Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 11:37   #31
BHPian

re: Small Details about Jazz

Ramesh thanks a lot for the information. Can you send us some pics and more details - like where did the boot light fit inside ? Where exactly was the wiring tapped? The alteration cost was pretty reasonable. Though as far as the warranty bit is concerned I have seen a lot of Hondas fitted with rear parking sensors from outside market so probably it shouldn't be of much concern. But then the ball is in the cos. court alright.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:06   #32
BHPian

Re: Small Details about Jazz

wiring was done to the main door.
Attached Thumbnails
Small Details about Jazz-dsc06176.jpg  

Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 10:14   #33
BHPian

Does anyone know if petrol consumption is accounted for in the mileage thats shown in the dashboard. I generally see a difference of around.75 to 1 km difference than the original. May be if we turn off the A/C and check mileage, it should be matching with the reading. If anyone has checked it, let me know if there is any difference.
Old 30th April 2011, 10:03   #34
BHPian

For the past 2 days I have been driving mostly on 5th gear. The best part is that I am able to drive from 20 Kmph on this gear. I prefer fuel efficiency over power within city. Its giving me so far 15 Kms on record. Would be good if others share have the same experience.
Old 30th April 2011, 11:33   #35
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
For the past 2 days I have been driving mostly on 5th gear. The best part is that I am able to drive from 20 Kmph on this gear. I prefer fuel efficiency over power within city. Its giving me so far 15 Kms on record. Would be good if others share have the same experience.
I do not think FE is about being in a higher gear always - it is about using the right gear. And 5th gear is certainly not the correct gear to be in when driving at 20kmph. It may not matter if you are on a (downward) slope, or the momentum of the car is carrying itself forward, but if you want the engine to pull, 2nd (occasionally the 3rd might do too) gear is the one to be used. Of course there would be exceptions, like when rapidly accelerating, you might be in gear 1, or when decelerating you might be in a higher gear like 4 or 5.
Old 30th April 2011, 11:49   #36
BHPian

What you say is true. I tried this based on a recommendation that I read in manual( ?? If I remember it right... its manual) that you have to ride at a highest gear as much as possible.
But in traffic, where in you tend to come to 20 and move up again, I felt its easier to drive in 5th gear, instead of down-shifting and getting back all way up again. Of course, if you are driving in continuously in 20, well 5th gear doesn't make sense. I was just talking about a very short duration where-in you come down and have to move up, and you aren't worried about pick up.
Old 6th May 2011, 15:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

I changed the rear wiper blade during the 25K servicing. Honda charged something to the tune of 400 rs.

Also, I wanted them to only shampoo the door pads, but they said I will be charged around 2200 rs. as the interior detailing comes as a package. Is this normal?
The dashboard was recently polished, and I installed new seat covers so thought it was a bit unreasonable. I hope I can get the doorpads shampooed somewhere else at a reasonable cost?

Last edited by selfdrive : 6th May 2011 at 15:44.
Old 8th May 2011, 23:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Update: There is space between rear seats and boot area to tuck away unused seat belts so they do not cause inconvenience.
Old 24th May 2011, 23:12   #39
BHPian

i dont know if this qualifies as a novel feature but i observed the following today:-
if you accidentally depress the 'open' button on your key, the door locks itself within 30 seconds(provided you do not open the doors). However, the same does not happen if you open the doors and then shut them.
Old 30th May 2011, 09:49   #40
BHPian

Good news to all those folks who want official USB connection from honda. I had been to Capital Honda Chennai and they said the Honda folks are planning to officially show a demo of wiring the USB into old Jazzes in a months time. We'll all get USB. Great news atleast for me to rejoice.

(from my mob-tbhp, excuse any typo)

Last edited by snorting bull : 30th May 2011 at 09:51.
Old 30th May 2011, 18:17   #41
BHPian

Great news. Will it be a free retrofit like TATA Nano upgrade or do we pay for it?
Old 30th May 2011, 18:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

My Jazz came with a boot light from factory. I just noticed it last week.
Old 30th May 2011, 20:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162
Great news. Will it be a free retrofit like TATA Nano upgrade or do we pay for it?
Will keep this thread posted as I hear anything. Have set a calendar reminder for myself
Old 30th May 2011, 20:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Good news to all those folks who want official USB connection from honda. I had been to Capital Honda Chennai and they said the Honda folks are planning to officially show a demo of wiring the USB into old Jazzes in a months time. We'll all get USB. Great news atleast for me to rejoice.

(from my mob-tbhp, excuse any typo)
I have been using a regular aux cable to connect my mobile or psp to the car stereo.
If one forgets to lock the car door while leaving,the door locks automatically in few min. Is this a common feature in all cars?
Old 31st May 2011, 10:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
My Jazz came with a boot light from factory. I just noticed it last week.
Hey, where ?
Mine is a Nov'2010 Jazz.

Can you upload a snap please ?

cheers
lazy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks