Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:20   #61
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Congratulations Charthom. ANHC AT is a very sensible buy and as you have mentioned, it's truely a joyful experience to use the auto unit. It makes driving further stress free for a car that's easy to drive otherwise also. This car is not the feature king, but it has all the basics spot on.

Wish you a many years of happy and hassle free driving and riding experince.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:21   #62
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi charthom, this is the correct tire pressure for ANHC, we were talking of NHC in previous post by drmohitg.

PS - Sometimes the guy at fuel station fills either 32 or 30 in all four tyres. He has to be instructed to fill the correct figure in both front and rear tyres.

I don't understand the reason for filling different pressure in front and rear tyres.
Thats because more weight of the car is infront i.e. engine bay. Like in my Getz, i fill 32psi in all 4 tyres, but the back ones seem visually more inflated than the front ones beacuse of the more weight infront.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:59   #63
BHPian

Congrats Mr charthom, very thoughful reveiw. Looks like you put in your heart when writing the review Happy driving and keep sharing your experiences. I have booked a ANHV, expecting sometime soon. Had to go for ANHV for diesel variant or else City would have been my choice. Great car and enjoy your drives.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand the reason for filling different pressure in front and rear tyres.
The front has to bear the weigh of the engine. Unless you are traveling with 5 people on board with your boot full to the brim, it makes sense to have the front PSI a couple of points higher than the rear. 32PSI all round makes sense only when you are traveling with full load.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:57   #65
BHPian

A few updates in discussion with Honda.Hope we all benefit a bit.

3 months service period is recommended by Honda.Only a visual check up will be done.No payment mostly.6 months one is the proper servicing-change of oil etc.They are using synthetic oil only as per the SE.

Quote:
vb-san:This happens with a lot of fellow bhp-ians who are new to the forum. As I responsible member, just pointed out the option.
Very true.Thanks again.

Quote:
vb-san:would like to know if the factory fitted leather seats are 100% leather, or Leatherette/Artificial Leather?
Confirmed from Honda-They have a tie up with Stanley-the OE leather is pure Stanley leather done by Stanley.

Quote:
bluevolt:Hi charthom, this is the correct tire pressure for ANHC, we were talking of NHC in previous post by drmohitg.
@bluevolt,just confirmed from Honda-it is 32 front and 30 rear.The same is stamped on the plate inside the driver side door.pamishra and sr-71 have given the reasons too.Thanks friends.

Guess we can safely maintain 32/30-hope bluevolt agrees.

Quote:
hydswift:Congrats Mr charthom, very thoughful reveiw. Looks like you put in your heart when writing the review Happy driving and keep sharing your experiences. I have booked a ANHV, expecting sometime soon. Had to go for ANHV for diesel variant or else City would have been my choice. Great car and enjoy your drives.
@pratim & hydswift,thanks ,mates.hydswift-congrats on booking the ANHV.Looks great esp from the profile.If you have no problem with the rear seats being low and if you drive solo most of the time,then the ANHV is a fantastic choice.a manual gear box with a truck load of torque should be really fun.Enjoy!!
Old 24th June 2011, 13:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The leather job on the rear centre arm rest seems to have gone slightly wrong. You should get it re-done from Honda.
@libranof1987,the rear centre arm rest swivels on a hinge.To prevent the hinge from interfering they have left a slight gap while stitching.Not super tidy-but functional.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

^ the stitching on the cloth center arm rest is very accurate do not know why it's shoddy on the leather?
Old 24th June 2011, 13:16   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Confirmed from Honda-They have a tie up with Stanley-the OE leather is pure Stanley leather done by Stanley.
That's pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing the information. The seats look really plush.
Old 24th June 2011, 20:05   #69
BHPian

@dot and sgiitk,

Being Civic owners,please share a few words of wisdom on this-dot has back problem but is driving a Civic which has fairly low seats. We have been told by the doctors that low seats are not ideal for bad backs.Are you comfortable with these seats? sgiitk,any feed back from you kind self?
Old 25th June 2011, 02:01   #70
BHPian

Hey Charthom, Congrats on your excellent buy and an even better review !! I can relate to what you said about EVM VolksWagon because I am also from Cochin and had a similar experience when I visited their showroom at Kundannoor. The sales executives were pathetic and did not seem interested to do their job. I requested for a test drive and they gave me some lame reason, they did not even note down my number. I had already visited the Peninsular Honda showroom and test driven the ANHC but wanted to know more about Vento before I took a decision but the attitude of EVM guys really put me off. I did not want to waste anymore time on Vento and straightaway booked the ANHC. Its been 7 months now since the purchase and I don't regret my decision one bit - its been a joy ride all the way and hopefully continue to remain so!. I am planning to put up a ownership thread soon so will put the details there. I wish you years and years of hassle free driving experience.
Old 25th June 2011, 09:48   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Hey Charthom, Congrats on your excellent buy and an even better review !! I can relate to what you said about EVM VolksWagon because I am also from Cochin and had a similar experience when I visited their showroom at Kundannoor. The sales executives were pathetic and did not seem interested to do their job. I requested for a test drive and they gave me some lame reason, they did not even note down my number.
I am planning to put up a ownership thread soon so will put the details there. I wish you years and years of hassle free driving experience.
@Firebug

Thank you for the comments and wishes.Sorry to note that you too have been the victim of lack of professionalism at EVM motors. I had been suspecting throughout that there must have been something wrong in my approach-now confirmed that it is bad attitude at the dealership.Nice to note that you too are enjoying your ANHC.Can't wait to read your ownership thread!Please post soon.

Rgds,charthom.
Old 25th June 2011, 13:13   #72
BHPian

Hey Charthom,

Congratulations!! I love the color. The second one I like is the habanero red, which I have. I put the 3D kagu mats that you have and they look awesome! My colleagues were simply impressed at the quality and trust me, keeping it clean and neat is very easy. Good luck
Old 25th June 2011, 13:35   #73
BHPian

Charthom,

Something more than I wanted to add. Be prepared for the bottom scraping out, especially if you have 4+1 and some luggage. The only way to reduce the scraping with full load is to be dead slow over speed breakers and try to find a corner that has less height. Impossible in Bangalore though, but I am getting used to it. You will also notice that at times, its the front mud flaps that takes the hit.

You will not be disappointed with the performance. The V-TEC will live up to its reputation and you will also love watching other cars disappear in the rear view mirror as you pass them. Thesedays I am trying to find reasons to take the city out for a ride.

I am getting about 13 as FE in Bangalore with a light foot. On my last trip to Thrissur, I managed 17 with the aircon on all the time. I loved the highway performance of the car.

If you could, please post some more pictures of your car.
Old 25th June 2011, 14:44   #74
BHPian

Charthom, you have made my day. As an owner of the City AT exclusive, I seriously never felt good about it [Hence, no review]. Why? Well, I did not TD other cars and felt it to be lacking features. Also, my family is obsessed with Honda cars and I wanted a change!
But, I have never had a reason to complain. The dealership is super efficient and the car is hassle free.
My observations regarding the car are as follows:
On highways the AT somehow does not feel as relaxed as the manual.
Lack of feel good features like ACC and auto folding mirrors.
The back seat is the best in this segment from the point of view of a tall driver.

Keep posting your experience.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:33   #75
BHPian

Charthom, forgot to ask - have you shelved your plans for a tyre upgrade ?. A few days after buying the car I switched to Michelin Primacy LC (195/60R15) , well that's what most experts in this forum suggested for an upgrade. The first thing you would notice after the change is that the tyre noise has gone down considerably. The car feels more rooted to the ground and is easier to handle which instills a lot of confidence. Ofcourse mileage takes a hit, it currently returns an average of 11.6 kms in the city and 15.7 kms on highways. (full tank - topping method). Not sure whether these are good enough figures for you but thought you might want to know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks