Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 23:34   #1801
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Did 30K paid service over the weekend. Total cost came to Rs.7754. Following were done/changed -
Thanks for sharing your 30K servicing charges.

Quote:
Parts -
4. Fuel filter catridge - Rs. 1751
Fuel filters for the common rail engines are really very costly. What is the replacement interval of this filter?

Quote:
Labour -
1. Radiator flushing - Rs. 380
2. AC blower cleaning - Rs. 600
3. Periodic Service Charge - Rs. 850
4. Rear and Front Brake Calibration - Rs. 860

Items 1,2 and 8 in the parts list and items 1,2 and 4 in the labour list were done as part of 30K service. Therefore, hoping the routine 10k service charges to hover around 6K.
Labor points 2. & 4. seem to be a hog wash. What is the need for AC blower cleaning if the AC & air flow is fine? It should be addressed only if there are any AC blower specific issues. The brake cleaning/adjusting should be part of the regular service & covered under the per?iodic service charge of Rs 850/-. By the way what exactly is meant by calibration
Old 10th December 2012, 07:32   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Fuel filters for the common rail engines are really very costly. What is the replacement interval of this filter?
Fuel filters are replaced at 10K intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Labor points 2. & 4. seem to be a hog wash. What is the need for AC blower cleaning if the AC & air flow is fine? It should be addressed only if there are any AC blower specific issues. The brake cleaning/adjusting should be part of the regular service & covered under the per?iodic service charge of Rs 850/-. By the way what exactly is meant by calibration
AC air flow had some issues of late. I used maintain the temperatures at 22C ever since I bought the car. Of late, I had to lower the temperature setting to 18C to keep myself comfortable in the car. Air flow has improved to earlier levels after the blower was cleaned.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 11:18   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fuel filters are replaced at 10K intervals.
Thanks for that info. Is this common for all CRDi/common rail engines or is this change interval specific to Hyundai's engines? Just now I checked the XUV maintenance manual & there the change interval is 20K kms for the mHawk engine.

Quote:
AC air flow had some issues of late. I used maintain the temperatures at 22C ever since I bought the car. Of late, I had to lower the temperature setting to 18C to keep myself comfortable in the car. Air flow has improved to earlier levels after the blower was cleaned.
My apologies there. I was not aware you had AC cooling issues & thought it to be a regular service affair. It is fine then. Could you please clarify @ the Rear and Front Brake Calibration? What did they exactly do in that?
Old 11th December 2012, 17:51   #1804
BHPian

Is there a way to easily disable the gear shift indicator? I know some people like it, but to me it's a bit of gimmick. I had this on a car I owned in the late '80's in the US (a Saab 900s) and was able to remove a fuse that disabled it. It was very annoying and distracting while driving at night.
Old 12th December 2012, 00:13   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwarmth View Post
Is there a way to easily disable the gear shift indicator? I know some people like it, but to me it's a bit of gimmick. I had this on a car I owned in the late '80's in the US (a Saab 900s) and was able to remove a fuse that disabled it. It was very annoying and distracting while driving at night.
Yes, set eco mode to off. Go to the eco mode and then press the button for about 5 seconds and it will turn the indicator off. Don't remove any fuse :P
Shome is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 08:52   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Yes, set eco mode to off. Go to the eco mode and then press the button for about 5 seconds and it will turn the indicator off. Don't remove any fuse :P
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed to know.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:09   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur
Anyone else owns an AT and thinks the brakes are terrible?

I just took delivery of my CRDi A/T and almost rear-ended a rickshaw on my 2 km drive home. It's like there is no bite at all till the very end. Apart from that, the lack of telescopic adjustment for the steering was just a complete shocker, considering I drove there in my i20 which has the feature and is the most comfortable car to drive in the house, in my opinion.
Yes, the AT has Terrible breaks, especially in the vehicle I Td'ed. You have to literally stand on them to have any effect.
Old 19th December 2012, 20:54   #1808
BHPian

Need help from Diesel car owners. I will not be using my car for 14 days.

Does the battery cables need to be disconnected in such a case? I understand that this needs to be done for an extended period of vehicle inactivity but is 14 days long enough to warrant this activity.
Old 19th December 2012, 21:46   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Need help from Diesel car owners. I will not be using my car for 14 days.

Does the battery cables need to be disconnected in such a case? I understand that this needs to be done for an extended period of vehicle inactivity but is 14 days long enough to warrant this activity.
You are quite right. 14 days is not a long period & you can leave your car in as is condition. It does not warrant the removal of the battery terminals.

My car was idle, standing in the parking, for 5 consecutive weeks. I had been outstation for more than 5 weeks & owing to my sheer laziness I didn't care to disconnect the battery terminals. To my pleasant surprise when I came back from my overseas trip & started the car, the engine came to life at the first crank. (had given the ignition coil twice before cranking the motor)

However please note my car dosent sport a remote lock or burglar alarm or any other sort of gadgets. It only has a factory fitted central lock & power windows. Hence there was very little risk of battery drainage.

Just in case you decide to disconnect the battery terminals, always disconnect the negative (-ve) cable first and reconnect it last.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 22:54   #1810
BHPian

Thanks AutoIndian. Even my car has only factory fitted central lock and power windows. No additional gizmos. So, hopefully the battery should last for 2 weeks.
Old 26th December 2012, 18:38   #1811
BHPian

2nd time, two rear sensors were replaced under warranty. Discussed with SA regarding any sensor quality issues. He said- nothing like that, but sensors need to be protected from water as far as possible from inside while the car is washed. Lets see how long the new set of sensors work in my car. Fingers crossed.

By now, I have done 26k in odo. No issues other than the rear sensors replacement, horn relay replacement & slight rattle from dash board.

Any one who has replaced the suspension springs like Taseem. If yes, plz. narrate the experience after the replacement.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:36   #1812
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Any one who has replaced the suspension springs like Taseem. If yes, plz. narrate the experience after the replacement.
I have replaced the front springs under warranty. I understand the rear stiff springs are expected in Jan/Feb and I will replace the rear springs too.

I do lot of drives to Coorg (250 kms from Bangalore) and the roads are very bad, hence my opting for the stiffer ride. The stiff springs helps handle the speed breakers very easily.

My advice to people who are largely using the Verna in the city only, stick to the softer suspension. The stiffer suspension results in a hard ride

My car has done 20K and except for the rear sensors, no major problems.

Cheers

KPS
Old 27th December 2012, 12:06   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
Took the delivery of my Verna 1.6 EX CRDi last Friday 21st Dec'12.
Bought it initially as a replacement to our 9 year old 145K Kms done Chevy Optra-CNG, but now decided not to sell the Optra.

I am amazed with the vehicle (Verna) and am really happy that we bought the Verna and not the SX4 (which I was contemplating earlier). Thanks to this thread, I made the right choice.
Cheers
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 18:37   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Question on the BT functionality.

I have a BB Curve 8520, and having consistent issues with the BT Handsfree service. Every time I shut down the system and then restart it, the phone only keeps giving out the message " Connecting to Verna", so I am forced to delete the paired Verna, and then add it newly. The problems continue as when I re-pair and re-connect, the Handsfree option comes up some times, and does not come up an equal number of times, so I just have to keep deleting, adding, and connecting, and after 3-4 attempts, I get the handsfree option.

Anybody else facing this problem?
Hi,

I am also facing the issue with HU Bluetooth while using it with Blackberry. After every 3-4 days, I get the message "pairing failed". Then I have to delete the device & pair it again.

Not sure I feel its an issue with Blackberry or with Head Unit?
Old 16th January 2013, 22:38   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Just an update.

My June'11 car has now done 18K kms. The front coil springs have been replaced under warranty. The front is a stiffer and improves road handling big time. All the road humps do not scrape the bottom now.

Overall great improvement

Cheers

KPS
Thanks KPS, My car too is from June 2011 and used to bounce earlier. I complained about it to KUN and mentioned that there was a TSB from Hyundai for changing the Front coil springs; actually showed them your post + mentioned that I could source a TSB from another service center. They changed the front coils after that.

2 major improvements:
1) The ground clearance of the car is increased. There is a visible increase.
2) The suspension is significantly stiffer !! The effect is superb !! No more bouncing !! Drove from Hyd - Blore - Udupi - Chikmanglur - Belur - Blore - Hyd (2200kms) in 5 days after this and I'm very satisfied with it !!

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks