Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 10:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

I have called up KHT motors and got an appointment fixed for tommorow. They have said that it will take 2 days for it. Hope they don't take up more time that that as I will be travelling on Saturday. I think they have only one part in stock and i will be getting it .

Edit: I just called them up again to ask if i could take the car today itself and was told that there was a waiting list of 5 cars, so i have to postpone my appointment :( .

Last edited by Newpunter : 8th February 2011 at 11:07.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:37   #62
BHPian

Got the AC retrofitted and the change I feel is increased fan speed and a slightly faster cooling, yet to check its affect on mileage thou. But overall AC felt much better now than it was earlier. Earlier it use to take some time before you can feel the chill but now its faster for sure at the same fan speed bar levels. But of course will have to wait and watch before drawing conclusions.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:50   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I was waiting for this post eagerly.

@Samsan02, How long did they actually take?
Mine is going on friday morning...What are my chances of getting it back on friday evening?
Old 9th February 2011, 12:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I was waiting for this post eagerly.

@Samsan02, How long did they actually take?
Mine is going on friday morning...What are my chances of getting it back on friday evening?
Not sure exactly, I had two issues to sort out so i took it at 9:30 a.m on monday and got it tuesday evening at 6 p.m, but AC retrofit they say upfront that they require two days. So i doubt if you can get it on friday itself may be try for saturday afternoon if you can.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Called up Rama Motors, Okhla, New Delhi and they said the kits will come next week. I have a Punto 1.4. They said it'll take 4 hours to do the needful.
Let me also know when you get the update because after reading about the upgrade the AC feels like like a slouch already .
Need to get mine done too. mine is a Linea 1.4 emotion
Old 9th February 2011, 13:14   #66
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yesterday, I contacted Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, for booking a slot for my Linea's AC upgradation. I was told only Friday's slot was available and it would take two days. I said, no thanks. Then, I called Concorde Motors, Mysore Road. I was told that if I bring my Linea on Friday morning, I would get it back by 4 PM on the same day for AC upgradation+washing. Then, I booked the Friday morning slot there.

Old 9th February 2011, 14:40   #67
BANNED

I called ABS Motors, Gurgoan and was told it take around 3 hours.
As it is my car is due for service around 1st week of March so I am waiting for the time.
One thing I will need to tell them in advance to keep one unit for me.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:35   #68
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I booked the Friday morning slot there.
Just now, I received a telephone call from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, informing me that AC upgradation kit for Linea 1.4 got exhausted and they would inform me as soon as they get it by next week. So, my Linea won't be going there tomorrow. I am happy that Concorde Motors was courteous enough to inform me in advance.

Old 11th February 2011, 09:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Update : Colleagues Grande Punto 1.2 Active returns from KHT but results are just about okay. The folks at KHT said the parts change are in the range of Rs. 20000. I don't really know what all has changed. The only thing that looked brand new was the radiator/condenser fan and they also seemed to have re sealed all the radiator hoses running from the coolant tank. No idea why this was done.

The car was tested for cooling effectiveness at around 1pm and it is quite warm in Bangalore right now. The grille temperature was way lower than what it used to be and the air coming out of it was actually chill, it was not before the upgrade. Rear passenger said that change can be felt. I can't say the same for the front passengers, it was just about OK even after a 15km drive. Cooling is better & I do suggest everyone to go in for the upgrade. Previously; you would be sweating in the car. The car still takes time to cool & I blame the cooling problem due to the size of the wind screen. The 15km drive took a good half an hour.

Going off track; this car is nearing the 12000km mark & I must say that the performance is simply brilliant from the 1.2L engine. There is still a dead spot in 2nd gear but its a lot better now. The engine responds very well. Refinement is superb and Fiat have really cracked it with this engine. The gear box is the only area on this car that needs improvement. Its alright to use but not so for spirited driving. This is a car that seems to get better as it gets older. Efficiency at 11.5Kmpl & this is after some hard driving.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:52   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just now, I received a telephone call from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, informing me that AC upgradation kit for Linea 1.4 got exhausted and they would inform me as soon as they get it by next week. So, my Linea won't be going there tomorrow. I am happy that Concorde Motors was courteous enough to inform me in advance.
This might be because of one reason which my sales executve had told me atleast 100 times.
He has told me that the Concorde Dairy circle is like the headquarters of Concorde Bangalore.
He told me that all the spares first comes to concorde dairy circle and then gets distributed to other concordes across the city.
So this implies that if a spare is short of supply, it will be most probably unavailable in all concordes in the city.
But the chances of short supply will be less in concorde dairy circle.

I don't know how far his point is correct.

My car was picked up from my home today at 9AM for the replacement when I was at the aero india show. The service advisor has told me that he'll give me the car tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:37   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I was asked to come at 6:00 pm SHARP on saturday and it was so sharp that I got the vehicle from the service station at 7:15PM.
Nothing surprising...a usual thing with any service station.

Along with the AC replacement I had told the service executive that the vehicle is slightly pulling towards right due to the correction of my earlier complaint of the vehicle pulling left.
I had also told him to fit the mudflap which had fallen off a few days back.
Also painting white colour for the reverse sensors was a point.

Solutions:
1. Painting...not available. He told he'll give me a call when the BNW colour is available.
He asked me to get the whole bumper paited because a colour difference might be seen. I insisted only on the sensors to be painted.
I asked him a question...if I get the bumper painted,won't there be a difference between the bumper and the boot door and other parts?
The sensors are much smaller to feel the difference than the whole bumper.
he agreed when he didn't have any answer

2. Mudflaps fitted

3. He made a tyre rotation and now VEHICLE IS PULLING SHARPLY TO THE LEFT

4. Now the main point...AC is replaced and the actual cost would've been 10k +.
Attached below is the bill copy.
Since this is a company replacement (Goodwill gesture as they puti it), bill amount is 0.00
I found the AC faster than the earlier one. I fount a visible difference.
Also During running, when i used to switch on the AC, there used to be a power difference...no I'm not able to find that.
Overall...Good work FIAT
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned-ac.jpg  

Old 13th February 2011, 13:58   #72
BHPian

we stay close by hemanth. where did u get your AC retrofit done? concorde Mys road ?
I have my slot for next week there: 19th

Last edited by motor spirit : 13th February 2011 at 13:59.
Old 13th February 2011, 20:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

The new Grande Puntos, are they coming with the new air conditioners or the old ones. A friend has booked a MJD Emotion pack in Azure Fox Trot. The car will be manufactured at the factory in the coming week and he will get delivery in the week starting the 21st of the month. How do we check whether the auto air con that is standard on the variant has the new components or the old ones.
Old 13th February 2011, 20:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The new Grande Puntos, are they coming with the new air conditioners or the old ones. A friend has booked a MJD Emotion pack in Azure Fox Trot. The car will be manufactured at the factory in the coming week and he will get delivery in the week starting the 21st of the month. How do we check whether the auto air con that is standard on the variant has the new components or the old ones.
AFAIK these upgrades are only for the Petrol Variants. The old MJDs are not under the scanner for now, hence I think realistically, the new MJD will also have the same old setup.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:17   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
we stay close by hemanth. where did u get your AC retrofit done? concorde Mys road ?
I have my slot for next week there: 19th
I got it done at dairy circle. Both are 8 kms from my home.
So since I bought my car from dairy circle, I got it done there.
Please tell me about your experience at mysore road, If good, I'll give it a try next time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks