying "I had requested this part from Achal Automobiles siince April 2012. And you are giving me the part now. Since you are giving me the part 3 months after I requested the same, I am dissatisfied with your service. Hence there is no question of giving Satisfaction Certificate".

But Mr. Kuldeep, Works Manager told me to sign the Certificate and if required I may complain to TML about the delay caused to provide the part. According to him, the delay is caused at TML's end and not due to fault of Achal Automobiles, Solapur.
He (Mr. Kuldeep) said "Initially we did not know what that part is called. The Electronic catalog that displays the parts pictures and corresponding part numbers dont match with each other. So we could not figure out the exact part number to place the order at TML. We tried to source the Part at 1) Pandit Auto, Pune, 2) Kolhapur, 3) Hem Motors, Satara. But we could not get it from either of them. Then we placed the order at TML. Even after placing the order at TML, we got the part yesterday 18/07/2012. So we called and informed you yesterday".

Could you please tell me what caused the delay of three months to provide a part at Authorised Service Centre?

And regarding MH13AC 9798, the Engine Overhaul Kit is received today (as per Achal Automobiles). The Engine Head will have to surfaced according to the parts in Engine Overhaul Kit. Hence Achal Auto had not carried out the work of Engine Head surfacing waiting for Engine Overhaul Kit. As they have received the Kit today, the further work will be carried out tomorrow onwards and will be completed within 5-6 days.

This is for your kind information and further needful please.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
09420XXXXXX
No reply from TML's end on this.

5) Email sent by me to Customer Care with CC marked to CSM, RCCM, and Chairman TML on 02-08-2012 at 6:11 pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Re my email dtd. 19-07-2012.
Our car has not yet repaired and delivered to us till date.
When I went to Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur on 28-07-2012 to check the status of repairs, I was told that the Oil Pump also has to be replaced and the same has been ordered from Tata Motors Ltd and it will arrive by Monday 30-07-2012. After that 2-3 days will be required for repairs. But sadly, the car has not been delivered to me duly repaired.

Your early action in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
09420XXXXXX
No reply from TML's end on this.
Old 22nd September 2012, 15:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

EDIT:In the above post, I forgot to mention that initially the old oil pump was fitted and a new oil pump gasket was used. But after fitting that old oil pump, Achal Automobiles came to know that the old oil pump is leaking and then they placed an order for new oil pump. While fitting the new oil pump, again new gasket was used. I am billed for both gaskets even though I am nowhere at fault.

6) Again I forwarded the previous email sent addressing to RCCM on 4-8-2012 at 4:44pm.

Reply got from CSM on 8-8-2012 at 4:09pm--
Quote:
Dear sir,

With regard to your complaint ref : 1-16391821642, we regret the inconvenience caused to you. We are glad to inform you the issue in your vehicle has been resolved and the vehicle is ready for delivery.
We request you to kindly receive delivery of your vehicle

Feel free to contact us for any concerns you may be having.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
On the same day, I got a call from Achal Automobiles that the car is ready and I can take a test drive to confirm that the overheating issue has been resolved or not. He also told that he has driven the car for 40 kms out of which 20kms were with AC On and found no problems on that drive.

As I was at our site away from Solapur, I told the Service Advisor that I will come on the following day.

On 9-8-2012, I went for the test drive of our Indigo XL Dicor.
While driving, I heard some friction like sound from the Engine in all 5 gears @ 2000rpm as if the engine is striving to move. When I pointed this out to the Service Advisor who accompanied me on that test drive, he flatly refused saying "That sound might be from the wheel bearing". I told him that the sound comes in all gears and only @2000rpm. But he did not listen. So I stopped the car and raised the engine to 2000rpm in neutral and made the Service Advisor listen the sound. Then he replied "Engine Foundation might be weak. Will have to check".
I said "But yesterday you had driven for 40 kms. Did you not listen this sound at that time?" He replied "No".

I refused to take the car and told them to eliminate that friction sound.

I received a call from CSM on 13-8-2012 confirming the delivery of car.
I told him about that sound and the car left at Achal Automobiles for checking of the same.

7) Email sent by me to CSM with CC marked to RCCM and "C" Office TML on 13-8-2012 at 1:40pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
We are from Solapur.
Does Solapur come under your terrritory since your signature indicates CSM, Kolhapur?

The complaint is regarding Indigo XL Grand Dicor bearing Registration No. MH13 AC9798.

I did not visit the Achal Automobiles on Wednesday 08-08-2012, then how come the vehicle was delivered to me? In fact, I went for trial of vehicle on Thursday 09-08-2012.
You were misinformed by the TASC.

On Thursday 09-08-2012, while taking the trial on our vehicle, I noticed that there was some noise from the engine @2000rpms in all forward gears as well as in Neutral Gear.
On pointing it out to the Service Advisor Prasad, who accompanied me on trial, he first declined saying that the noise might be from wheel bearing. I brought the vehicle to halt and raised the engine rpm to 2000 and made him listen the noise. Then he told that the engine foundation might be loose. Hence the noise.
I would like to mention here that on Wednesday 08-08-2012, Prasad had taken trial of vehicle for 40kms out of which 20kms were with Air Conditioning ON. I did not understand, at that time how he could not figure out that noise (or he did not want to figure out it).

So the vehicle is with Achal Automobiles till date and I have not received any call from them after I pointed out that noise issue regarding whether the issue of noise has been resolved or not.

The Service Advisor argued with me on two occasions. (Even he said "If you don't trust us, why did you give your car here for repairs?")

Doesn't Tata Motors Ltd arrange training for the Service Advisors and Mechanics?

Also the Store Keeper Madam has too much ego and does not answer my questions directly.

I would like to mention that the vehicle was given for repairs on 14-06-2012 but it is not duly repaired till date.
I hope the vehicle is duly repaired and delivered to me at the earliest and suitable action is taken on the staff of Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur to improve the standard of service given to customers.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
09420XXXXXX

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd September 2012 at 15:47. Reason: Typed the few sentences at the start of this post.
Old 22nd September 2012, 15:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

No reply from either TML or Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.

I took delivery of the car in "as is" (or should I say "as was" since the car was not touched by the mechanic after I left it on 9-8-2012) condition.

8) I shot an email to "C" Office TML with CC marked to RCCM and Customer Care on 21-8-2012 at 8:26pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
With ref. to the trailing email, we took the delivery of the vehicle today on 21-08-2012. But we noticed that the AC is not working.i.e. AC does not blow cool air and just gives out some hissing noise along with warm air as long as the AC button is On.

When we pointed out this to the Works Manager, he told to leave the car and they will check it tomorrow, rectify the problem and deliver the car to us on Thursday 23-08-2012. This is not correct.

Sir, the car was with them for more than two months but still the car is delivered not duly repaired. But since the car was with them for such a long duration and they were not able to sort out all the problems, we decided to take the delivery.

The Copy of Feedback given to Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur is given below for your kind information--
FEEDBACK for Repairs of vehicle MH-13 AC-9798.

To,
Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.
Murarji Peth,
Solapur

Sub: - Feedback on the repairs carried out on our Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor MH-13 AC-9798.

Dear Sir,
With ref. to above sub, our feedback is as below—
1) The required spare parts procurement is delayed. The order for required spare parts is placed on every 05th of month in spite of urgent requirement. The order no. of parts to be procured and status of the dispatch of materials from Tata Motors Ltd. is not being disclosed to the customer.
2) The Service Advisor always argues on our each and every statement. It is felt that he lacks thorough knowledge of the said vehicle i.e Indigo XL Dicor. He does not even know which part of our vehicle has been replaced (The mechanic working on the vehicle does not inform the service advisor about the work progress of the vehicle).
3) No prior permission of the customer is being taken if any additional part of the vehicle is to be replaced.
4) The Job card should be closed and the Tax Invoice should be generated at time of taking delivery of the vehicle. But in this case, the Job Card was closed and Tax Invoice generated on 08-8-2012 itself. But the Foundation of Engine was replaced with new one after 14-08-2012. This is undesired.
5) On 18-08-2012.the Service advisor has issued the Kaccha Invoice of another part stating only part No. informing that the Job card is closed. This is not a fair dealing.
6) Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. Solapur consumed more than 2 months for repairs.

We are taking delivery of our car today on 21-8-2012.
We are not satisfied with the service we got from Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur for the above mentioned points.

Regards,

Sudeep Dilip Dantkale
09420XXXXXX
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir,If we are getting this type of service despite complaining to Tata Motors Senior Officials, please imagine how other customers would be treated.
We hope you take necessary action on this to avoid future inconvenience to other Tata customers.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
Reply got from CSM with CC marked to RCCM 27-8-2012 at11:40am--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,
As per our telephonic discussion today, we assure you that we will resolve your issue of AC cooling insufficient as mentioned by you.

We request you to bring your vehicle to Sterling Motors-Solapur as per your convenience.
You can contact Mr Nitin Patil – Service manager of Sterling motors at mob : 9822XXXXXX

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
7507XXXXXX
The above reply was again sent to me by CSM without marking CC to anyone on 27-8-2012 at 12:00pm.
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Then on 7-9-2012, I took the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur on request of CSM.

There, Nitin Patil checked the car and told that there is wiring fault due to which the AC is not working. I asked him how much time will be required to check the wiring. He said that he cannot commit about the time since they have to attend other vehicles also. He requested me to leave the car in the following week.

I left from there and went to my known electrician to check the wiring. The electrician checked and said that there is no wiring fault and just filling the AC gas will solve the problem of AC. And voila, the AC turned on after filling gas.

9) Then I sent an email to "C" Office with CC marked to RCCM, Customer Care, and CSM on 10-9-2012 at 9:44am--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Re our trailing email dtd. 21-08-2012.
We guess, on communicating directly with you, the Regional Customer Care Manager, Mr. Soumitra Chakraborty might have advised the Customer Support Manager, Mr. Suraj Bijahalli to get our problem solved since the complaint was sent Chairman's Office.
The Customer Support Manager called me and requested to bring the vehicle to Sterling Motors, Solapur to rectify the AC Problem since we are unhappy with the Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd.

We took the car on Friday 07-09-2012 to Sterling Motors, Solapur at 15:30 Hrs. Mr. Nitin Patil attended the vehicle and on checking, he replied "There is some wiring fault and needs to be checked thoroughly. We cannot commit you the delivery date since we have to attend other vehicles too".

Sir, This shows that once any repairs are carried out at different TASC (Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd), another TASC (here Sterling Motors, Solapur) will not entertain that customer's problems on top priority since the latter TASC does not get any desirable profit out of it.

Then I took the car from Sterling Motors to my known electrician who checked and told me that there is no wiring problem regarding AC. In fact there is no AC Gas in the Compressor and that is why it is not turning on. If AC gas is filled, the AC will turn On. And Voila, after AC gas was filled, the AC turned ON and is working Very Efficiently.

If I had gone to Sterling Motors again to check the AC wiring this week, they would have diagnosed that the AC Compressor itself needs replacement but just fill the AC Gas (worth Rs.1,350/-) and bill me entire AC Compressor unit (worth Rs. 15,000-16,000/-).

If you wish I could send you the scanned copy of Tax Invoice of Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur wherein some of the parts are unnecessarily replaced and billed while some items such as AC Gas and Compressor Oil are billed without filling.

1) The Radiator Fan was working fine before giving the car for repairs at Achal Automobiles, but still the Radiator Fan Relay is billed to us.
2) The WD40 Rust Leak 3 cans were used. Did the mechanic use all the billed quantity for our car?
3) The Clutch Plates were replaced without intimating us Leave Aside Our Approval. On questioning, the Service Advisor replied "The
Clutch Plates were worn out and needed replacement". I said "I knew they were worn out. But it is your duty to take approval of any
work from the customer prior to carrying it out on the car".
4) The Oil Pump Gasket is billed twice in the Bill and on asking the reason, I was told "Initially we fitted the old oil pump with new gasket
and after fitting it we came to know there is leakage in oil pump. Hence we removed it and fitted new oil pump with another new
gasket. Hence we had to use two gaskets".
5) The Engine oil billed to me is 6 litres (5.5 + 0.5) as against the TML specified capacity of 5.5 litres.
6) The Service Advisor told me that the Cylinder Liners do not come with Engine Overhaul Kit and have to bought separately.
7) The AC Compressor Oil and AC Gas is billed but not filled.
8) Two tubes of Araldiet is used. Was all the quantity utilised?
9) Only 3 litres of Coolant used in the car as against TML specified 6 litres.
10) The Labour charges are unreasonably very highly billed.
11) The Power Steering Oil is billed to us even though no work related to Power Steering was advised by us.
12) The Sensor of Fuel Sedimentor was damaged while removing the Engine from Engine Bay. It is not fair to bill the cost of New Fuel Sedimentor when the sensor was damaged by the mechanic while removing the Engine from Engine Bay.

In a vehicle, which has gone through engine overhaul due to engine overheating, how can TASC fill coolant directly instead of initially filling water for 8-10 days to check whether the Engine Overheating Problem has solved or not. If the overheating problem arises again (God Forbid), would the TASC have filled the required New Coolant FOC (Free of Cost) after rectifying the Overheating problem?

When the Service Advisor informed me that he has taken test drive of vehicle after repairs and found the vehicle behaving normally.
At that instant, I told him not to fill coolant. But he did not listen and filled coolant and that too only 3 litres when the TML specified capacity is 6 litres.

One more thing we want to mention is that after carrying repairs at Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, the vehicle is giving starting trouble during cold starts. This problem was not present before giving the car for repairs at above TASC. In fact the car used to start within half crank before the car went for repairs.

When our local electrician checked for the AC wiring fault, I had to start the car 3-4 times. The electrician asked me as to why the vehicle is taking so long to start. He checked the Glow Plugs and told me that the Glow Plugs are worn out and needs replacement.
How is that the Glow Plugs were working fine before giving the car at Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. and worn out after carrying out the repairs at above TASC?

We are regretting our decision of buying another Tata Vehicle (Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor) despite of getting horrible After Sales Service for our previous Tata Car (Tata Indigo LS IDI).

For your kind information, we get both our Indigos serviced at Non-TASC due to above mentioned reasons.

Now we have decided that neither will we buy a Tata Product nor recommend one even to our enemy Leave Aside Our Friends and Relatives.

We have complained many times to customercare@tatamotors.com about hopeless and downmarket service from Sterling Motors, Solapur but not improvement till date.

The reason behind addressing this email to your good office instead of Regional Customer Care Manager or Customer Support Manager is that your good office takes suitable action at the earliest.

I request your good office to arrange refund of unnecessary parts billed to us.
Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
09420XXXXXX
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Reply got from Customer Care with CC marked to RCCM on 10-9-2012 at 03:27pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your email dated 10.09.12 sent to our Chairman’s Office.

We are once again taking up the matter with our Regional office, Mumbai with a request to look into the matter on priority and to get the issue resolved at the earliest.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanking you
For Tata Motors

Customer-Care Team
Mumbai
Another reply from CSM received on 20-9-2012 at 12:53pm--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,

We appreciate your feedback.
Regarding AC problem mentioned by you, we would like to state that you would receive service in any service centre or dealer regardless of where you have been attended previously. We assure you that you would have been attended in Sterling motors if you had decided to stay there, and that you would not have been overcharged for any part.

Regarding coolant issue – filling water for 8-10 days to check whether vehicle is overheating is not a company specified procedure and is not safe.

Regarding the points 1-12 raised by you. We will instruct Achal to take up on a point to point basis and explain to you. We will also take up with Achal to ensure there is no further doubt in your mind.
Please contact Service Manager Mr Kuldeep Mutkekar on 9860XXXXXX. We will also take up with him regarding your issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
7507XXXXXX
I saw this (20-9-2012) reply today and I replied to that just a few minutes ago with CC marked to "C Office, RCCM, and Customer Care
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Please refer the text highlighted in your trailing mail (we would like to state that you would receive service in any service centre or dealer regardless of where you have been attended previously).
In Feb. 2010, Best Auto, Kalyan had carried out work on our car. At that time, identical overheating issue was present in the car. The Bill amount was around Rs. 94,000+. After we used the car to for some days, we noticed that the Tappet Cover has cracked from behind. When we took the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur, the Works Manager raised his hands saying "This is not covered in warranty conditions post repairs. If you want to get it replaced FOC, you will have to take the car to Best Auto, Kalyan since they are who can replace it FOC and not we."
So the text hightlighted mentioned by you is far away from truth.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale
Forgot to upload the Copy of Tax Invoice of Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur
Engine Overheating Issue-achal.jpg

Engine Overheating Issue-achal-01.jpg

Engine Overheating Issue-achal-02.jpg

Engine Overheating Issue-achal-03.jpg
This is the Kuchcha Receipt for Engine Foundation (replaced or not, God knows).

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd September 2012 at 16:34.
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Haha welcome to the club mate. I am facing a similar issue with my Indigo Dicor, by similar I mean a long drawn out battle with TATA. They show enormous enthusiasm while listening to your complaint but once it gets known that they have done a few mistakes and then done blunders to cover them up, they start brushing things under the carpet. Then they try to project you as the villan who regularly keeps ****ing up his car while they as the guardian angels do everything possible to keep it running fine. I am just about to get the works completed on my car, hopefully, in a day or two and then shall post the entire details on my thread. Till then be after them thats the only way you will get it done.
Old 15th October 2012, 17:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Further Updates from my side.
On 23rd Sept. 2012, I sent the link to this thread stating the below points to "C Office Tata Motors" with CC marked to Customer Care, RCCM, and CSM--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Please go through the below link for more details--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2911468
The lack of proper response from your end forced me to post on the above Forum about the Quality of Service we got from Tata Motors Ltd.

Regards,
Sudeep Dantkale
I got reply from RCCM next day at 1:19 pm with CC marked to Customer Care and CSM--
Quote:
Sir,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are investigating the points raised by you and asked for an explanation from TASC M/s Achal Automobile.

We will give you a proper response as early as possible.

Thanks

Soumitra Chakraborty
DQCTC Manager
At 3:37pm same day, I got reply from CSM with CC marked to Customer Care and RCCM--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,

We have checked the 12 points mentioned by you in your trailing mail regarding billing and performed jobs by Achal Automobiles.

The charges are as per Tata Motors Ltd. Guidelines for all points except for oil gasket and fuel sedimentor.

Achal Automobiles has come forward and will be refunding Rs 3907 plus Rs 26 for sedimentor and oil gasket respectively to you.

Please contact the Achal Service Manager Mr Kuldeep Mutkekar for the same.

We once again, apologise for your inconvenience and assure you of our best services at all times.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
Old 15th October 2012, 18:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

On 26th Sept. I replied back with CC marked to "C Office", Customer Care, and RCCM--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
For your kind information, we want to make clear other points too as mentioned below--
Before giving the car at Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur, we have driven the car all over from Pune to Solapur, a distance of over 200 kms.
1) Now Achal Automobiles have claimed that they have replaced the below items (for the reason best known to them) and charged us for the same--
a) Engine Oil (Part No.OIL15W40BP). Qty-6 Ltr. Tata Motors Ltd. SPECIFIED that the Engine Oil Capacity for Indigo XL Dicor is 5.5 Ltr (Refer Owner's Manual), then why did Achal Automobiles used 6 Ltr of Engine Oil in our car? Rs.115.56.
b) Poly V Belt 5pk 740L (Part No.279723126312). We did not hear any noise either from the Alternator Belt (during our journey from Pune to Solapur). How come the belt worn out? Rs.272.00
c) Assy. Idler (Part No.279705110102). Why was this Idler replaced? Rs.728.89
d) Assy. Tension Pulley with Spacer (Part No.279723120105). Why was this part replaced? Rs.543.11
e) Crankshaft Gear (Part No.9999-8). If the Crankshaft Gear had been damaged or broken, would the car have covered the distance of over 200 kms (from Pune to Solapur) on its own? If it were true, the car would have to be towed to the nearest Workshop. Rs.607.20
f) Power Steering Oil (Part No.FIATOILSTG). Qty-0.8 Ltr. Why was the Power Steering Oil replaced/topped-up when it has not relation with the Engine Overhauling? 177.78
g) Assy. Priming Pump (Part No.279709110101). The reason quoted by Achal for this replacement is- There was Diesel Leakage from Priming Pump. If it were true, the car would not have started in first place, leave alone driven for 200kms. Rs.625.78
h) Cylinder Liner (Part No.G279001103714). Qty- 04 Nos. Does not this part come in the Indica-Indigo 1.4L Dicor Engine O/H Kit (Part No.885527970001)? Then what does Engine O/H Kit mean? Rs.1258.67
i) MAK Spirol 80W90_1X210 Ltr (Part No.OILBP7311023). Qty-1 Ltr. Why was Gear Oil topped-up? Also when Tata Motors Ltd RECOMMENDS EP80 Gear Oil for Indigo XL Dicor (Refer Owner's Manual), why did Achal Automobiles use 80W90? Doesn't the latter know about the Specifications of the lubricants to be used in a particular vehicle? We think since 80W90 is used for Safari and Sumo, the same oil is being used for Indigo and Indica as well. We need to replace the entire gear oil with EP80 Grade. Rs.750.00
j) Coolant Super Cool (BP) (Part No.COOLANTSUPERBP). Qty-3Ltrs. Tata Motors Ltd SPECIFIED that Coolant Capacity of Indigo XL Dicor is 6 litres (Refer Owner's Manual). But Achal Automobiles used only 3 litres of Coolant and topped-up with Plain Water. Won't this affect the cooling efficiency of the coolant? Rs.840.00 since the entire coolant has to be changed.
k) Engine Foundation (Part No. G279024100155). While test driving the vehicle (on 09-08-2012) after carrying out repairs to check overheating issue, we had reported some frictional noise from engine bay. Achal Automobiles claims that this part was replaced to solve the problem of frictional noise that we had reported. But still that noise did not disappear after the replacement of Engine Foundation. Also we are given Kuchcha Receipt of that part replaced since Achal Automobiles had closed the job Card previously. Rs.634.00 since the noise did not disappear after replacement of foundation.

2) Achal Automobiles have claimed that they have filled the AC Gas R134A (Part No.ACGASR134). But on taking delivery of the vehicle, we noticed that the AC was not cooling the car cabin but giving out hissing sound.
On troubleshooting, we came to know that Achal Automobiles had not filled AC Gas in the car. Hence the AC was not cooling the car cabin. On filling the AC Gas at local AC Repair Outlet, the AC is working very efficiently till date. Rs.1350.00

We request you to arrange refund for parts considering the above mentioned points apart from Fuel Sedimentor and Oil Pump Gasket.

From our calculations, the refund amounts to Rs.11837/-.

We request you to arrange for the refund as above at the earliest and henceforth keep an eagle's eye on the Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. to avoid the mental harassment to other customers too.

Regards,
Sudeep Dantkale
On 28th Sept. while browsing through Tata Motors Ltd. website, I came across Customer Rights (Don't get shocked since the webpage is created only for namesake and does not hold any light in the real world. My experience says it all). I sent a link of that webpage to CSM with CC marked to C Office, RCCM and Customer Care--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Re our trailing emails.

While browsing through Tata Motors Ltd's website www.tatamotors.com, we came across the following page--
http://customercare.tatamotors.com/c...ht.asp#promise

On the above page, in the We Promise Section, it is mentioned under On-time delivery point that
if you do not get your car back on the promised day*; we will waive off 10% on the labour bill of your car!
*In case of increase in job content / parts not available. Service Advisor will intimate you the revised delivery date & time in advance.

Achal Automobiles took more than 2months to repair the car stating unavailability of spare parts as the reason for the delay. But 10% charges were not waived-off on the labour bill of our car. Also the Service Advisor did not intimate is the revised delivery date & time in advance. We had to keep follow-up with the TASC since it was our need.

Also in Rights of the Customer it is given
*- In case of additional work to be done, you are entitled to ask for prior intimation by the workshops & only after your approval the additional jobs will be carried out.

But in our case, Achal Automobiles did not take our approval before carrying out the additional jobs such as Replacement of Clutch Plate, Alternator Belt to name a few of them.

In our previous email, we stated that refund amount for AC Gas is 1350.00. This is the amount we had paid to the local AC outlet for AC Gas refill.
Achal should refund the above amount as well as Rs.622.22 which they charged us in the bill for AC Gas but did not fill the Gas.

Sir, we have faced mental harassment due to the negligence and carelessness of Achal Automobiles.
In fact, we should have filed a case in Consumers Forum against Achal Automobiles as well as Tata Motors Ltd for the mental harassment caused to us and the quality of work done on the car. But we contacted Customer Care of TML instead. Is it our fault to take this route?
We hope Tata Motors Ltd would do justice with us and arrange for the refund which we are truly entitled for.

Regards,

Sudeep Dantkale

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 15th October 2012 at 18:08. Reason: the part names and part nos. were made bold.
Old 20th October 2012, 19:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Here are further updates--
The CSM replied me on 29-09-2012 at 2:28pm with CC marked to RCCM and Customer Care--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into each of your queries and taking up with Achal Automobiles.
We will update you on the same on 1/10/2012

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
But I did not receive any reply from Tata Motors Ltd till 09-10-2012.

Then on 10-10-2012, CSM called me but I could not receive the call as I was having a bath. Then I called him back to which he replied "Sir, Achal Automobiles have agreed to refund you Fuel Sedimentor and Oil Pump Gasket cost". To which I asked him "What about other unnecessary replaced items?". He said "You talk to the Service Manager at Achal Automobiles".

On 12-10-2012, I went to Achal Automobiles for clarifying the doubts.

When I asked him about the unnecessary replacement of parts, the answers he gave were unconvincing to me.

Also I told him that the Temperature Gauge falls to 40% from Half Mark (50%) on highways. To which he replied "Sir, the Water Jackets are new now. So it is normal () for the Temp gauge to fall a little bit".
I asked him to show this kind of Temp Gauge behaviour in a new car (Showroom) since that car too would have New Water Jackets. (Only Two Smileys allowed per post).
He has agreed to show the same.

I will try it out and post the update.
Old 7th November 2012, 16:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I was busy. so could not update.

I sent the following email to CSM Mr. Suraj Bijahalli and marked CC to Customer Care, RCCM Mr. Soumitra Chakraborty and Chariman TML on 23-10-2012 at 4:12pm--
Quote:
On Dear Sir,
With ref. to our telephonic discussion today at 13:08 Hrs, we have informed you that there is Drop in Coolant Level. We have not checked at what rate there is drop in coolant level. Today we have poured 0.5 Litre of Coolant to bring the level to MAX Mark. There is no visible leakage.

Regarding the Behaviour of Temp. Gauge.
The Temp. Gauge falls down to about 40% from 50% (Half Mark) when the car is driven on highways even though the AC is ON.
This behaviour of Temp. Gauge is new for us. We have driven a number of vehicles whose Temp. Gauge remains at Half Mark irrespective of City Driving or Highways.
Also it should be noted that the Temp. Gauge of our Indigo XL Dicor used to remain at Half Mark since the car was Brand New. This abnormal behaviour of Temp Gauge has arisen since the car has been repaired at Achal Automobiles. The reason quoted by the Service Manager for this fall of Temp. Gauge was "Since the Water Jackets are new, the coolant in the radiator cools rapidly due to air blowing from front".
But as we mentioned above, the Temp. Gauge never fell below Half Mark even when the car had not crossed initial 1000kms (in May 2007). So at that time, were not the Water Jackets new?

As we had already conveyed in one of our previous emails, We are very happy to inform you that we have turned down a prospective Tata Car buyer who happens to be our relative. We have advised him to buy Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon due to Negligent After Sales Service from Tata Motors Ltd.

Also for your kind information, we want to inform you that the Jack Handle was missing from our car. We have purchased a new one from Local Shop. And we had to replace the Front Tyres due to improper handling by the personnel of Achal Automobiles. Since we had not checked these things at the time of delivery, we had not mentioned about these in our previous emails. We regret our fortunes that why did we purchase a Tata Car second time when we got Bad After Sales Service for our previous Indigo LS IDI (May 2004). We have sold our Indigo LS due to this reason. But we could not sell Indigo XL Dicor due to Sea Bottom Resale Value of the same.
The reply I got from CSM on 26-10-2012 at 4:26pm--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,
Thank you for your mail. With reference to our telephonic conversation on 23/10/2012, I have informed you that as per the symptoms mentioned by you, there is no issue in the vehicle. However, we will still ensure the vehicle is checked, and its operation is verified to you at Achal Automobiles today as communicated to you during our telephone conversation today.
Achal Service Manager has also called you to the workshop today to line up for the same.

Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me on the below number for any other issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
Another email I got from CSM on 30-10-2012 at 10:30am--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,

We confirm that you have visted Achal Automobiles on 28/10/2012 , and the symptoms mentioned by you have been explained in detail to you.

Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me on the below number for any other issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Bijjahalli
CSM, Kolhapur
I sent the following email to CSM and CC marked to RCCM, Customer Care, and Chairman on 31-10-2012 at 1:44pm--
Quote:
Dear Sir,
With reference to the trailing email, we took the car to Achal Automobiles on Friday 26th Oct. 2012 evening as suggested by you.
At that time, no coolant leakage was found from under side of the car.
The Oil leaked around the Tappet Cover Bolt was wiped with a cloth in front of us and the car was returned to us suggesting to use the car and keep watch if the leakage returns.

On Saturday 27th Oct. 2012 morning, again we noticed Engine Oil around that Bolt. So we took the car to Achal Automobiles for rectification.
The mechanic removed the bolt and wound "Teflon" Tape around it and applied sealant over it and then fitted back the bolt. We waited for 20-25 minutes to 'dry' the sealant. Then we went on a test drive to check for oil leakage. The Service Advisor Prasad drove the car rashly. During his driving, the Temp. Gauge touched the Half Mark and crossed 1mm past it. The Laptop connected showed around 90-95Deg Temp. on the Temp. Graph. He drove for around 12kms. Also during his driving, the Temp. Gauge did not fall below Half Mark (due to his negligent driving). Then while returning, I took over the Steering and drove sedately. The Temp. gauge fell 2-3 mm below Half Mark during my driving. And the Laptop showed 86Deg Temp. (in the Engine Data section).
After returning to the workshop we opened the bonnet and noticed that the oil leakage was still present. Then happened to be lunch time. So I returned to our office and sent the car through my employee to the Achal Automobiles for rectification of oil leakage. The mechanic removed the bolt and removed the 'old' "Teflon" Tape and wiped the sealant on the bolt. Then he wound fresh "Teflon" Tape (this time a little more tape was wound) on the bolt and fitted the bolt back. No sealant was used this time. Then the mechanic accompanied our employee on test drive. Again the Temp Gauge fell to around 4-5mm below Half Mark when the car was sedately driven. When the car was driven with somewhat heavy foot, the temp. gauge crossed 1mm above Half Mark. Again when the car was driven with light foot, the temp .gauge fell 4-5mm below Half Mark. The mechanic of Achal Automobiles witnessed this behaviour of Temp Gauge.
The Oil leakage has stopped as of now.

But the Works Manager Kuldeep failed to give me correct and satisfactory reason(s) behind the falling of Temp Gauge to around 4-5 mm below Half Mark with light foot and crossing 1mm above Half Mark with heavy foot and that too after the Engine has reached to Optimum Operating Temp..

In all vehicles be it petrol or diesel, the Temp. Gauge should remain at Half Mark at all times as long as the engine is running. If the Temp Gauge is not being constant at Half Mark, it means that the Engine is not operating at Optimum Temp. during that time and might be consuming more fuel and emitting more pollutants since engine is not operating at the optimum temp.

We request you to advise Achal Automobiles to give correct and concrete reasons behind this "Abnormal" Behaviour of Temp. Gauge in our car and rectify the problem immediately.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 7th November 2012 at 16:10.
Old 7th November 2012, 17:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

I got reply from CSM the same day at 5:31pm--
Quote:
As per our concall with Achal Service Manager Mr Kuldeep Mutkekar today, we are once again informing you that temperatures recorded on your vehicle are normal and that there is no issue in the vehicle.

Request you to please call Mr Kuldeep to visit Achal for any service concerns.
I shot back a reply as below to CSM and marked CC to Customer Care, RCCM, Chairman at 9:26pm--
Quote:
With reference to our trailing email and the telephonic discussions we had today evening, I have only one issue with the car -- Why does the Temp. Gauge keep varying even though the Engine is running (not turned off)?

Also it is not normal that the Engine Temp keeps varying from 82 to 95 Deg even when the engine is not turned off in between.
I agree that the engine is not overheating but the temp. gauge should not vary unless and until the engine is turned off.

The Engine Temp. variation indicates some abnormality. We own Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta (ABS), Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS). But none of them show abnormal Temp. Gauge behaviour unlike our Indigo XL Grand Dicor.

If you notice neatly above three vehicles are Common Rail Diesel Engines (I20- CRDi, Xylo- CRDe, Indigo- DiCOR). Then why the Temp. gauge of i20 and Xylo remains constant at Half Mark once their engines reach normal operating temp. and does not vary unlike Indigo Dicor's even if the i20 and Xylo are run on highways.

If Tata Motors Ltd could not rectify this problem, they should not boast of their Highly Trained Authorised Service Centers.

The Sales of Tata Motors Ltd Cars are falling due to above mentioned reasons. The Cars of Tata Motors Ltd boast of Technology
but their After Sales Service Centres are not ready for those cars yet.

Also the Achal Service Manager Mr. Kuldeep Mutkekar has agreed to show identical Temp Gauge behaviour in another vehicle to prove our car does not have any Temp Gauge issue.

I request you to take the necessary action as above at the earliest.
I forwarded the above email again on 2-11-2012 at 9:43pm to CSM and marked CC to other three.

I sent below email to Chairman and marked CC to other three on 6-11-2012 at 12:46pm
Quote:
Dear Sir,
The reason behind forwarding this email to you is that we are not getting necessary feedback from the CSM Mr. Suraj Bijahalli.
Please go through the trailing emails for complete details.

Today I had to Top-up the Coolant by 250-300ml again.
As I already mentioned that the Tata Authorised Service Centers are not ready for their Advanced Technology equipped Cars. Hence despite using the car very carefully, the Coolant level is dropping every now and then. Today I am going to replace the Coolant with new one and see if the Coolant level drops or not and also the Temp. Gauge behaviour improves or not.

And while the Clutch Plate-Pressure Plate were replaced at Achal Automobiles, the Shifter Oil Seal has not been replaced. Due to this, the gearbox oil is leaking.
From our past experiences we have learned that he TASC carries out only those works which can yield them profit.

For example- The Clutch Plates were replaced without intimating us leave alone our approval for same. When I asked the Service Advisor Prasad why were the Gear Lever Bushes not replaced since the Gear Lever had too much play in it. He unashamedly replied "There is no need to change the bushes. You can shift the Gears without replacing the Bushes. Why do you want to waste money on this?" I knew that the gears can be shifted without replacing the bushes but I wanted the bushes replaced due to the play present in the Gear Lever. But the TASC did not replace the same till the end.

With ref. to our previous emails, also the refund against replacement of unnecessary spare parts has not been handed over to us yet. The refund amounts to more than Rs.12,000/-.

We should have bought Hyundai Verna or Mahindra-Renault Logan in 2007 instead of Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor. We are regretting our decision.
In future, if we desire to replace our Indigo XL Grand Dicor with a new car, we would go ahead and buy Mahindra Verito due to Better-than-Tata-Motors After Sales Service of Mahindra.
I got reply from CSM as below same day at 3:07pm--
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,

Thank you for your mail. Please note that after our concall with Achal Service Manager Mr Kuldeep Mutkekar on 31/10/2012 , you had agreed to visit Achal Automobiles so that vehicle performance could be explained to you.

The Service Manager has attempted to call you on 5/11/2012, but call was not received.Request you once again to visit Achal Automobiles as discussed.

You will receive a refund for the fuel sedimentor and oil pump gasket as informed to you earlier latest by 8/11/2012.

Please feel free to call on the below number for any issues.
The Website of TML mentions that 10% Labour Charges would be waived off if the car remains at TASC for more duration than the promised delivery time.

But I did not get this benefit even after informing Chairman TML.
Old 7th November 2012, 19:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Is it just Achal motors who is brushing things under the carpet or is even TML involved in this mess up? The whole mail cycles seems really horrific and the way achal motors is showing lethargy in doing a job completely.

Well, if they had forgotten to do smaller things like filling A/C gas, I guess, as a normal human being you would accept it, if they apologize for oversight and do the filling for you, isn't it?

I do accept that with lots of vehicles in for service, it could become a serious headache and overload for the service team to track and complete every task. (Its altogether a different issue that then why is there something called as "Service manual", job card and so on!). How hard is it to just accept the fault and ask for apology and do the job correctly and completely the next time?

If this continues, they might even forget to fill the coolant and still you charge you for the same and yet say you were at fault if something wrong happens!

Do keep us updated on the status and wishing your car a speedy recovery!

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 7th November 2012 at 19:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks