Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Diff between Speed diesel, Xtra premium diesel and regular diesel

Is there any differences we can observe in the car if we use Speed diesel, Xtra premium diesel or regular diesel? I am using Xtra premium diesel for my Indica for last 12kms and i feel it is pretty smooth compared to my friends indica who is using regular diesel.

I am getting a mileage of 15kms with A/c more than 75% of the time. Can someone explain the advantages little more technically?
Old 11th January 2006, 13:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I use HP's version of Power Diesel in my Endeavour and have found a distinct difference in pick up and smoothness.I am not sure if the mileage has gone up but even if it hasnt i think its worth paying that extra buck to get a smoother drive.The Power Diesel results are more effective than Power Petrol.
Old 11th January 2006, 13:54   #3
BHPian

My car dealer told me that the differences can be felt only after using the car with the fuel for more than 10k kms so that the engine will get tuned to it? Is it right?
Old 11th January 2006, 14:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

The only difference could be the price you pay for them as many pumps just use a different dispensing machines to pump out same fuel.
Old 11th January 2006, 14:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
The only difference could be the price you pay for them as many pumps just use a different dispensing machines to pump out same fuel.
if you are really serious then I don't think so. There should be some difference in the chemical composition. The petrol pumps can't cheat us just like that. Atleast i hope so :(
Old 11th January 2006, 15:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Will there be any difference if we shift from TurboJet to Xtra Mile in a CRDi engine? And is there anyplace where we can get the fuel tested.
And also does it make more sense to fill regular diesel with additives like Diesel Plus or the likes?
What do you guys reccomend?
Old 11th January 2006, 15:37   #7
BHPian

I was told by car dealer that the latest diesel is coming with less carbon content which makes more friction and hence a reduction in smoothness of engines. So he told that the fuel with additives basically increases the carbon content to increase teh smoothness it seems.
Old 11th January 2006, 15:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
True, call me cynical but after kerosene has been mixed in it wont be super duper diesel but you will be paying more for it.
Old 11th January 2006, 16:50   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Will there be any difference if we shift from TurboJet to Xtra Mile in a CRDi engine? And is there anyplace where we can get the fuel tested.
The r the samething just named differently as they r sold by diff companies. So to answer ur question No there wont be any diff obv. The HP petrol pump that i fill from test their fuel everyday and the test results r monitored by random customers and number results r signed by them to ensure there is no foul play.
Old 11th January 2006, 18:13   #10
BHPian

i have been using speed diesel, Xtramile diesel in my Bolero for more than 10000 kms. I have noticed that the car is more smooth from when i started using the premium diesel. Sometimes in between i had to fill up regular diesel and i can easily make out the difference.I havent seen any major improvement in milage but it is definitely smooth on the engine.
-Chaxy
Old 11th January 2006, 18:45   #11
BHPian

diesel innova

i had been using HP turbojet for my innova from day one and had clocked 10k when i heard on t-bhp that toyota has recommended regular diesel for the innova because these premium fuels were giving lot of black smoke on flooring the accelerator. i was facing the same problem and switched to regular diesel and there is marked improvement in smootness of the engine. the black smoke is gone! Innova users better use regular diesel only.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:12   #12
BHPian

though i havent used the premium diesel varieties, i am very much satisfied with xtra premium.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:58   #13
Team-BHP Support

Xtra Mile diesel : Your miles covered to service station will increase.
High Speed diesel : Will send you running to the service station at high speed
Turbojet : Will unleash the beast within you when your service center tells you that new common rail system will cost 30K and is not covered by warranty or insurance.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 11th January 2006 at 21:01.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2006, 10:21   #14
BHPian

i too am getting a lesser mileage, but by 1 kms max, after using xtra mile. But the engine is smooth
Old 12th January 2006, 15:51   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Arent these branded diesels nothing more than regular diesel with additives?

Mercedes strictly prohibits using any premium diesels, and insists that regular liquid is just fine.

I use High Speed diesel in my Jeep only because its an old engine and could use the additives. Plus, I hope that there is a lesser chance of adulteration.

GTO

Most Viewed