Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 11:25   #1831
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's the korean version of the current fluidic Verna. Was launched at same time as the one in India.
Got it.
Still waiting for some news regarding any facelifted model coming up in the near future.
Old 1st February 2013, 11:29   #1832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Got it.
Still waiting for some news regarding any facelifted model coming up in the near future.
Usual process is that the facelifted model is launched internationally then after a few months in India.

With no facelifted one seen internationally I do not expect to see one in India soon.

The same was followed for the i20 and i10. The Sonata facelift was launched last month internationally and they are planning to get that to india in 2014. Going by that you will be waiting for a long time.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:11   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
We bought our Verna CRDi AT around November. Last month, our car claimed it's first victim when someone sitting in the back seat got sick, asked to stop the car immediately, jumped out and threw up!

Can anything be done to improve the suspension? Do aftermarket suspension fixes like Bilstein void the warranty?

Decent. But you WILL wait for gearshifts on the highway while overtaking. This ain't no DSG.

Agree. But sadly, there aren't options in Diesel Automatics. Next one's available are the Cruze A/T at 19.42L, Laura (Ambition) at 19.31L & the Jetta at 22.63L

If you want to make brisk progress, yes. Keep the engine boiling. If you want to cruise, do't do it between 60-70 because it will keep shifting between 3rd and 4th. 90-100 kmph is the best. BUT it is NOT fuel efficient by any yardstick. I haven't managed more than 15-16 kmpl. If I'm thrashing it, it can go down to 12-13 kmpl.

8-10 kmpl in the city. Highway figures as mentioned above.

Honestly speaking, its still decent figures for a 4-speed box. Both my Petrol A/T's give averages not worth mentioning & only the Truck like drive Logan gives me good figures
And Akshay, We can't get everything. I'm in the market for a car to replace my Logan, & i can seem to spend anything over 10L with the state of the pathetic roads in the suburbs. Defies logic for me honestly. The only option i have, sadly, is the Verna Fluidic CRDi 1.6 EX A/T at 12.3L. I'm keen on the Duster but was told by their sales executive they have no intention to launch an automatic variant in the near future.

With the horrid driving conditions we have in urban India, automatics offer the only option of relief for self-driven car owners.
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:53   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post

Hi,

I am also facing the issue with HU Bluetooth while using it with Blackberry. After every 3-4 days, I get the message "pairing failed". Then I have to delete the device & pair it again.

Not sure I feel its an issue with Blackberry or with Head Unit?
Hi,

It is a problem with blackberry. Have a S3-galaxy, synchs like a charm. Tested wifeys bb...same problems.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:51   #1835
BHPian

I heard that hyunda is doing some thing for soft suspension for Verna thats gonna come out in March13.
Will some throw some lime lite on it.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:27   #1836
RGP
BHPian

Has anyone had their front coil springs replaced by Hyundai? Any feedback on the performance after the replacement? Is the suspension significantly better with the new springs?

I had 3rd free service for my Fluidic Verna done over the weekend, and I casually asked the SA about free replacement of coil springs. He told me that had a list of chassis numbers for which coil spring replacement would be done under warranty, and after checking somewhere, he confirmed that my car was eligible. He has told me the springs would be available this week and they would need about half a day to replace them. But he was pretty vague about the benefits of the replacement and mumbled something about more comfortable driving in city...

Any feedback would be welcome....
RGP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 14:52   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Has anyone had their front coil springs replaced by Hyundai? Any feedback on the performance after the replacement? Is the suspension significantly better with the new springs?

I had 3rd free service for my Fluidic Verna done over the weekend, and I casually asked the SA about free replacement of coil springs. He told me that had a list of chassis numbers for which coil spring replacement would be done under warranty, and after checking somewhere, he confirmed that my car was eligible. He has told me the springs would be available this week and they would need about half a day to replace them. But he was pretty vague about the benefits of the replacement and mumbled something about more comfortable driving in city...

Any feedback would be welcome....
My front springs have been changed during my 3rd service. I have seen very minimal change. Not a big difference from the previous state in terms of performance. Even I tried to understand from the service executive about the replacement and its advantages. However, I could not get a justifiable reply from him on the technical stuff.
hydswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 15:27   #1838
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
My front springs have been changed during my 3rd service. I have seen very minimal change. Not a big difference from the previous state in terms of performance. Even I tried to understand from the service executive about the replacement and its advantages. However, I could not get a justifiable reply from him on the technical stuff.
Thanks.
I got a call today that springs are now in stock, so will probably get them changed over the weekend. Will update if I notice any difference.
Old 28th February 2013, 15:56   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Thanks.
I got a call today that springs are now in stock, so will probably get them changed over the weekend. Will update if I notice any difference.
When did you buy your car mate?

So, the only option to find out if my car is covered, is to trust the SA?
Old 28th February 2013, 16:13   #1840
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
When did you buy your car mate?

So, the only option to find out if my car is covered, is to trust the SA?
I got delivery of my car on 20 October 2011. So I would guess that cars manufactured up to Sep 2011 at least should be covered.
Because I got a positive response I did not ask to see the list, but you could do that....
RGP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 14:11   #1841
Senior - BHPian

I have been in a dilemma to buy a 3rd car since the last 6 months and have looked at every car from the Polo / Vento to the Verna / Elantra to Innova / Laura etc.

I have finally decided to go for a mid sized sedan and wait for another 2-3 years before I Invest in an expensive car like Superb / Audi A4.

I have shortlisted it to the Verna / Elantra for now.

I went and saw both at the showroom yesterday and other than the size there was nothing else going for the Elantra and I could not see any reason to spend 3.5 lacs extra for a same engined, lesser specced car.

I was comparing the Verna CRDI SX ( 2 airbags, alloys, bluetooth, camera etc ) with the BASE ELANTRA CRDI ( same specs except no camera ).

Also the resale of a Verna is excellent and Elantra though fairly new will have a poorer resale in comparison to the cheaper verna.

I am getting a cracker of a deal where I have to pay 10.5 lacs OTR in Haryana for a SX crdi verna.

I am not selling my older verna which has done over 1 lac km's and is still going super strong. It is due for an extensive service which I will give right after I buy this verna.

I am being offered 3.9 lacs for my verna which is 4.8 years old and a 2008 model - very good condition. That is half of what I paid back in 2008. Yes there are aftermarket good alloys and a good music system.

Anyways do you think I should take the plunge and buy a Verna. I have an old verna and i20 already in my house.

It looks like Hyundai is the only cars I can finalise on.

I was looking at the Vento but it was too under equipped and the resale is terrible.

I think I will go for the Grey or Black color as I am fed up of owning whites and silvers.

Last edited by vkochar : 4th March 2013 at 14:13.
Old 12th March 2013, 14:47   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I came across a modded White Verna (fluidic one) just outside the ORR PSK parking. It had a black top (just like the Audi A8L) and it actually was looking smashing (like a mini A8L really). The wheels were also aftermarket and were quite aesthetically pleasing. Overall very tastefully mods done on the car. I was just wondering if it is a TBHPians car.

Sorry no pics as I was driving at that time.

Last edited by joslicx : 12th March 2013 at 14:49.
Old 13th March 2013, 00:06   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried this to make the Verna's suspension better?
Old 13th March 2013, 07:49   #1844
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Anyways do you think I should take the plunge and buy a Verna. I have an old verna and i20 already in my house.
My CRDi has done 21K in the past 20 months of ownership and I have enjoy the feel of the engine & gearbox. This is undoubtedly one of the best cars in this segment. Go ahead and buy
Old 13th March 2013, 22:39   #1845
Senior - BHPian

I just sold my beast verna Crdi SX(2008) and was looking at each and every options available like Vento, Rapid, Ertiga, Innova, Duster but my heart says the Verna again.
The older one had a cracker of an engine, only reson for me to buy at that time, heard many good things about the new one too, seems like Fluidic Verna Crdi SX is worthy successor.
Will be going for the test drive and want to get one soon, does anybody have an idea if there is any waiting period for 1.6 CRDI SX even now?

Last edited by sridhar24 : 13th March 2013 at 22:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks