Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 18:59   #46
BHPian

Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
When is your Caska coming?Have you inquired about MEGAAUDIO?They too have similar systems,as per the ads.

Ph:09810369888./info@megaaudio.co.uk/www.megaaudio.co.uk
CASKA is supposed to launch the model for the Fluidic late July. Waiting for it. Of the lot CASKA is the best in these Chinese imports.
Old 16th July 2011, 22:53   #47
BHPian

The only complaint that I've with this car is the 3rd person seating in the rear seat is not comfortable. I would not be surprised if the middle person seating strangles me after sitting there for an hour or so !!

On the other side, I like the engine bahaviour; it is super silent at idle and gives out a muted grunt with raced beyond the 4000 rpm !! Tried some moderate steep turns at 100kmph, did not feel any oversteer or understeer at that speed.

I perfer my Palio's suspension over Verna's at higher speeds, with Palio I don't watch out for any potholes or uneven roads. However Palio's suspension is noisy. Verna's suspension works best at lower speeds since it is soft and absorbs the jerks silently.
Old 16th July 2011, 23:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
CASKA is supposed to launch the model for the Fluidic late July. Waiting for it. Of the lot CASKA is the best in these Chinese imports.
Any sub woofer is in the plans? IMO the Caska's bass needs enhancement. I will consider later,when the budget is in favour
Old 17th July 2011, 00:40   #49
BHPian

Congratulations !

Can you please elaborate on the locking system? Does this has driver controlled locking mechanism or passengers can also lock their individual door?
Old 17th July 2011, 11:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

@jk007

The new Verna is a looker. Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Hi JK, guess I already congratulated you on the buy so would go straight to the question. My friend who bought this car recently works with a hotel in Munnar, a hillstation in kerala. He says while the car is awesome on the plains it is not half as good on the ghats. He says the people in the backseat gets tossed around and the car struggles through the winding roads !. Have you driven uphill anywhere ? Want to know whether its a one off case of bad driving or a general issue !
Hyundais, from my driving experience pay dividends if you are smooth with them. Fast, smooth curves are where you would take them. Real twisties and their handling deficiencies crop up. Not really my choice for aggressive on the limit driving. On uneven B roads the Hyundai i20 is a real comfort compared to my Swift which start bouncing all over the tarmac!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post

I perfer my Palio's suspension over Verna's at higher speeds, with Palio I don't watch out for any potholes or uneven roads. However Palio's suspension is noisy. Verna's suspension works best at lower speeds since it is soft and absorbs the jerks silently.
Being the lightest car in it's class, this is not surprising. But then the mileage gains you get pay off.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 17th July 2011 at 11:20.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:43   #51
BHPian

Hey JK,

Have you taken the car out on the highways yet? Any thoughts about upgrading the tyres or the headlights? I'll be putting a lot of kms on my Verna on the Chennai - Bangalore highway and wanted to know your opinion. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
Congratulations !

Can you please elaborate on the locking system? Does this has driver controlled locking mechanism or passengers can also lock their individual door?
Driver can lock/unlock and control power windows of all the doors while individuals can lock/unlock and control power window of their door only...
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:06   #53
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy. The perfect color for the perfect city car.
I bet you are enjoying every minute on the road inside the city.
The steering is super soft built for traffic busting.

Hows the driving comfort? are you strained not able to see the corners of the car in bumper to bumper traffic?

What was the final amount you paid for the car? Got any accessories?
Did you exchange your accent for it?
Any idea whether they have exchange offers on Hyundai cars?

Enjoy your miles.
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Caska has launched the model for the Verna fluidic. The model is IN193-A
Old 24th July 2011, 10:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Thanks for the breaking news,SR-17. But could not find it on the internet/Caska sites Please give the details,can you?
Old 24th July 2011, 12:24   #56
BHPian

I am not sure if their websites are up to date. But the recent edition of the Autocar India magazine (August edition) has a full page advertisement for caska and the prominent one on the page is the launch of the model "IN193-A HYUNDAI FLUIDIC 2011". Apparently it comes with
- 6.2' LCD, 800x480 HD display
- iPod & MP3 compatibility
- Bluetooth hands-free with A2DP
- Support for steering wheel control
- HD navigation
- Intelligent GUI
- USB port dual zone, screen saver, SD port
- TPMS, rear camera, parking sensor
- handbrake control (optional)

The contact details for Kerala is listed as "Media Team Solutions India" - 9447053329, 0484-6458683
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 12:58   #57
BHPian

Congratulations. Keep us posted on your drives. Is there an intila lag. I found out that it is pretty quite from outside too(Diesel 1.6). The car looks cool from utside. It is much better to look form the back that new fiesta. The high boot helps the look. Is there any other option than caska which provides a good sat nav too.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if their websites are up to date. But the recent edition of the Autocar India magazine (August edition) has a full page advertisement for caska and the prominent one on the page is the launch of the model "IN193-A HYUNDAI FLUIDIC 2011".
Thanks,SR-71 for the details.

jk007-are you reading? Wake up!! The Caska of your dreams is here!! Install quickly and come out with a review.

Quote:
The contact details for Kerala is listed as "Media Team Solutions India" - 9447053329, 0484-6458683
Thanks again SR-71 for the thoughtful act of help. I already have a Caska in my ANHC.

Last edited by charthom : 24th July 2011 at 20:21.
Old 29th July 2011, 16:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
The only complaint that I've with this car is the 3rd person seating in the rear seat is not comfortable.

On the other side, I like the engine bahaviour; it is super silent at idle and gives out a muted grunt with raced beyond the 4000 rpm !! Tried some moderate steep turns at 100kmph, did not feel any oversteer or understeer at that speed.

Verna's suspension works best at lower speeds since it is soft and absorbs the jerks silently.
The rear seats were occupied by 2 friends for over 4 hours without any complaints. If you need to seat 3 people comfortably, IMHO, Manza is the best.

Im due to finish the run-in this week, I have not tried revving 4000 rpm. Its a breeze to drive at 90-100 in the 6th cog. Absolutely smooth.

Im planning to follow @GTO's modification similar to the Civic's rear suspension. Hope that does the trick.

Quote:
Any sub woofer is in the plans? IMO the Caska's bass needs enhancement. I will consider later,when the budget is in favour
Would not recommend a sub for CASKA. Not much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
Congratulations !

The driver can control all the locks whereas Individual passengers can lock/unlock theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Hey JK,

Have you taken the car out on the highways yet? Any thoughts about upgrading the tyres or the headlights? I'll be putting a lot of kms on my Verna on the Chennai - Bangalore highway and wanted to know your opinion. Thanks.
Have you got the fluidic yet? Also, please insist on a zero depreciation policy.

Headlight upgrade a must these days. If you wish do change the alloys and/or tires do so as soon as you get the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Congratulations on your buy. The perfect color for the perfect city car.
I bet you are enjoying every minute on the road inside the city.
The steering is super soft built for traffic busting.
Thank you! Yes I am.

Hows the driving comfort? are you strained not able to see the corners of the car in bumper to bumper traffic?
Driving in the city is a breeze. This car is meant for the City.

What was the final amount you paid for the car? Got any accessories?
OTR 10.8 Lakhs including a zero depreciation insurance policy. Got a set of 3d Kagu Mats. Need to upgrade lights, ICE (esp HU)
Did you exchange your accent for it?
Had sold it myself. Fetched a handsome price.
Any idea whether they have exchange offers on Hyundai cars?
They do exchange any car.
Enjoy your miles.
Will do mate!
Quote:
Thanks. Will check it out soon. Waiting for my 1st service to be through in a week and would pamper my beauty.

Quote:
Thanks,SR-71 for the details.

jk007-are you reading? Wake up!! The Caska of your dreams is here!! Install quickly and come out with a review.
Hehehe... Thanks Chathom! Will get it soon buddy.
Old 30th July 2011, 10:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Have you got the fluidic yet? Also, please insist on a zero depreciation policy.

Headlight upgrade a must these days. If you wish do change the alloys and/or tires do so as soon as you get the car.
Not yet, they promised me the car by the first week of September during booking. I called the sales agent a couple of weeks ago and he said that the allotments will happen on 10/8 and he'll have a clearer picture then.

While booking my car I insisted that I wished to do the insurance outside as they were quoting almost 10K more than the quote I got outside. They initially refused but after I spoke to the manager he agreed to let me do it outside. Thanks for the tip, I'll go for the zero depreciation policy.

I plan to upgrade tires to Michellin 205 while retaining the OEM alloys. Have you changed your tires or headlights?

I also plan to upgrade the speakers and amps. How do you like the sound system in the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks