Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 21:39   #16
BHPian

re: Small Details about Jazz

Yes, the ride in the back is a bit hard because of the stiff suspension at the rear. Don't know if anything can be done about it.

However this turns out to be useful while driving at high speeds on the highways and you want to take curves at high speeds.

If you go fast over a hump, the front suspension seems to be a bit soft and you can hear a thump, something hitting the hump. This doesn't happen if you go over it slowly.

I also use normal petrol for my Jazz.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is uncomfortable. 2 point lower PSI might help a bit but not much though. I am not sure if the suspension has settings but check if that is possible.
Old 7th January 2011, 19:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Recently had a longish ride in a Jazz belonging to a friend. (riding shotgun)

First thing I noticed was that you cannot put your feet back beyond a certain position otherwise you hit the metal panel under the seat. The culprit is the 'under front seat' fuel tank. Same issue I noticed with the ANHC as well....no way you can tuck your feet under the seat.

This was annoying for me as I like to sit 'feet back' position rather than ''feet forward'.
Old 10th January 2011, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Honda Jazz has Engine codes to troubleshoot. They store events and using some kind of Honda testing device, the reason could be traced.

SRS Troubleshooting

Not sure if this is common across all cars, but it was new to me and hence shared.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Today I had to use a/c in the noon. It smelled of foul water. What is the reason for this?
Old 18th January 2011, 11:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Good thread.

I have a question re. Jazz Suspension, I have noticed it is a bit hard in the rear seat. While driving slowly over potholes/bumps does reduce the impact, it is still a bit uncomfortable for people in the rear seat. Any thoughts on how to fix this? My cousin who owned a 2008 Honda Fit in the US, complained about a bumpy ride & returned it. So I was wondering if this issue was fixed? If not, is there something we can do to fix it?
The facelifted version of Jazz (refer to the other thread) would have some tweaks on the suspension front as well, as per reports.
I know this won't help you with your car, but it seems that Honda has taken feedback from owners like you and worked on an improvement.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
as long as the key is in the hole even though not in ignition position.

You cannot have auto central locking by default since the jazz has a simple system where a remote is used to only lock and unlock doors.

Boot lamp can be fixed at the dealership itself since the Jazz x has it. costs might be high though.

Same goes for USB too but you will have to wait for sometime.

I dont know about maplights.
Hey, I tried removing the key and pulling up my windows and amazingly it worked. Awesome. I love this.
Old 20th January 2011, 21:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

the Istrumentation button can be used to adjust display brightness on the instrumentation. Turn the button clockwise or anticlockwise when the lights are on.
Old 20th February 2011, 18:07   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Jazz comes with rear a/c vents. So in summers, instead of blasting chilled air on the faces of front passengers, the rear vents will help in uniform cooling.
are you sure? where are these vents? i have a '09 model, are these available on that?
secondly, i used to take the power window closure within 45 secs for granted, never knew this was a novel feature, glad to know that it is
also, i didn't know about the panel dimming feature as well as the 'album changing feature' till i read this thread, thank you
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

You will find the vents under the front Driver and Passenger seats.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:50   #26
BHPian

My rear wiper's bottom case is missing and I have a hard time getting it from Honda. Also, I see that Hyundai i10 has same kind of wiper. Wonder if it will be easy to source it form Hyundai and probably cheap
The jazz inner door lever too looks similar to that of a Swift. Wonder they are share a common vendor.
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Now that's a revelation. Need to check. Can save us Jazz owners loads of money.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:02   #28
BHPian

You can use channel button in the steering wheel to tune radio. Found this today. Keep pressing the button to tune it.

Last edited by snorting bull : 11th April 2011 at 11:02. Reason: added comment
Old 11th April 2011, 21:25   #29
BHPian

Excellent thread for all of us Jazz owners. I'd also like to add a few things for the benefit of all.
The window power button works after removing the key ( for 45 secs as noted above ) as long as you don't open the doors. The driver side window has a pinch guard and retracts of you happen to have your hand in its way while the window is closing. The rear AC vent are under the seats and air flows through them when your blower control position is in the dual blow mode - front and feet.
Retro fitting the boot lamp is very expensive inspite of provision for it, as it requires change of wiring. I checked this up with the dealer. So you can do what I have done. Stick on a LED stick on touch lamp. This uses three AAA size cells - no tampering of the wiring and requires a slight pressure to switch on. Of course this has to be done manually and is not controlled by opening of the rear door.The cells though last for a very long time.

Last edited by amit162 : 11th April 2011 at 21:27. Reason: addition
Old 11th April 2011, 21:57   #30
BHPian

Today i fitted boot lamp, though not from the Honda dealer.it is connected to the main door wiring,but only when one opens the boot,the light gets on.it cost Rs 800/- (would i lose the warranty?)
Have you guys done any alterations in your jazz.I have done 16" alloy,morongonii tyres,and today after 15 months of ownership,stanley leather seats.If only Jazz had height adjustment driver seat.I know this post is out of context of this topic,please excuse.

Most Viewed