BHPian

Re: BMW X1 JOY Unplanned!!! X1-20d, a First on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
What a car, absolute beauty. Absolute WOW! Nice colour too. :P
Thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodboid View Post
Hey. Didn't quite realize that buying a BMW would be this embarrassing!

There is NO WAY you will NOT find a comfortable driving position in this car. It's just not possible.

the seats give you enough options to get completely engulfed and feel like you're part of the car.

However the lag from when you press down on the accelerator to when the car finally reacts (after a second) is rather annoying.
Is it that you are over 6 feet? i guess the seating position is supposed to be better than what you would find on a 3 series, that i believe was one of the basic design concepts in the car. unfortunately yes there seems to be a disconnect between where you sit and the steering wheel, get used to it soon.

That one second of eternity after which the car responds when you kick down. Believe me here that one second is much more on cars like the A4 2.0 & the older passat.yes that one second just might be the difference in that overtaking opportunity closing out.Probably i guess more to do with getting used to an A/T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats on the ride, Abishek! Been following the other thread you had in the 'What Car?' section so it's nice to see the final outcome!
Thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Great car.. congratulations!

Any particular reason you chose white? or is it that you just fancy the colour

Marrakesh brown seemed to show a lot of dirt once the car was dirty, when i saw the same colour at the dealer's lot.after my black honda had enough of dirt showing up at the slightest hint of the car being dirty.
White was the most easily available colour at the time of booking.Cashmere silver which i wanted was not available as per showroom bmw factory was producing only limited colors on the X1 at the time of booking,which however seemed to be a lie later

Last edited by abishek2222 : 13th July 2011 at 21:43.
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Marrakesh brown seemed to show a lot of dirt once the car was dirty, when i saw the same colour at the dealer's lot.after my black honda had enough of dirt showing up at the slightest hint of the car being dirty.

White was the most easily available colour at the time of booking.Cashmere silver which i wanted was not available as per showroom bmw factory was producing only limited colors on the X1 at the time of booking,which however seemed to be a lie later
Just booked an X1 today, will get the delivery on 5th March, confused with the color, though have booked Marrakesh Brown, what is your opinion and which color would you have chosen for a second time, the dealer is ready to change the color even on the day of delivery as he has some colors readily available in stock.
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Just booked an X1 today, will get the delivery on 5th March, confused with the color, though have booked Marrakesh Brown, what is your opinion and which color would you have chosen for a second time, the dealer is ready to change the color even on the day of delivery as he has some colors readily available in stock.
You can check out my Ownership thread for another color option, looks gorgeous on the X1
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:53   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would buy Silver because it is easy to maintain and dirt and scratches dont show up as much on it as they would on any dark colour. In our particular conditions these are a reality - dust, dirt and scratches. Buying an expensive car is great but keeping it looking pristine is not easy in the conditions in which we live here in India.

Quote:
Old 3rd March 2012, 17:39   #51
BHPian

Quote:
what is your opinion and which color would you have chosen for a second time.

Markkesh brown is a great color no doubt, but its just that simply the dirt tends to stand out on it, its probably the best color for the X1. others Remember black is a detail'rs dream color its easy to show the shine difference before and after polishing.With silver and white its difficult to get that difference once its polished.Cashmere silver still is my second choice.

you can also check out BIMMERPOST | BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog for more owner pictures/colors.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 3rd March 2012 at 17:41.
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:57   #52
BHPian

Thanks for the tips abhishek, i have changed the color to white as when i went today morning to provide the final documents, i saw a 4 month old X1 in Marrakesh brown color being driven in for servicing and i lost my senses, since it was dirty the vehicle was looking like 4 years old. Sales guy was forthright in telling me that each time i drive the vehicle back to home everyday i need to have my cleaner ready, else the dirt will stand out. Now that is something which is not possible for me, so better to stick to a proven color and one that looks good on X1 too. Will get the delivery on 5th evening, will post photos of it in a new ownership thread.
Old 4th March 2012, 16:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Sales guy was forthright in telling me that each time i drive the vehicle back to home everyday i need to have my cleaner ready, else the dirt will stand out.

Good thing you did go with white,at least the minor scratches from 2 wheelers slipping around your bumper won't be visible unless on closer inspection.
You could look at the accessories for the car. the BMW rubber mats are 9,000 but are an exact fit available in black and beige, the other alternative is the 3D mat.you could get yellow bulbs changed to white LED lights in the interior of the car another 7,000. Anyways congrats hope to see your review soon.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 23:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post

Good thing you did go with white,at least the minor scratches from 2 wheelers slipping around your bumper won't be visible unless on closer inspection.
You could look at the accessories for the car. the BMW rubber mats are 9,000 but are an exact fit available in black and beige, the other alternative is the 3D mat.you could get yellow bulbs changed to white LED lights in the interior of the car another 7,000. Anyways congrats hope to see your review soon.
Abhishek, thanks for all the updates that you gave me before the purchase of X1.

I have got delivery of X1 on 5th March and also had a long drive from Delhi to Jammu (Vaishnodevi) via Amritsar, that also gave an opportunity to drive it on almost all kinds of terrains in last 10 days or so and now have a nice feel about it, will post an ownership review once i cross the 5k mark, i have already done 1700 km in the last 10 days and enjoying every bit of it.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 15th March 2012 at 23:33.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 09:55   #55
BHPian

Hi Abhishek,
I have an offer to buy a used X1 diesel highline from a showroom in Maharastra and the vehicle was used as a democar. The car has run about 25k kms and is a 2010 model. I want to know a few things from you about the X1 such as the average service cost, cost of regular running items such as brake pads, fuel filter, oil filter, oil etc, the average life of the runflat tyres and overall service experience with BMW. The offer has come to me from a person in the service centre and he has assured me that the vehicle will be completely serviced and updated before selling it to me. So I am pretty sure that I will get the car in a good condition.
I further want to know how well the X1 can handle bad, patchy, unpaved roads and high and large speed brakers. I am not rich enough to buy a new X1 and I am not acquainted with the maintenance costs of the premium brands as till now I have owned Marutis, Tatas and Hyundais. So please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by patil : 25th October 2012 at 09:58.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi Abhishek,
I have an offer to buy a used X1 diesel highline from a showroom in Maharastra and the vehicle was used as a democar. The car has run about 25k kms and is a 2010 model. I want to know a few things from you about the X1 such as the average service cost, cost of regular running items such as brake pads, fuel filter, oil filter, oil etc, the average life of the runflat tyres and overall service experience with BMW. The offer has come to me from a person in the service centre and he has assured me that the vehicle will be completely serviced and updated before selling it to me. So I am pretty sure that I will get the car in a good condition.
I further want to know how well the X1 can handle bad, patchy, unpaved roads and high and large speed brakers. I am not rich enough to buy a new X1 and I am not acquainted with the maintenance costs of the premium brands as till now I have owned Marutis, Tatas and Hyundais. So please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.
First a question before i try to answer your questions, what kind of warrant are they offering, since we have 3 years / 60000 km warranty on these cars, do they give you free years / kms for the extended period that they have used the cars.
Old 25th October 2012, 18:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
First a question before i try to answer your questions, what kind of warrant are they offering, since we have 3 years / 60000 km warranty on these cars, do they give you free years / kms for the extended period that they have used the cars.
Hi Rajeshchand,
Well I will not be given any warranty of any sort, but I have been promised that the vehicle will be completely serviced and given to me in a mint condition after replacing the necessary things such as brake pads etc., so the immediate costs of reparis or service. So my concerns are about future maintenance costs and other issues mentioned in my original post. Thanks.
Old 25th October 2012, 18:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajeshchand,
Well I will not be given any warranty of any sort, but I have been promised that the vehicle will be completely serviced and given to me in a mint condition after replacing the necessary things such as brake pads etc., so the immediate costs of reparis or service. So my concerns are about future maintenance costs and other issues mentioned in my original post. Thanks.
Quote:
Hi Abhishek,
Average service cost depends a lot on the usage of your vehicle, using is a different perspective from abuse. Average service cost can be anywhere from 20k to 40k depending on what had been done, but just basic service cost can be around 20k. Regarding driving, safety, handling etc it is much better than many cars on Indian roads even after having done 25k km, that is for sure. One piece of advice though, you need to see the cost effectiveness of this decision in the long term perspective rather than thinking from the cost of a new car. Let me explain, if you are getting this car for throw away price or dirt cheap, then there may be a point of view that even if you incur some maintenance expenditure in the ownership it is worth the cost, but if you are meeting an above average selling price and then shell out money for maintenance which otherwise would not have happened with a new car there is something to think about. Take a conscious decision keeping this point of view, reliability of the vehicle on all terrains is without doubt and it will give you long enough service on the existing parts (even after 25k kms) but do calculate the cost effectiveness over a 2-3 year period depending on your usage. I am surprised as to why there is no warranty left for that vehicle, you need to ask this question to the dealer. You also need to ask another question, as to which are the parts that they will be replacing before selling you the vehicle, just saying vehicle will be handed over in good / mint condition should not satisfy you, just ensure that you know which all are the parts that have been changed.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 25th October 2012 at 18:58.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 19:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
My 2 cents on your query - First of all, the X1 is a great piece of machinery if you look at it from a driver's point of view. It handles and drives like a true entry level BMW and since its a highline you'll surely love the equipment list that's present. Regarding the X1's capabilities, it can easily conquer the urban bad roads and large speed breakers but I won't say it should be compared against an SUV in those areas. Be nice to the gas pedal and it will happily return you around 11 kmpl combined. All the best for your new car

PS: Mind sharing/inboxing the price you've been quoted?

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 25th October 2012 at 19:10. Reason: Just saw the points mentioned by Rajesh... Removed few similar points...
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 19:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhishek,
I want to know a few things from you about the X1 such as the average service cost, cost of regular running items such as brake pads, fuel filter, oil filter, oil etc, the average life of the runflat tyres and overall service experience with BMW.
I think he has already given you a detailed reply, However given an assumption that you are getting a good deal. The positive part being that the car has run 25 thousand.most of the things you have mentioned i.e brake pads, fuel filter, oil filter, oil etc, All of these are covered in the BMW maintenance plan, are you planning to take it? as of now i have not spent anything except pay for the BMW service inclusive which is about 2 lakhs at the time of purchase of the car.Ride quality wise. the car has a firm suspension so on a potholed road, you would have to drive slowly, the bmw suspension you would feel the difference at 150+. at low speeds hmm.The average life of the runflat tyres i cannot comment since the tyres where replaced at 10,000 km for free due to an alignment issue and currently i have done 27,000. No complaints about the bmw service.On the whole i can say that servicing a bmw is no doubt an expensive proposition compared to the cars you mentioned. If you need anything more don't hesitate to ask. Lastly the car has never scrapped any speedbreaker's ever until date.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 25th October 2012 at 19:37.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks