Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 00:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Skoda Vrs. The silver beast comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hey guys, the car is running fine now. Just needed a little help from you guys. Can anyone suggest a good and honest workshop for Skoda in Mumbai? I need to get some minor suspension work done. Used to go to Four Seasons Automobiles, but lately their service and expertise are going down the drain. So I'm looking for someone reliable in Mumbai. Please let me know if you guys can suggest anything. Thanks in advance.
I dont think i need to congratulate you. I really did like the car ALOT when i sat in yogens and yours for the sheer power of it.
BUT thats all that there is too it. The VRS's are ageing now. and parts have gone for a toss. Hard suspension, Hard ride, Hard clutch, Horrible rear backseat. Hard to push horn. Bad FE, Lights keep fusing. No centre arm rest. S.eats get soooo dirty. All in all 3 on 10.

Go to kaushiks mech hes good. also jesals guy is good also. But if you want to go to a proper garage then Pai near santacruz police station. and a really really good one but expensive is toyato tech in bandra.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I dont think i need to congratulate you. I really did like the car ALOT when i sat in yogens and yours for the sheer power of it.
BUT thats all that there is too it. The VRS's are ageing now. and parts have gone for a toss. Hard suspension, Hard ride, Hard clutch, Horrible rear backseat. Hard to push horn. Bad FE, Lights keep fusing. No centre arm rest. S.eats get soooo dirty. All in all 3 on 10.
Thanks Dan. You have cracked the code yourself bro "For the sheer power of it." That's what we live for, don't we. The 0-100 in 7.5, the needle crossing 210, the 'butterflies in your stomach' cornering makes us forget all the other niggles. After all, you have two options. Thrill or comfort. I'll choose thrill till the heart is young. Once I get really old, i might go in for comfort. Till then... Pedal to the metal!!!
Old 7th July 2011, 16:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Oh nice, i dint know that you have started a thread!!! CONGRATS!!!

Its a great buy for sure, the power is worth all the money spent(to be spent but thats a part of the game i guess)

And i am sure you will enjoy it even more after the long gap since you drove your own car last.
Old 28th July 2011, 00:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dan. You have cracked the code yourself bro "For the sheer power of it." That's what we live for, don't we. The 0-100 in 7.5, the needle crossing 210, the 'butterflies in your stomach' cornering makes us forget all the other niggles. After all, you have two options. Thrill or comfort. I'll choose thrill till the heart is young. Once I get really old, i might go in for comfort. Till then... Pedal to the metal!!!
@adman you got it right, the sheer power in the car is pure joy. I have a stage2 (240 bhp) petes done with all the mods except a LSD and I love the car for the last two years since I got it done. But a remapped car is a different beast. It is very important that you choose the correct mapping. Do get in touch if you like before you carry out any mods so I could give you the pros and cons. You could check out my car sometime to see the difference.

safe drives
Old 17th August 2011, 13:44   #50
BHPian

Hi Adman,
Congrats and welcome to the 150 bhp club. Btw where in Mumbai can you do a 210 (kmph) eh ? I feel you should attempt 210 only with good tyres. The goodyears on my TPI restrict my speeds to a max of 180. How much does the BOV cost and where are you planning to get it from ? Guys is a Turbo Timer available in India ? That would make us 2 minute faster

Last edited by rxpaul : 17th August 2011 at 13:47.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Hi Adman,
Congrats and welcome to the 150 bhp club. Btw where in Mumbai can you do a 210 (kmph) eh ? I feel you should attempt 210 only with good tyres. The goodyears on my TPI restrict my speeds to a max of 180. How much does the BOV cost and where are you planning to get it from ? Guys is a Turbo Timer available in India ? That would make us 2 minute faster
Thankjs rxpaul. I've crossed 210 on the expressway. In Mumbai, going beyond 50 is an achievement I think a good BOV might cost around 8-10k, will get it later from KS motosport or someone else. Turbo timers are available in India, you can check with AR motosport or KS for the same.
Old 4th March 2012, 17:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Adman , hows the vRS running ? By the way , i was scrolling some posts related to the vRS' and found that - Adman77 , Ashish22 , AbhinavG88 , and me, Sajid33 , have vRS , and we all have double digits attached to our name , and are vRS lovers ! there might be more in this line but these names came to my mind right now , but double digits with our names and our cars surely pack us together in a group, dont you think ?
Old 4th March 2012, 18:15   #53
Team-BHP Support

Any updates on the vRS, Adman? I've been looking forward to some pictures,and maybe a video or two, of your Octy's drive-bys. Keen to listen to the BOV. I presume it's on the second-set of tyres. (sorry, if I've missed that bit somewhere!) What's it's health?
Old 6th March 2012, 14:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Any updates on the vRS, Adman? I've been looking forward to some pictures,and maybe a video or two, of your Octy's drive-bys. Keen to listen to the BOV. I presume it's on the second-set of tyres. (sorry, if I've missed that bit somewhere!) What's it's health?
The car's still bone stock and running fine. Got the bushings changed and the suspension overhauled a few months back. Still haven't found the time to get a BOV installed. Hopefully, will do it soon. Health wise, it's perfectly fine
adman77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks