Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 13:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

Called up Rama Motors, Okhla, New Delhi and they said the kits will come next week. I have a Punto 1.4. They said it'll take 4 hours to do the needful.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:24   #47
BHPian

Are they upgrading kits on 1.3MJD as well?
My car is an year old.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Your engine stalls and you are still driving around. Great we need more people like you to drive our economy forward. Engine stalls frequently, ultimately seizes, owner buys new car and repeats above boosts manufacturing growth numbers to a new high.
I don't quite find the relationship between the engine stalling and our economy going forward amusing but in the past I have taken the car to KHT Motors to show the problem but during the test drive with a Service Advisor it didn't happen so he was not able to locate the issue. Now, I have a picture of the MID showing the problem so they won't be able to deny there's a problem at least. I have already spoken to Tata Motors regarding this and they have affirmed that in case anything happens to the engine they will replace it - remember 50 months warranty the Linea comes with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, are doing this AC kit upgradation. You can call them, check if your Linea is covered for the upgradation by giving its VIN, fix up appointment and get it done.
Thanks. I called them and my VIN is covered for the upgrade but Concorde asked if I had purchased the car from them and upon telling that I bought it from KHT, they advised me to go to KHT Motors and I am going to KHT Motors on Saturday, 12th Feb.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:03   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Hi Hemanth, which service station in Bangalore is doing this? I have a Jul 2010 Linea E+ Petrol and I have repeatedly told KHT Motors regarding the AC issue and every time they tell me it's fine and there's nothing that I am able to do. Please let me know if it is KHT Motors, Prerna or Concorde?

During my last service, I had complained about AC performance especially at the back seat as rear seat blower air flow is very less. Besides my engine often stalls and MID gives a message "Insufficient Engine Pressure, Switch Off the Engine" and when this happens Temperature Guage moves to top position and Red Warning Light comes on.
@ vivekshukla, 'm getting this done in Dairy circle concorde.
I had AC issues when i bought my car...I had been complaining since day1 but it was only resolved during the 3k service.
Presently it is ok, but now that they are replacing, I am not sure if the present AC performance is the best or not. Anyways I'm getting it replaced this coming weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Are they upgrading kits on 1.3MJD as well?
My car is an year old.
Replacements are only for 1.2 and 1.4 petrol versions of linea and punto.
I asked teh reason and i got an answer that they have recieved lot of complaints only form petrol owners and hence they are replacing only for petrol cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Called up Rama Motors, Okhla, New Delhi and they said the kits will come next week. I have a Punto 1.4. They said it'll take 4 hours to do the needful.
4 hours! that's really fast. My dealer told it might take 1 day or 2 days.
Friday they are picking my car from the office and If i'm lucky i'll get it in the evening or else I'll pick it up on saturday. Half the weekend gone :(

I'll post the experience and the change in performance after everything is complete.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:05   #50
BHPian

Hey Hemanth,
I have taken an appointment for this Saturday too. Will be going there around 8:30 - 9am to drop the car.

Hope to see you there, my car can be spotted with the Stickers on it

Last edited by Zenster : 7th February 2011 at 13:07.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:53   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Good. Hope to meet you there. Lets have a 2 member TBHP meet
My car has a transparent TBHP sticker belor the rear high mounted Brake light. Lets see if we can spot each other's cars
Old 7th February 2011, 14:26   #52
BHPian

I gave it for retrofitting the AC kit, they said it will take 2 days, as the front assembly bumper and existing condenser, pipes have to be removed. But still 2 days is a lot I felt, but nevertheless I thought of giving it. I also had a problem with a squeaky noise coming from the left rear suspension. So for these two issues I had to give it today.

As per Service guys, AC retrofitting is for Linea & Punto Petrol variants, will decrease load on engine, more effective AC and better mileage. Don't know what all to infer from those statements from them. Well we will have to wait and watch.
Old 7th February 2011, 14:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I gave it for retrofitting the AC kit, they said it will take 2 days, as the front assembly bumper and existing condenser, pipes have to be removed. But still 2 days is a lot I felt, but nevertheless I thought of giving it. I also had a problem with a squeaky noise coming from the left rear suspension. So for these two issues I had to give it today.

As per Service guys, AC retrofitting is for Linea & Punto Petrol variants, will decrease load on engine, more effective AC and better mileage. Don't know what all to infer from those statements from them. Well we will have to wait and watch.
Thanks for the info Samsan02. I hope what he says is all true, we'll wait and find out soon.

About the squeaky suspension noise i get it too, but from the Right side right behind the driver. So will get that checked too.

So i guess I better not make plans for the whole weekend :(
Old 7th February 2011, 15:03   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Zenster,
Call them and ask for an appointment on friday.
First I had taken the appointment on saturday.
Now i have rescheduled it and asked them to pickup my vehicle from office on Friday morning itself.
The reason i changesd it to friday is...
If it takes two days, I can get it on saturday itself.
If I give it on saturday, The vehicle will only be ready on Monday afternoon.
Sunday is a holiday for the workshop...only showroom open on sunday
The car will lie in their workshop on sunday

I would suggest you to take the appointment on friday.
Or else three days without the vehicle might be a problem.

@samsan02,
did he say more mileage & less load on the engine!
If the AC is less stressful on the engine, a small power boost should be visible...Eagerly looking forward to this.
I asked them why it takes so long and he answered taht they have to replace all the parts and removing and assembling back itself will take time.
Old 7th February 2011, 15:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
@ Zenster,
Call them and ask for an appointment on friday.
First I had taken the appointment on saturday.
Now i have rescheduled it and asked them to pickup my vehicle from office on Friday morning itself.
The reason i changesd it to friday is...
If it takes two days, I can get it on saturday itself.
If I give it on saturday, The vehicle will only be ready on Monday afternoon.
Sunday is a holiday for the workshop...only showroom open on sunday
The car will lie in their workshop on sunday

I would suggest you to take the appointment on friday.
Or else three days without the vehicle might be a problem.
Good Point there Hemanth. Called and there were no slots available on Friday so postponed to next week. Atleast weekend will not be an issue.

Now waiting eagerly for updates from you and Samsan02, on the after-effects of the change.
Old 7th February 2011, 15:59   #56
BHPian

I had asked about it in Nov during my 2nd service then they had told they have no info on AC kit retrofitting, later I went once for the squeaky rear suspension just to figure out from where its actually coming then I came to know about the AC replacement, but since its winter never bothered for its urgency. Later last saturday went again for the squeaky noise, thought will do it this time, they advised not to leave the vehicle on saturday as sunday is off and asked me to get it again on Monday.

Will update you guys once I get it back.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:08   #57
BHPian

my punto 1.2 is also a sept 10 one & im also leavin my car for the first service this 19th at Mys road concorde. they have told me that the AC kit retrofitting will be done on the same day & will take 3 hours .

As samsan says , Hope it decreases the load on the engine & improves performance . as AC is real bad at this moment in my car.
Guys at what levels do you usually keep the AC . I always keep it in 1 .
Also today afternoon i was driving back from Mysore to bangalore & it was mid noon . The AC was so ineffective also i had a strange experience. Pls confirm if its normal or unusual
at a speed of 80~100 with AC on at level 1. I was feeling a slight viberation of the steering wheel & the pedals . However when i tried with the AC off it was not
Did you guys feel it too

Last edited by motor spirit : 7th February 2011 at 18:09.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
at a speed of 80~100 with AC on at level 1. I was feeling a slight viberation of the steering wheel & the pedals . However when i tried with the AC off it was not
Did you guys feel it too
This is weird. There is no such issue on my colleagues Grande Punto 1.2 Active. Do get it checked.

My colleagues Fiat has gone in for the Air Conditioning up grade at KHT. Will post the results once the car comes back. The car has light tints and still suffers from cooling in current Bangalore noon temperatures. It do agree its already quite warm for this time of the year.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:41   #59

Quote:
I don't quite find the relationship between the engine stalling and our economy going forward amusing but in the past I have taken the car to KHT Motors to show the problem but during the test drive with a Service Advisor it didn't happen so he was not able to locate the issue. Now, I have a picture of the MID showing the problem so they won't be able to deny there's a problem at least. I have already spoken to Tata Motors regarding this and they have affirmed that in case anything happens to the engine they will replace it - remember 50 months warranty the Linea comes with.

Thanks. I called them and my VIN is covered for the upgrade but Concorde asked if I had purchased the car from them and upon telling that I bought it from KHT, they advised me to go to KHT Motors and I am going to KHT Motors on Saturday, 12th Feb.
Vivek, I had the same problem in my car, indeed it is very scary particularly when you are driving very fast and suddenly you feel a big jerk. For this problem, first I went to Concord Motors Dairy circle. They kept my car for two days and returned me back by saying that your car doesn't have any problem. While retuning back from service station itself again it appeared. Then I went to Prerna Motors, Hosur road. Although the problem didn't come up during the test drive with a Service Advisor, but they told me that it could be a problem with one of the ECUs related to heat sensors and they will replace it under the warranty. After that they got the wrong ECU twice. Finally after almost 1.5 months they got the right ECU from FIAT guys. After the replacement car is working fine.

I have also heard that now whole ECU replacement is not required for this problem, so insist your Service advisor to change or upgrade the ECU. AS per my knowledge FIAT had sent a circular regarding this problem to all FIAT service centers in India...
Old 7th February 2011, 23:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it was intended to be anything but that. Anyhow, it is good to note that the OEM is aware. Having had some experience with warranty related issues myself, I trust that the assurance is in writing from the manufacturer. Maybe I am stretching this but what is stopping them from rectifying/replacing the engine as of right now. The fact that the engine can (and does) stall at any given point of time on any road at any speed calls for immediate action on their part. What else is it that they think should happen to spur them into action. I just hope that it all works out well for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks