Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 18:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Please have a read : http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question20.htm

PS: I remember going through a thread on the same topic on our forum. But I'm unable to locate the thread at the moment

Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:25   #47
BHPian

Re: How to reduce the glare on the ORVMs

You need to adjust the angles of the OVRMs and of course get used to the new angle.

My OVRMs are adjusted as follows and no issues so far.

Right side (driver) - They are angled outward such that I can barely see the right tail end of my car. It is then kept slightly angled upward (just a wee bit). This provides maximum road view of the right side and the blind area is reduced a lot by this approach.

Left side - The OVRM is adjusted such that I see more of the car body. Angled slightly downward. This gives you a good view of how close your car and the guy who is overtaking you from the left is. Good for close combat traffic ops :-)
kutts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 12:25   #48

Re: How to reduce the glare on the ORVMs

Hi friends,

The RVM in my Eon reflects an unusually high amount of glare from trailing headlights - it almost has a blinding effect on the highways if the car behind is on high beam. (the mirror in a friend's Eon, a higher variant, surprisingly does not have so much glare as mine).

If I wanted to stick up an anti-glare coating on the RVM, are there any special films made especially for mirrors or will a film made for windows/windshield do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks