Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 21:30   #91
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

[quote=mathranik;2352707]Finally, I got it home!

After much speculations, discussions, debates and arguments, I decided on the New Verna CRDi 1.6 SX(O) White. The dealer principal happened to be a very good friend of mine, and the premium that I eventually had to pay for a on-the-spot delivery was far lower than the going market rates. Cruze lost out on late deliveries, and Skoda Laura on horror after-sales stories (Cannot risk it - especially when the car is meant for my parents).

Congrats on ur New Fluidic
Old 24th May 2011, 22:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the great buy. The rear quarter looks absolutely smashing.

Please drive safe, 170 is not a safe speed in India (even on the Baroda - A'bad expressway). And even if today's engines come run-in from the factory, it makes sense to let all the other associated parts settle in as well.

Drive safe, and hope you have many happy miles with your new car.
EssYouWe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 22:09   #93
BHPian

I have taken all of your advices seriously, and have made it a point not to exceed 120 until atleast 3k kms on the clock.

On a separate note, I noticed the car is stark darkness today - I have to say this, it looks terrific with the bright tail lamps and the funky fog lamps. Let me try some night DSLR shots tomorrow night!

Completed 2000 kms today, and the car continues to impress me. It returns an FE of ~19 kmpl. The rear seats have grown on the occupants too. It continues to garner attention from the passer-bys. Parked by the Civic a couple of days back, I couldn't help but notice how ANHV looks as big as the Civic, and even smarter! Touchwood, I should say.

No footwear upgrade for me for atleast another couple of months. Sun roof would come up after the monsoon, lest I risk the leather getting drenched in leakage

Last edited by mathranik : 25th May 2011 at 22:23.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:14   #94
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Complete 2000 kms today, and the car continues to impress me. It returns an FE of ~19 kmpl.
Whoa 2000 kms in 9 days! That is some serious running. FE is looking very good.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:47   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess a 300km - 300km - 400km cycle [total of initial 1000kms] should be followed for running in. For the first 300kms, the rev should be limited to 2500 rpm. For 300 - 600 KM, rev to 3500 rpm. For 600 - 1000 km, red line the car in the first 2/3 gears! Also it needs to be noted that the rpm should be varied and not kept constant for 600 - 1000 km range. A car properly run-in will return lots & lots of happy smiles for years.

Quote:
Let me try some night DSLR shots tomorrow night!
We are waiting.

Quote:
Completed 2000 kms today, and the car continues to impress me. It returns an FE of ~19 kmpl.
Thats a terrific mileage for such a stonker. Could you provide a break up of City Vs Highway runs & usage of A/C and speeds maintained?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th May 2011 at 23:52.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:13   #96
BHPian

Congrats Mathranik! The car looks great in white!

I have one question for you. I will be taking delivery of my car in the last week of June and intend to upgrade the audio system to better speakers and add a sub but will retain the HU like you did.

My question is - How did you connect the amplifiers. Does the HU have pre-outs or did you have to use an interface? I would appreciate if you can explain the process to me.

Thanks a bunch!

Congrats again and happy mile crunching!!

Tassem.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:56   #97
BANNED

Congrats on your new Verna Mathranik, its definitely a looker.
Some bonus info for you;

Quote:
Production date of your car : 30-04-2011
also attaching the feature list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Verna1.6L.pdf (31.1 KB, 2182 views)
Old 28th May 2011, 06:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Congrats on your new Verna Mathranik, its definitely a looker.
Some bonus info for you;

also attaching the feature list.
Thanks for that! I appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
My question is - How did you connect the amplifiers. Does the HU have pre-outs or did you have to use an interface? I would appreciate if you can explain the process to me.
It was a straight fit, as there are pre-outs on the head-unit. I have a 2-channel amplifier for the bass tube, and a 4-channel amp for the co-axials and component speakers. The sound quality is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Thats a terrific mileage for such a stonker. Could you provide a break up of City Vs Highway runs & usage of A/C and speeds maintained?
I would say 70-30 in favor of highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Whoa 2000 kms in 9 days! That is some serious running. FE is looking very good.
I mentioned my crazy running. We average 5000 kms a month, and this is with two other cars in my garage - a Swift Dzire and an Innova.
Old 29th May 2011, 00:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
It was a straight fit, as there are pre-outs on the head-unit. I have a 2-channel amplifier for the bass tube, and a 4-channel amp for the co-axials and component speakers. The sound quality is incredible.
That's just fantastic! I can't believe Hyundai went with a stock HU with pre outs! Most car owners can't upgrade with amps cause of this one simple miss. I can now simply xfer the audio setup from my existing car to this. How many pre-outs are there? Front/Rear or Front/Rear/Sub?

Thanks again!
Old 29th May 2011, 00:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mentioned my crazy running. We average 5000 kms a month, and this is with two other cars in my garage - a Swift Dzire and an Innova.
Man! You don't need a car. You need a home-on-wheels van

The FE of 19 with those speeds is incredible. Mate, do keep updating on the FE too.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 13:46   #101

Congrats Mathranik....I am sure its a great Drive.

This is my maiden post!!!!!!!
I recently booked my Vento and delivery is sometime June end. But I am pretty confused after seeing the Verna Fluidic. Saw the car today, couldnt take it for a test drive. I liked it otherwise. The one major thing that worries me us that OVERDRIVE and few others mentioned its lack of stability, poor steering feedback at higher speed....
I am a pretty passionate driver and greatly enjoyed my highway drives (bangalore - kerala) once in a month and at max speed of 140 kmph.

I was very comfortable with the stability and handling of my swift at higher speeds....Would I feel terrible with verna compared to swift?

I would be great....if someone can throw some light on this feature of verna...
Old 30th May 2011, 09:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijojackson View Post
Congrats Mathranik....I am sure its a great Drive.

This is my maiden post!!!!!!!
I recently booked my Vento and delivery is sometime June end. But I am pretty confused after seeing the Verna Fluidic. Saw the car today, couldnt take it for a test drive. I liked it otherwise. The one major thing that worries me us that OVERDRIVE and few others mentioned its lack of stability, poor steering feedback at higher speed....
I am a pretty passionate driver and greatly enjoyed my highway drives (bangalore - kerala) once in a month and at max speed of 140 kmph.

I was very comfortable with the stability and handling of my swift at higher speeds....Would I feel terrible with verna compared to swift?

I would be great....if someone can throw some light on this feature of verna...
Having completed 2650 kms to-date with my New Verna in 14 days, here is what I have to say about the car and living with it:

- Steering : It is incredible to note how light it is, in a good or a bad way. As mentioned by someone else here, it is an absolutely boon in the city. Clubbed with the slick gearshift, I would rate it to be one of the best cars in the city, of course, putting in to picture its engine capabilities, lack of turbo lag, great air-conditioning and very supportive front seats. In continuation with the steering discussion, on the highways it sure feels lifeless and non-responsive. I do not know how other's like their car to be, but for me it is perfectly fine to drive a car with a non-responsive steering on the highway @ 120 kmph, as long as it does not misbehave or sends 'wrong' responses! Steering feel, for me overall, would be 8.5 / 10

- Handling : Is it not as sure-footed as some of the better handlers - Absolutely. Does it handle like a boat - No! I have said this before, but let me emphasize - Up to 120kmph, I see no difference in its handling when I compare it to my Innova or Dzire. I know I am comparing orange with tomatoes, but I have lived with the other two cars for 100,000 + kms each! Now, let me add to this statement. With the two trips I have taken to Ahmedabad from Surat (600 kms round), the first one was just two people on-board, and the next one was with five on-board. The ride is extremely bouncy at speeds over 110kmph with five people, and it does jump quite a bit over slightly uneven roads or bumps. We have been blessed with some of the best highways in Gujarat, and hence the average speed is 100+ all the time.

I understand such cars were not meant to be driver's cars, but yet, I was disappointed with its ride with 5 people in it. Is there something that can be done to reduce the bounciness? Something with the suspension? Maybe under-inflate the tyres?

Finally - for me, my car has to be a complete package. We have been blessed with decent choices in India recently, but none among them is perfect. Some of them have roomy interiors, the others have great dynamics, a couple of them are very fuel efficient and some are great lookers. To choose the best among the worst (or to pick the best mix), I don't see any other car this price or even slightly higher to have such a great bundle of positives - awesome looks, great interiors, very loaded, stonker of an engine, very fuel efficient (Read - 18.7 kmpl over 2650 kms) and Hyundai service network. Oh, and did I mention, great safety features? Braking is top-notch.

My two pence.
mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 09:45   #103

Quote:
Having completed 2650 kms to-date with my New Verna in 14 days, here is what I have to say about the car and living with it:
==========
Oh, and did I mention, great safety features? Braking is top-notch.

My two pence.

That is a great feedback. You are absolutely right when you said that there are very few cars with the PERFECT package. Its all about what you need and what you can give away. Again!! thanx a lot for the reply. I would spent sme more time on this as I have couple more days to finalize.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:07   #104
BHPian

2600 km in 2 weeks is hell of a running. Good to see the car is growing on you as you eat away the miles. The equipment list on the ANHV is truly amazing.

You mention the ride quality with 5 adults wasn't great. Could that be due to the low profile tyres (195/55)? I also heard someone mention that the tyres seem to almost scrape the wheel arches with the car fully loaded (something I have seen in the Civic). Is that true?

Last edited by fuel_addict : 31st May 2011 at 14:08.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:29   #105
BHPian

Congrats on being first in your city to own verna.
Your Car Run you have done in two weeks is certainly great and it helps people know how the car performs.

Great info, keep up the good work.
We await your DSLR Pics. Post lots of them

Also one thing people have not yet noticed or posted, or I've not pointed out.
there's no way one could check if verna shown in pic is a Petrol or a diesel version.
check the pic posted by mathranik

Am I missing anything which can let you know which one is petrol and which one is Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks