Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 16:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Frankly speaking I am not very sure whether they really do any good to your engine. I have run the Indica now well over 5k. I tried some 5-6 consecutive fills with BP HiSpeed Diesel. I did not notice any difference. Yes, there was no adverse effect but no perceptible benefit as such either. Average also remained more or less the same.

After talking to a few people in the industry I now firmly believe that if you know a good pump where the fuel is of good quality then it does not matter even if you go for the regular diesel.
Old 13th January 2006, 03:41   #17
BHPian

I use speed diesal on my marina TDI and its defintely more smooth and peppy then regular diesal.

I have no complaints and happy with Speed !
Old 27th June 2006, 11:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Arent these branded diesels nothing more than regular diesel with additives?

Mercedes strictly prohibits using any premium diesels, and insists that regular liquid is just fine.

I use High Speed diesel in my Jeep only because its an old engine and could use the additives. Plus, I hope that there is a lesser chance of adulteration.

GTO

GTO,
we use Turbojet on our E270 CDI and the car is indeed running smoother and there are less jerks when we accelerate.
Old 27th June 2006, 12:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

I stick with the regular diesel for the Skoda. The company, and many forums, have specifically stated not to use fuel additives for VW diesel engines.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:25   #20
BHPian

from wat i could notice on my indica..

Xtra - Never Used
Hi Speed - Not that good.. good efficiency but sluggish..
Turbojet - Smooth.. but the efficiency did drop a km.. but the pick-ups better..
Old 29th June 2006, 14:00   #21
BHPian

I would say what matters most is the quality of diesel.

For city use, find a gas station which gives the engine a consistently peaceful time. For highway drives where I am familiar with the highway, I know from experience which gas stations give me the good stuff. For unfamiliar highways, find a gas station which is chockfull of highway traffic(trucks/long distance buses). At least in the south that works very well. Selecting Brand/Premium category fuel rarely worked for me.

And by and large, Indian Oil diesel has been consistently the best for me, but I have had my fair scares with some “company owned” Indian Oil outlets as well.

And I keep filling Indian Oil Extra mile in the hope(mostly vain) that it would be less adultrated than normal diesel.
Old 29th June 2006, 14:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Will there be any difference if we shift from TurboJet to Xtra Mile in a CRDi engine? And is there anyplace where we can get the fuel tested.
And also does it make more sense to fill regular diesel with additives like Diesel Plus or the likes?
What do you guys reccomend?
You could use System D..

Personally..I have shifted from Turbojet to Super Diesel from Indianoil..maybe its called extra mile..

These fuels are supposed to have a better quality..[low sulphur] and hence they make your car smoother..

Hope I am right
Old 29th June 2006, 18:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
These fuels are supposed to have a better quality..[low sulphur] and hence they make your car smoother..

Hope I am right
Nope.. The sulphur content is governed by environmental laws and applies to all varieties of diesel. At current levels, it costs a huge amount in refinery investments to go below even 0.01% less sulphur than the prescribed legal limit. No oil company does this.
The Premium diesels come with additives which supposedly help the engine burn cleaner/smoother/better.

Personally, I use Turbo-jet and find the engine smoother than regular diesel.
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Another CAR show,another finding

Top speed on star tv[ I am not sure about the name] did a test on regular and premium fuels,and whether it is worth it to go in for the premium fuels.Here's what they have to say:

1>. No diffference in mileage between premium and regular fuel.
2>. No difference in Engine performance while using premium or regular fuel.
3>. Additives are present in both regular as well as premium fuels ,just slight difference in concentration.
4>. Engine being free of carbon deposits etc.i.e which fuel ensures longer engine life,no difference whether you use regular or premium fuel.
5>. Adulteration, premium fuels equally adulterated if not more.

Their recomendation ,stick to normal fuel it is just the placebo effect with regards to premium fuel.

So are we just falling for the marketing trick of the Oil companies.Besides companies like toyota dont recommend premium fuels in the first place.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 22nd January 2007 at 13:00.
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Similar to Boost with energy boosters. Look if Sachin's performance has improved !!
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:07   #26
BHPian

As far as I know, there is certainly a good difference.

The "Power" diesels, technically called "High Octane" Fuel, is an anti clogging agent which keeps on cleaning the fuel injectors and filters, thus keeps the engine clean and adds to smoothness and reduces smoke as well to some extent. This also adds life to your fuel injectors. It is suggested that after every 5000km run on normal diesel, you shud run next 5000kms on "power" diesel and so on to keep engine healthy.

System G is also the "Almost" same thing. System G is an ingrediant we add on our own. The problem here is that too less of the anti clogging agent or too more of it, both are bad. Thus Adding it manually can be rather harming our engines in long run.

The better way is that the supplier himself adds it in right proportion so you see:

BP Speed Diesel
HP Turbojet Diesel
IOC Power Diesel.

However these would not increase your mileage to a gr8 extent.

hope it helps
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:58   #27
BHPian

I find myself odd person out.My experience is completely different. I have been using HiSpeed but find no difference in smoothness. Infact i feel my FE has gone down. My car gives best FE with BP regular diesel...
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

One can understand the high octane petrol and its needs. Diesel is not easily understood. Why should one run 'power' diesel for 5000 kms. I think using it once in a while should keep the engine clean.
Old 22nd January 2007, 19:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact i feel my FE has gone down. My car gives best FE with BP regular diesel...
Few other bhpians too have been reporting a similar experience.
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is simply hilarious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Xtra Mile diesel : Your miles covered to service station will increase.
High Speed diesel : Will send you running to the service station at high speed
Turbojet : Will unleash the beast within you when your service center tells you that new common rail system will cost 30K and is not covered by warranty or insurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks