Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 22:52   #16
BHPian

Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

@ sreepy

Thanx yaar. Very true in fact the tiltable steering and height adjustable seat just gives me the perfect posture for long drives.

RAPID is not available at all T.A.S.C's as to my knowledge cos the first T.A.S.C (TAFE) did not have that process and he gave me a quote of 4k for the same dent removal. But will certainly get in contact with my SA and try to fetch you a few more details in a day or two.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:13   #17
BHPian

VISTA QDJ - Life After First Service!

Phew! Back from a drive to salem, noticed a few things that is worth sharing
  • AC Cooling is now fantastic (Remember the ASSY ACTUATOR MOTOR for Air & Temp Mode change) Now I can just keep the AC @ 25% cooling around 5pm and fan @ speed 1 and the blowers not facing me else it gets too cold and am supposed to switch off the AC for a min or so.
  • A friend who was riding in a Swift P swapped seats and the first thing he did as soon as he got into my car was shut off his side of blower vent saying that it was too cold.
  • The front suspensions now make a weird "Eerrk" sound once driven over speed breakers.
  • The feel of the ABS kicking in was awesome, the car pulled off some sharp turns with ease.
  • Left rear speaker vibrations were not felt even @ high decibel beats.
Might go for a sticker @ top of front windshield cos am lazy to pull down those sun shades .
Old 4th May 2011, 23:57   #18

Re: VISTA QDJ - Life After First Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
The front suspensions now make a weird "Eerrk" sound once driven over speed breakers.
Suspension noises are quite common in all Vista's. You might ask the SA to change the bushes (under warranty) next time you visit the A.S.S. New bushes do not eliminate the noises completely but you will definitely not hear those "Eerrk" sounds inside the cabin with the windows rolled up.
Old 5th May 2011, 00:27   #19
BHPian

@ Sreepy

Hey Thanx for the suggestion. Will certainly do that the next time am at T.A.S.C.
BTW I did enquire with my SA who says RAPID is not available at all T.A.S.C and I confirmed the same by calling up and enquiring the same with the other 2 T.A.S.C's in my city.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 11:31   #20
BHPian

@smrtdvl:
One doubt. I have a Vista QJD Terra model, which doesn't have a Tachometer. I normally drive at speeds recommended by Tata for fuel efficiency in each gear (unless I am in an evil mood).

I know the maximum torque of 190Nm is in the band from 1750 rpm. I also can intuitively feel when the Turbo turns on. But I would like to know the speeds in each gear which corresponds to this rpm. I tried to search for this particular information in the net, but couldn't find it.

Can you help ? (I know it could be different for my car. Just want to know an approximate range).

TIA
Old 11th May 2011, 08:05   #21
BHPian

VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine - Dozen pics added

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Do keep updating the thread regularly. And please add more pics, will you?

Guys finally got to see the dawn and click a few shots of the interiors too.

2 DIN Music System - Love that Bluetooth feature
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170042.jpg
PW console - Seldom used as the car is driven in 100% AC
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170044.jpg
The Cup holders do not hold a 1ltr Kinley / other brands. Adequate for those 500/600ml Pepsi
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170046.jpg
Space
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170047.jpg
Space - I just love it when the rear passenger does not ask me to adjust my seat
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p5110064.jpg
More Space
Name:  P4170048.JPG
Views: 1616
Size:  146.1 KB
Integrated HL Switch & Leveler
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170052.jpg
Wiper Controls - It took me sometime to get used to this. But they are confident inspiring during downpour.
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170053.jpg
Rear power Outlet is a significant Move
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p5110061.jpg
Ample leg room - I don't miss the dead pedal though.
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p5110058.jpg
Tiltable Steering Max & Min Positions
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170049.jpg
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p4170050.jpg
Old 11th May 2011, 11:51   #22
BHPian

RAPID - The 1 hr dent removal & 6hr dent removal & paint process

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Is Autozone an exclusive TATA-Fiat service? I would like a few nicks cleaned up from car too - they have done a great job at a decent price too!

Met my SA Mr.Suresh (Mob # 9843577733) again as I had been to AUTOZONE today (That's a diff story, well pen it down soon) and spent some time with Suresh, he says as to his knowledge they are the only service centre with this process. Finally he has agreed to help with the RAPID process to non-TATA cars too but we should inform him a day or two before going to AUTOZONE and he also assured that the vehicle will be delivered the same day.

Hope this helps.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good news there! Am there for the whole next week with my car!!!
Old 12th May 2011, 10:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps smrtdvl.

The interiors of Vista have changed significantly from my Vista to yours. I think I like the black-beige combo rather than the grey-beige combo in my Vista.

Lucky you, you got the BT system which was carried down from Manza to Vista. Now Vista is almost a complete car. I say almost because the the boot of Vista sucks. Its just about adequate.

Hey, those mats are good. Are those Kagu mats? Do these mats fit perfectly? I have tried 3 sets of mats and all of them keep moving here and there. Sometimes they even go under the pedals and I have to adjust them. Please let me know.

My Vista is up for 15k service and I have following MUST items TBD:
1) Best available floor mats
2) Paint the front bumper ( There are minor scratches on the LHS front)
3) Alloys.
4) Change speakers (This is tentative. Depends on the M factor. I am looking out for Rockford Fosgate speakers.)
Old 12th May 2011, 10:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, those mats are good. Are those Kagu mats? Do these mats fit perfectly?
Those are packy poda mats. They are a perfect fit except that you get only 4 pieces so the rear transmission hump is exposed. I've not touched them for adjustment till date. They are available in 2 colors black, beige & transparent.

You car would look stunning with alloys but sad that TATA had discontinued this color.

Looks damn good but how do you keep the beige interiors clean?
Old 12th May 2011, 10:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

I always go for the 3M interior cleaning package. It works like magic and its not too expensive. Around 800/- once in a quarter or once in 6 months is pretty appropriate IMO. Otherwise, I dont have an idea how to keep those beige interiors neat and clean. I also have beige seat covers which add to the beige volume inside.

BTW, are these mats available all around the country? Is there any website from where I can have a look and may be order them?
Old 12th May 2011, 12:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine - Dozen pics added

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
PW console - Seldom used as the car is driven in 100% AC
Congratulations on a lovely car! Really like the colour and alloys.

Also glad that Tata's put the refreshed interiors from the Manza into the Vista. The old PW console esp was extremely cheap looking and ill fitting. New one is quite smart!
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 11:06   #28
BHPian

My friendly neighborhood T.A.S.C

Quote:
BTW, are these mats available all around the country? Is there any website from where I can have a look and may be order them?
Yeah I have seen them in a couple of websites like ebay, you need to search for packy poda.

Btw had an issue with my left rear door rubber beading not fitted back after my last visit to T.A.S.C (Autozone) for my 1st service. I had not noticed this as the rear is used very rarely.

This is what I saw on 11th may
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p5110062.jpg
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-p5110063.jpg

So went to Autozone and reported the non-fitment of door beading and immediately my SA Mr. Mani apologized and said he'll fit in a new beading and offered me a free car wash which I politely refused.

Am very much happy with the way Autozone has treated me till date

PS: Next update discusses about TATA's warranty honoring.
Old 14th May 2011, 13:15   #29
BHPian

smrtdvl-Congrats on the Vista and wishing you lotsa safe & happy mile munching.

I have a Vista QDJ Aqua ,same color, Feb-11 registered in Chennai and now drive it in Coimbatore as well.Glad that i came across your thread,was wondering if i shud get my second service done from TAFE or GEM!Now that you have given a thumbs-up on Autozone,shall try it out as well.I got my first service done Concorde,Chennai and they have been plain pathetic to say the least.I think the volumes there are to b blamed.

I too have the gear lever jerk that you mentioned(back and forth) and also some humming noise while on 2nd and 3rd gear.Both couldn't be solved at Chennai concorde.Infact, they still dont have any idea about what the issue is all about.

Which is a good place in coimbatore to get my car polished?

Last edited by Sam.k : 14th May 2011 at 13:37.
Old 14th May 2011, 20:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
smrtdvl-Congrats on the Vista and wishing you lotsa safe & happy mile munching.
Thanx * 2 Sam.K, the second thanx for helping me zero in on the vista, in fact I was closely following your decision making thread before I went ahead with the booking and the freebies you got helped me with my bargain as well

You can either try Carzspa or Covai Car Craft for polishing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks