Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 11:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review

Has the Venture been launched with BS4 spec?
I saw it on display in a showroom here in Bengaluru, today.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:08   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Oh yes, of course it is.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:23   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't seen this advert on TV yet, but a good one.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:10   #64
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a nice advt, kind off like the Nano Advt, the play with the words "Bade Dilwale" is a bit too much, have not seen this advt, on the TV, I guess Tata is trying to get the venture access spread across more centres before doing a formal campaign to maximise returns.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:08   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ananth K drops a line saying

Quote:
I was surprised to see a Tata Venture on display in Chennai, Concorde motors. I was very happy when the sales advisor arranged for a test drive. The on-road price of the GX version as of today in Chennai is Rs. 6,27,804. The manager told me that it is a BS IV version and that another variant will be launched costing ~9 lakhs for 2012. I just wanted to share this. Two colors are currently available in stock (white and grey).
Old 4th August 2011, 14:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ananth K drops a line saying
May be they are planning to launch the new variant with safety feautres like ABS/Airbags and one of the Common Rail Diesels - CR4/Multijet.

It'll be a good add on and will complete the lineup, IMO.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Brakes - Discs and Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The one I drove and clicked pics of had all wheel drums. But on driving another specimen in Jammu's national garage, I got the front wheel opened at the workshop. And this is revealed. Thanks trapezio and SAE40 in veins for updating us.
Hi Sid / GTO,

Can a clarification be posted on this issue in the first post along with the braking experience from the disc/drum combo?

1. Which model comes with drum/drum and which is disc/drum?
2. Braking experience on the disc/drum.
3. Was the drum/drum combo a test vehicle then?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2011, 18:21   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO / Ananth k the thought of a 9 lac tata venture indicates a reverse of the strategy that they adopted for the Aria with this time the top model coming in last. It will make for a wide spectrum of prices in which the venture would play. Wonder if it would get buyers for the top varient considering this is a budget people mover segment.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Hi Sid / GTO,

Can a clarification be posted on this issue in the first post along with the braking experience from the disc/drum combo?

1. Which model comes with drum/drum and which is disc/drum?
2. Braking experience on the disc/drum.
3. Was the drum/drum combo a test vehicle then?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, ever since the Tata Venture showcased in the Delhi Car Show, it was described as all wheel drum. Even i remember the broachers came around showing that they are drums. But the forum came to know only after someone removed steel wheel to show it has Disks in Front wheels.

Yes, the base variant with NA diesel engine might have all drum. It is only my assumption and needs to be confirmed.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:55   #70
BHPian

Tata has once again done a better job by bringing Venture. When I saw this in picture, I had under expected on its first looks. But when I saw it in real, this met more than my expectations.

To put some additional information on Venture, I would like to add some points on interiors illumination during night on dashboard.

The seats are very comfortable and you can rely on this for long drives. Leg room in front as well as at middle row is at the best. Even after long haul, your bones will not rattle as compared to other mini vans. The additional AC vents on top with HVAC is a plus point. The top end comes with much features, once can say easily it is fully loaded.

Another interesting feature is the dashboard Instrument Panel Cluster and Clock illumination. The illumination is perfectly balanced for night driving in Venture. Clock is well readable during day as well as during night driving. In some vehicles, the illumination is such that one can comb his hair looking into the rear view mirror. Here, Tata has done a better job.

The engine is 1.4 Turbo Diesel Intercooler (IDI engine). Not to forget, the chrome inserts add some more looks. Attached are the pictures of Venture with illumination at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review-venture_1.jpg  

Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review-venture_2.jpg  

Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review-venture_3.jpg  

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 24th August 2011 at 14:00.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Well, its a nice MPV. Sadly, the high cost and Van like looks is not allowing my family to buy one :(
Old 11th October 2011, 19:25   #72

i was the first to take delivery of tata venture in bengaluru from concorde motors mysore road its been two months since i got the car i have done around 4000 km its poor in milage city around 10km long run about 11 to 12km had lot of problems from the start eg rear sliding door had a dent and was re painted suspention noise reverse gear not engaging fuel gauge not working the vehicle stopped in the road due to engine immobaliser problem later taken back by tata help line the gear box has bean changed the sliding door has bean replaced the clutch seems to be very hard they told me it will be taken care in my 5000 service i will post picks of my mpv very soon
Old 18th October 2011, 00:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Apart from my small car I needed a 7 or 8 seater for a family of 7 adults and 2 kids..Dumping 10l or 12L with Scorpio,Innova or XUV500 which will be rarely once in a month or 8 or 9 times a year is not worth.So for that purpose this family car with AC is worth. I will look for a test drive and consider.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:07   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1_gold View Post
i was the first to take delivery of tata venture in bengaluru from concorde motors mysore road its been two months since i got the car i have done around 4000 km its poor in milage city around 10km long run about 11 to 12km had lot of problems from the start eg rear sliding door had a dent and was re painted suspention noise reverse gear not engaging fuel gauge not working the vehicle stopped in the road due to engine immobaliser problem later taken back by tata help line the gear box has bean changed the sliding door has bean replaced the clutch seems to be very hard they told me it will be taken care in my 5000 service i will post picks of my mpv very soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
my tata venture could not be registerd in banglore since it was BS4 spec
then with a bribe it was registerd in koramangala rto
Old 29th November 2011, 11:20   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Apart from my small car I needed a 7 or 8 seater for a family of 7 adults and 2 kids..Dumping 10l or 12L with Scorpio,Innova or XUV500 which will be rarely once in a month or 8 or 9 times a year is not worth.So for that purpose this family car with AC is worth. I will look for a test drive and consider.
since i am the first person to buy a tata venture in banglore i do not suggest any one to buy this untested badly designed worthless product

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks