Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Accessories

Sun Films
Finally decided on 3M CR 70 front windshield sunfilm.
Does CR 70 mean 70% transparency? 9at least that is what it says in 3M site), else how would one see through the windshield while driving?

How about the rear and the side windows? I believe they would need to have at least 40-50% transparency to comply witht he regulations, and to allow proper visibility during night driving. Would be thankful if you could clarify these points.

@Mods: Don't know how to quote two different posts in reply (tried multi-quote button, but it doesn't do anything? ), please merge with my earlier post as necessary.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
@Mods: Don't know how to quote two different posts in reply (tried multi-quote button, but it doesn't do anything? ), please merge with my earlier post as necessary.
Press the 'Multi-Quote' button on each post you'd like to quote and then hit the 'New Reply' button on the bottom or top left of the page (same area where you find the page numbers listed, but on the left side).

anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:10   #48
BHPian

thanks anekho.
I was wondering how to do the same.Everytime i press multiquote nothing was happening, and I attributed it to my newbie status.Again the same happened when i just shot up a level yesterday. Thank you for clarifying
Old 24th May 2011, 08:46   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice leather upholstery. Can you please give me an idea of the cost and the brand by checking with your friend? Thanks in advance!
the seat covers came to 6734/ plus 1000/ as labor charges. it was fitted at the showroom. No idea on the brand though.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
One more model from JVC was recommended by Junction: Model AVX746 (Check the link). But this doesnt have GPS built-in :(

Totally confused
I checked at Favara Car Fittings on Banerghatta Road, and it seems similar JVC HUs costs 22K; however, adding GPS, I guess will push up the cost by another 10K or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
the seat covers came to 6734/ plus 1000/ as labor charges. it was fitted at the showroom. No idea on the brand though.
Does that mean it's art leather? Also, only seat covers, not a complete change in the upholstery?

It looks very good though with it's wrinkled feel, one can't tell the difference in the picture!
Old 24th May 2011, 12:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I checked at Favara Car Fittings on Banerghatta Road, and it seems similar JVC HUs costs 22K; however, adding GPS, I guess will push up the cost by another 10K or so?
That , I think, is a reasonably sweet deal too. Do check out Subodh's HU in the Sound off and show off section as well.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:54   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does that mean it's art leather? Also, only seat covers, not a complete change in the upholstery?

It looks very good though with it's wrinkled feel, one can't tell the difference in the picture!
Yes, it's art leather and only the car covers. Looks pretty good for that price.

BTW, I will be checking some art leathers today for my Vento. If everything goes well, I shall be installing them this weekend. If it's done, I shall update my ownership thread.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's art leather and only the car covers. Looks pretty good for that price.

BTW, I will be checking some art leathers today for my Vento. If everything goes well, I shall be installing them this weekend. If it's done, I shall update my ownership thread.
Naveen, where are you getting the art leather done from? Do they strip off the old furnishing and then make a perfect fit of the new leather seats?
Old 24th May 2011, 13:01   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Naveen, where are you getting the art leather done from? Do they strip off the old furnishing and then make a perfect fit of the new leather seats?
I will be checking some shops in Cochin today. No idea how they are going to do it. For pure leathers, they will strip the old fabric seats but not sure for art leathers. Think they will install on top of the old fabric.

Anyways will check on that keep you all updated. Just want to make sure i find the right stuff. Looking for the ones similar to the Fiesta Leathers. Really liked that on my Fiesta. Similar to the pic of the vento that I had shared. The one with the wrinkle effect.
Old 24th May 2011, 22:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I will be checking some shops in Cochin today. No idea how they are going to do it. For pure leathers, they will strip the old fabric seats but not sure for art leathers. Think they will install on top of the old fabric.

Anyways will check on that keep you all updated. Just want to make sure i find the right stuff. Looking for the ones similar to the Fiesta Leathers. Really liked that on my Fiesta. Similar to the pic of the vento that I had shared. The one with the wrinkle effect.
As far as I have seen, if you go for just the "seat covers", you will get the wrinkle effect, but not the perfect fit & also, it goes on top of the factory seating (without stripping them). Of course, it will be cost effective & can be replaced easily.

However, I decided to go for stanley or similar branded ones; but not right now. I felt like not wasting the already provided & nice seating and to enjoy it for some time. Once it becomes too dirty or once I start getting bored with it, I will get stanley, in which case the factory seating is stripped off before fitting the new one.

The idea is: enjoy the beige seating right now (if you can bear the light color) and then go for a totally different color. Thats my opinion anyway, as I like the tight-fit seating.
Old 25th May 2011, 00:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
LCD HU

I just now saw a new HU from Kenwood India website. Check this link for Model DNX7380BT. Has all the features I need. But am not able to get its exact pricing, though I could get an indicative pricing of 75000+. That is way too much I think!

One more model from JVC was recommended by Junction: Model AVX746 (Check the link). But this doesnt have GPS built-in :(

Totally confused
Quote:
As far as I have seen, if you go for just the "seat covers", you will get the wrinkle effect, but not the perfect fit & also, it goes on top of the factory seating (without stripping them). Of course, it will be cost effective & can be replaced easily.

However, I decided to go for stanley or similar branded ones; but not right now. I felt like not wasting the already provided & nice seating and to enjoy it for some time. Once it becomes too dirty or once I start getting bored with it, I will get stanley, in which case the factory seating is stripped off before fitting the new one.

The idea is: enjoy the beige seating right now (if you can bear the light color) and then go for a totally different color. Thats my opinion anyway, as I like the tight-fit seating.
Totally echo your opinion on the seat covers. I think the perfectly contour fitting seat covers look and feel better and are def more comforatble. The seat covers which you pull on , tend to get wrinkled and get in the way of comfort.

As for the HU. , did you check out Subodh 's ICE thread?

blackdiesel could you give me details on your 3M sunfilm which you used for the side and rear as well and also you finished product photos are pending
Old 25th May 2011, 09:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

True buddy. Even I dont prefer going for the art leathers. Had planned Stanley before but decided to hold it since I'm currently out of budget

Checked Autoform yesterday. Quite impressed with their "U Impress" model. Here's a pic of it.

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-053.jpg

You can also check their site too. The only problem is that since this particular model is "on order" basis, it would take atleast 10 days to arrive. Moreover they quoted 8k for it. I'm looking for the beige (darker shade as seen in Fiesta Sxi).

Will check out my friends car who did it for 7k at the showroom itself. But he had mentioned that it's not comfortable when compared to leathers. But anyways thought of checking it out today.

As you had mentioned, am currently enjoying the OEM seats now. It's been more than 6 months now and seats are all dirty. Moreover, Vento will be with me only for 3 years after which there will be a new baby in the garage. So didnt want to invest on Stanley.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Checked Autoform yesterday. Quite impressed with their "U Impress" model. Here's a pic of it.
You can also check their site too. The only problem is that since this particular model is "on order" basis, it would take atleast 10 days to arrive. Moreover they quoted 8k for it. I'm looking for the beige (darker shade as seen in Fiesta Sxi).

Will check out my friends car who did it for 7k at the showroom itself. But he had mentioned that it's not comfortable when compared to leathers. But anyways thought of checking it out today.
It's looking great Naveen! Cant believe it is just 7000/8000! Is the pic showing art leather seat cover on top of factory seating? If that is the case, it is really nice!

I have one more problem with the factory or for that matter, any seating. If I drive for more than 15km in one stretch, my back gets wet as there is no air flow near the seat support :(
I dont know any practical solution. I thought of using a wooden seat support to create a small gap for airflow. But the Junction accessory shop guy told me even that wont help. Let me know of your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Totally echo your opinion on the seat covers. I think the perfectly contour fitting seat covers look and feel better and are def more comforatble. The seat covers which you pull on , tend to get wrinkled and get in the way of comfort.

As for the HU. , did you check out Subodh 's ICE thread?

blackdiesel could you give me details on your 3M sunfilm which you used for the side and rear as well and also you finished product photos are pending
I just saw the Subodh's thread; going through it. Will try to compare JVC with this.

Will certainly post the pics Ventolute. Just running short of time a bit.

Last edited by blackdiesel : 25th May 2011 at 10:19.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:10   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's looking great Naveen! Cant believe it is just 7000/8000! Is the pic showing art leather seat cover on top of factory seating? If that is the case, it is really nice!

I have one more problem with the factory or for that matter, any seating. If I drive for more than 15km in one stretch, my back gets wet as there is no air flow near the seat support :(
I dont know any practical solution. I thought of using a wooden seat support to create a small gap for airflow. But the Junction accessory shop guy told me even that wont help. Let me know of your experience.
Am not sure whether the attached pic is the art leather but happened to see some snaps from the dealer of a vento having the U impress model. Trust me, it looked great and it was skin fit. So waiting to check out the showroom today to see their art leathers. I prefer this wrinkle effect since this will be more comfortable.

I sometimes experience the same thing especially when on leather seats. Let me tell you my experience. Had used Ikon few years back and have leather seats on them. Was bad since it was hard and my back used to sweat. Then got Fiesta which had OEM leather seats. There are perforated leather seats meaning it had small holes which helped in better air flow (that's what the actual meaning is in theory). But this actually works. Here's a pic showing it.

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-95_l27.jpg

And here's my Fiesta with these perforated leather seats.

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-img_2341.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 13:20   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey blackdiesel, missed out on your thread for a while. Quickly piping in with a couple of points:
  • My AT Highline has the chrome surround on the light switch- it's of Jan '11 manufacture
  • Saw that you were choosing between Kenwood DNX7380BT and JVC AVX746- please confirm if this is a custom fit for the Polo (Vento). Otherwise they will install a custom frame to fit the unit to your car- this costs about 3-4K extra plus you will lose some of the OE feel. The Motevo that subodh has installed and the Caska that I am seriously considering are OE designed for Polo/Vento.
Cheers
Noops
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks