Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 16:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1_gold View Post
my tata venture could not be registerd in banglore since it was BS4 spec
then with a bribe it was registerd in koramangala rto
You probably meant to say it was only BS-III compliant.

Sorry to hear about your plight but it is advisable to undertake some basic reasearch before investing lacs into something. You were yourself a bit careless, weren't you?

I suggest you send an e-mail to senior people in Tata Motors' customer service deptt. Don't let the dealer take you for a ride. Once the dealer knows you have connections in the company, he'll deal with you in a much better way.

Wishing you best of luck!
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:21   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You probably meant to say it was only BS-III compliant.

Sorry to hear about your plight but it is advisable to undertake some basic reasearch before investing lacs into something. You were yourself a bit careless, weren't you?

I suggest you send an e-mail to senior people in Tata Motors' customer service deptt. Don't let the dealer take you for a ride. Once the dealer knows you have connections in the company, he'll deal with you in a much better way.

Wishing you best of luck!
thanks for your reply i have already sent a email to the company i am fighting with them for a refund of my money since the vehicle is lying in there work shop for the past two months it was my hasty disition to first buy this vehicle
Old 26th January 2012, 18:02   #78

Quote:
i was the first to take delivery of tata venture in bengaluru from concorde motors mysore road its been two months since i got the car i have done around 4000 km its poor in milage city around 10km long run about 11 to 12km had lot of problems from the start eg rear sliding door had a dent and was re painted suspention noise reverse gear not engaging fuel gauge not working the vehicle stopped in the road due to engine immobaliser problem later taken back by tata help line the gear box has bean changed the sliding door has bean replaced the clutch seems to be very hard they told me it will be taken care in my 5000 servMOTORSice i will post picks of my mpv very soon
I FINALLY GOT MY FULL REFUND FROM TATA
g1_gold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 12:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I FINALLY GOT MY FULL REFUND FROM TATA
Congrats.

Need your input, My cousin is into small time construction business. He is in market for a vehicle which can serve him both as a family/ utility vehicle. Vehicle should be competent to carry few bags of cement/ steel rods etc (basic construction materail). I was suggesting him Venture because it has a diesel engine. Is it the right product for him?
Old 30th January 2012, 13:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Congrats.

Need your input, My cousin is into small time construction business. He is in market for a vehicle which can serve him both as a family/ utility vehicle. Vehicle should be competent to carry few bags of cement/ steel rods etc (basic construction materail). I was suggesting him Venture because it has a diesel engine. Is it the right product for him?
I don't think so given the nature of the material your cousin wants to carry in it. Venture is meant for light applications. He could consider the Sumo Gold or Grande instead. They are much sturdier vehicles with truck type ladder frame chassis.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
I don't think so given the nature of the material your cousin wants to carry in it. Venture is meant for light applications. He could consider the Sumo Gold or Grande instead. They are much sturdier vehicles with truck type ladder frame chassis.
He doesnt not have a high budget. His just a small time business, the requirment of carry goods will be light in nature. For heavy application he has contacts with goods transport owners.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
He doesnt not have a high budget. His just a small time business, the requirment of carry goods will be light in nature. For heavy application he has contacts with goods transport owners.
In so far as budget is concerned, I don't think there's a big price difference between Venture and Sumo Gold which is now a much improved product with CRDI, BS-IV compliant engine and better finishing. It can take a lot of abuse and should last really long.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

I think on the outside it doesnt look like a van designed to carry people. Too much of slab sided sheet metal.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:43   #84

Sid- thats a brilliant review, I took a TD of the venture this morning, I was told that the CX variants have now been discontinued. Only the Ex Gx now remain, the present ORP Hyderabad is EX- 598762 , GX 658301.

I did feel the power to be on the unsatisfactory side. for a moment the time it took for the engine to spool made my feel like I was driving the tata ace.
Nevertheless the engine does not stall, and even the 2nd gear provides enough torque to move on. The gears do have a positive feel to them. It is interesting to observe the way tata engines have evolved and how the older ones still find service in newer products. I would consider the CR4 engine would make reasonable sense in being hooked to the Venture, but the turbomax was chosen, prob to keep costs lower.

The vehicle has comforts that urban families look for, large seating , multi a/c, cup bottle holders and so forth, but the floor height has been kept high, probably keeping in mind the rural usage or the ace platform that it shares.
The high floor being an impediment for older members of the family and making ingress difficult for passengers.

The ride did make me feel insecure and i always had a feeling I would topple over, something like the Omni "The driving on the front wheel syndrome".

The vehicle did feel a value for money offer. If I had to consider a 7 seater city commuter, under 6 Lacs, I dont have much of a choice. (only if i could push another 3.7lacs for the LUV)

I did not drive it on the highways, but i seriously felt it did lack the potential to be a highway jogger, leave alone a runner.

Also, strangely i was told that there isn't a BSIV variant, so i cannot get it registered under metro RTA limits. Which makes me think that TATAs do not wish to project this as a upmarket city family vehicle, at a lower price value. but, a non-urban luxury commuter.

Its sad that I had high expectations, but the engine and the truck like driving position (though with a comfortable seat) did not persuade me to go for it.

Slider
Old 24th August 2012, 20:59   #85

is the bs4 version available? when it will be introduced? and any chance of cr4 engine on venture. seen some where in web search that cr4 engine on venture is under testing. please guide.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

Tata Aria proved to be a market dud. Without any doubt it is the best car made by Tata so far, but the high price could be the reason, Aria did not take off as expected. What about Tata Venture, is it a failure too? Last few months Venture sold less than 300 units per month. In the case Venture price is not an issue, what could be wrong with it. In my opinion, design and quality are the main reasons. Front profile is good, but the rear design is a total let off. Also the built quality is poor. Another reason is lack of power for the engine.
Will there be Venture V2 on the cards? What changes could improve its fortunes? Will Venture be able to compete with Nissan Evalia/AL Stile?
Old 13th September 2012, 12:04   #87
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA cars have rarely been an instant hit in real terms. We seem to take out time to be able to accept them or tend to wait for a V2 version. And though the first cut may itself have been very good in the last few releases since the Vista the second version is further improved.

I believe TATA needs to undertake a major excercise to change the brand perception to get people to accept the first versions itself and also to give their cars their dues rather than having to always fight it out as a VFM product with no rub off Brand purchase pride.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Venture failed due to lack of marketing around it, IMHO. Lot of people don't even know this product exists.

They should launch it with the CR4 engine from the Indica/go sooner than later backed with a heavy marketing/advertising pitch. It'll definitely be a good alternative to the Eeco, if not to the upcoming AL Stile.
Old 6th October 2012, 09:11   #89

IMHO tata venture may not compared with evalia / al stile since the segment and the options available with both are entirely different, as told by most of the participants in the thread tata venture will be a urban commuter with the cheap price.. any idea wats the max speed we can drive this vehicle on highway,,, i mean the safe speed.. is there any tech data available on this ?? or where can i get?? from the tata dealers???
Old 19th September 2013, 19:42   #90
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tata Super Ace Angkot unveiled

Tata has taken the wraps off another Super Ace based vehicle - the Super Ace Angkot, at the Indonesia International Motor Show. It looks like a stretched version of the Venture with an extra row of seats and a high roof:

Tata Venture 1.4 TDi: Test Drive and Review-image.jpg

Image and news credit: IAB

Full article can be found at this link:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/t...gkot-iims-2013

Last edited by RSR : 19th September 2013 at 19:45.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks