Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 14:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Small Details about Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I called up the person in charge of accessory department at Landmark Honda and asked him about it. He was not aware of any such USB accessory. I hope they launch it soon...
Same here, the dealership and Honda India Call centre said they can't offer any accessory for the USB port. Please keep us posted on it - the cost, how does it look, how to install it with pics and all.

Also, I enquired about the boot lamp and I got the same answer 'not possible sir'. If anyone has found a solution for it, please let us know
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 14:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Same here, the dealership and Honda India Call centre said they can't offer any accessory for the USB port. Please keep us posted on it - the cost, how does it look, how to install it with pics and all.

Also, I enquired about the boot lamp and I got the same answer 'not possible sir'. If anyone has found a solution for it, please let us know
IIRC, somebody had done a workaround using a small LED lamp strip and a small magnet (refridgerator type). I dont remember who it was (adi; dont kill me if it was you!), but it seems cool to have a small light source that we can move around than to have a fixed boot lamp.

I havent had the time to source the LED lamps, but I am sure I will do this instead of getting a boot lamp.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
IIRC, somebody had done a workaround using a small LED lamp strip and a small magnet (refridgerator type). I dont remember who it was (adi; dont kill me if it was you!), but it seems cool to have a small light source that we can move around than to have a fixed boot lamp.

I havent had the time to source the LED lamps, but I am sure I will do this instead of getting a boot lamp.
It was not me
Even I have seen the post...it looked cool no doubt. I guess we should check it out once more.
Old 9th July 2011, 11:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone post the power and torque curve for Jazz 1.2 IVtec? I have been googling for some time but no luck so far.
All manufacturers should publish this information.
Old 9th July 2011, 11:33   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Can anyone post the power and torque curve for Jazz 1.2 IVtec? I have been googling for some time but no luck so far.
All manufacturers should publish this information.
I have tried to look this up even for the Civic but without luck. While most manufacturers include the power/torque curves in the brochure (even Maruti does that), Honda wants to be different. Trying to cover up the low-end torque stats??

My feeling is the power/torque curve for Jazz will be somewhat similar to the petrol Swift. The Swift has slightly higher peak torque and it also kicks in a bit earlier than the Jazz (113N-m@4500 for Swift, 110N-m@4800 for Jazz).

Last edited by fuel_addict : 9th July 2011 at 11:36.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys; a question about the Jazz. It does not have the setting for auto locking the doors after reaching a certain speed (at least as default)
Is there any way we can activate this? Or get it installed in the aftermarket?
Old 18th July 2011, 15:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
The dealerships have ordered and would be getting the USB. From what I understand, it should take another 15 days
This guy at the accessories continues to say the USB is in back order. Said he will intimate me once he gets the product. I was a bit excited, sorry folks. I hope to get a positive news from him. I continue to believe what he said might be true, after all the happenings of slashing prices etc. for Jazz. Perhaps Honda decided to offer USB for all versions as accessories. Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Quote:
Guys; a question about the Jazz. It does not have the setting for auto locking the doors after reaching a certain speed (at least as default)
Is there any way we can activate this? Or get it installed in the aftermarket?
WHen I checked with Capital Honda, they said, its not possible. Also, he warned that any working with the wirings will lead to backfiring like lock not working properly etc.
1) I am not sure if this is possible
2) Even if this is possible, be really really sure it works with someone else, before its tried for you.

Last edited by snorting bull : 18th July 2011 at 15:59.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:58   #68
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the small compartment in the boot (right side)? I have always been wondering what is the point of that compartment in the boot. It doesn't have a plug point, so why? Also, I really miss the absence of a light in the boot. At night, you cant see a thing when unloading stuff from the boot.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:35   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Has anyone noticed the small compartment in the boot (right side)? I have always been wondering what is the point of that compartment in the boot. It doesn't have a plug point, so why? Also, I really miss the absence of a light in the boot. At night, you cant see a thing when unloading stuff from the boot.
Completely agree with you! Why couldn't they spend a little more money and put a light in the trunk? Beats me..
Old 4th August 2011, 19:02   #70
BHPian

You get warning beeps if you drive with your hand brakes on.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
You get warning beeps if you drive with your hand brakes on.
and if you:
- drive without the seatbelt on
- take the keys out and leave the headlights on

Any idea about the autolock based on speed?
Old 15th August 2011, 20:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
and if you:
Any idea about the autolock based on speed?
This is missing from Jazz as far as i know.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:18   #73
BHPian

I was cribbing about this earlier too. But now got used to it. My hand automatically closes the knob after I start.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:45   #74
BHPian

I am due for 1st year insurance renewal in sept? What do we jazz owners consider as price? I don't want to pay more insurance for a car worth 4 - 4.5 L. Thoughts?
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:34   #75
BHPian

Guys, any updates about USB connectivity on old models?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks