Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 13:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine

smrtdvl

I think you should get the sill plates at any accessories shop. I had asked 2 accessories guys here in Pune and they said that they can get these easily. But, these are made to order, since rarely any Vista owners ask for sill plates. Also, the ones that you will get for Vista, may not be back-illuminated. Those back-illuminated ones usually come as a standard feature in high end cars. Still, I am not 100% confident about illumination information and you can recheck the same.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 13:55   #47
BHPian

Re: VISTA 3500km & Warranty Update

Had been on a trip to Coimbatore - Pondi - Chennai - Cbe. Vista performed amazingly well all through the trip with a mileage of 17 kmpl with AC, I think I would have got better figures if I stayed below 100km/h

Agree with fellow Vista owners that this is indeed a superb highway tourer. Drove non stop from vellore - coimbatore (400 kms) but did not feel tired at all. Seat height adjust & Steering adjust were more than useful in giving me the best driving position. But I just feel the ORVM's have a limited visibility so planning to get those additional one's fixed on my next visit to sun combines.

WARRANTY UPDATE:

Took the vehicle to Autozone and got my rear windshield replaced under warranty and also the front kreek kreek noise while going thru speed breakers has been rectified but gear rod's mild shake when accelerating is still present. Might get it rectified during my 5k km service. As usual Autozone guys were at their best in helping me and their shabby work of interior cleaning was also usual.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:10   #48
BHPian

The front kreek kreek noise while going through speed breakers is back again. Any guesses on what could be the cause of it? Btw got RE35 sun film back on the replaced rear windshield. Removed indica badge & stickers from the boot door and in fact my vista looks so nice now.

Adding couple of pics to justify it
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-db1.jpg

VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-db2.jpg
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:30   #49
BHPian

VISTA QDJ Central Lock Query

Guys Is there a possibility to get the central locking to lock itself after a certain amount of time once the key is taken off in a Vista? This was possible in my Esteem which had a after market xenon remote .

I have left the car open couple of times last week Thank god both times it was inside locked car park.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: VISTA QDJ Central Lock Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Guys Is there a possibility to get the central locking to lock itself after a certain amount of time once the key is taken off in a Vista? This was possible in my Esteem which had a after market xenon remote .

I have left the car open couple of times last week Thank god both times it was inside locked car park.
It happens by default with my Autocop system. I never had to do anything special to get it work. Please check again or go to the person who fitted the system in your car and get it rectified. It should work from day 1.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:00   #51
BHPian

Re: VISTA QDJ Central Lock Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
It happens by default with my Autocop system. I never had to do anything special to get it work. Please check again or go to the person who fitted the system in your car and get it rectified. It should work from day 1.
My vista came with a factory fitted remote integrated key central locking system. Is there by any means this could be re-programmed? I think figo comes with this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I don't think it locks automatically. If there is any setup for that even i would love to have that.

On the other hand if you unlock the doors and do not open them within a stipulated time it does get locked again.

Although accidentally got to know about this feature the day I bought her.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:54   #52
BHPian

smrtdvl
OT: Does autozone does works on FIAT's as well?
if so it would be helpful if you can provide the exact address of its location and a reference for a SA or SM there.

Had to do a minor dent removal and paint job in my Linea's Boot and rear bumper.

And for the price you paid for removing the dent and painting is a real steal, I would also like to give a try there.

Last edited by BulZire : 4th August 2011 at 16:01.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
smrtdvl
OT: Does autozone does works on FIAT's as well?
Nope they are one of the TASC in coimbatore but you can contact Mr.Suresh (Mob # 9843577733) and refer him my vista & TBhp. He has promised to get this process done for non TATA cars too on special cases. It's just that you need to call him in advance and book your appointment cos Autozone conducts many camps regularly so they are always filled up.

11.032716, 76.951826 use these co-ordinates in google maps to zero in Autozone. You can easily locate this place at 0.5 kms once you are into Mettupalayam road after saibaba kovil. It comes in your right side just behind a TVS showroom.

Hope this helps.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 20:26   #54
BHPian

HELP!

Guys been busy with a new business venture and a few personal commitments that I actually forgot to get my car serviced at the 6 month or 5 - 5.5k kms(2nd free) service mark and its now 8k on the odo and its been 7.5 months. I just called up a SA at T.A.S.C who asked me to bring the car for the 10k kms(3rd free) service after another 2k kms and said the warranty is void as of now.

Is that true and what should I do next? Expecting your valuable suggestions.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:32   #55
BHPian

This is technically true, as verified from a TASC representative. However, it eventually depends on your service advisor. A bit of persuasion and patience may do the trick.
Old 11th November 2011, 15:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
HELP!

Guys been busy with a new business venture and a few personal commitments that I actually forgot to get my car serviced at the 6 month or 5 - 5.5k kms(2nd free) service mark and its now 8k on the odo and its been 7.5 months. I just called up a SA at T.A.S.C who asked me to bring the car for the 10k kms(3rd free) service after another 2k kms and said the warranty is void as of now.

Is that true and what should I do next? Expecting your valuable suggestions.
smrtdvl, I think what the SA said is correct. I was told by my T.A.S.C. SA that TATA Motors questions them for accepting free service coupons after expiry. I guess your Vista gets serviced at Autozone. Try speaking to the Works Manager, Mr. Swamy. He might help you out on the warranty part.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:21   #57
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful and informative thread Smrtdvl. Vista looks great especially in Grey.
First I was very keen on V-QJD because of its engine and space, then changed my mind to Figo due to its overall package. Luckily my b-i-l has bought a Manza and I take when needed.
Nice to get your windshield replaced under warranty.
Arun is correct. The system does not accept the coupon no if the date is expired. I had the same problem with my Suzuki Access scooter. Just drive another 1k and get the 10k service done at 9k itself.
I may take the service of Mr.Suresh for clearing two scratches in my Figo. Thanks for your reference.

Last edited by RGK : 14th November 2011 at 18:23.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 16:59   #58
BHPian

Life after second service

Second free service done. Thanks to a friend's friend at AUTOZONE.

Had complained of that creek creek noise while going over speed breakers which had reoccurred following recent rains, wanted the Tyre rotation to be done along with wheel alignment and 1st free inspection of 3M under body coat.

Liked the work of T.A.S.C. Details of the work done is as follows and I ended up paying just Rs.229 for the Tyre rotation alone.

VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-17112011265.jpg

8000KMS Update GOOD THINGS:

The car is still awesome to drive on many highways and the average mileage with AC on always is around 18kmpl cos I can't keep her below 100km/hr for more than 15 mins how hard I try.

The A pillar hinders a bit of my view during turns which made my driving through the heavy rains a challenge, maybe I should alter my seating position as suggested by bigvishnu.

Switched to nitrogen air and this has made the ride quality a bit smoother (As commented by regular co-passengers) and the other best comment I get from people who drove the car "It isn't like a TATA"

NOT SO GOOD THINGS:

When the car is fully loaded with 5 adults and when going over potholes occasionally the rear tire touches the body making a weird noise. I did not bring up this issue at T.A.S.C cos they had already warned me of using after market alloys. But rarely is my car fully loaded so need to wait and check before I reach out to Fathima Tyres.

On one of my long drives to Pattukottai had a very bad experience, somebody had scratched the car in the rear while it was parked overnight before a shop and it would cost me around 3k for the RAPID process. So planning to get it done during my 3rd free service along with oil change.
VISTA QDJ My Desi Car with a Videshi Engine-17112011271.jpg
Old 5th March 2012, 05:56   #59
BHPian

I had my 3rd service done a couple of months ago along with the paint job for the boot. Had been for a family get together at Autozone last week. Will update all the details in one go in a day or two. Business had kept me busy all these days and was surfing TBHP via mobile so couldn't update my thread but from now on no excuses.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:19   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I had my 3rd service done a couple of months ago along with the paint job for the boot. Had been for a family get together at Autozone last week. Will update all the details in one go in a day or two. Business had kept me busy all these days and was surfing TBHP via mobile so couldn't update my thread but from now on no excuses.
Hey, how much did the scratch removal cost? do you know if AutoZone has a branch in Bangalore?
I am due for my third service next month, jsut crossed 9K kms yesterday, and have a few dents and stuff to get fixed as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks