Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 19:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Oops..I did it again

Guess I need to do my homework right next time I write a review. In the review I wrote the sunfilm make is V-kool but infact its LLumar !!..just found the bills and thought I would upload. Moderators, if you are reading this please help correct this mistake in the review as well as the date of purchase (I wrote 2011 instead of 2010)

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-firebugfilm.jpg

Secondly, my upgraded headlight bulbs are Philips 12569RA 100/90w. I read something on the bulb cover that might interest you ! I didn't know this !!

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-firebugphilipsbulbspecs.jpg
Old 8th July 2011, 19:15   #47
Team-BHP Support

Sun-film worth 8k?! What's special about them? And what do those 2 entries specify - diff. one for the front windshield?

About the lamps : "not approved for public roads"?! You get them from the dealer itself, right? Did you try putting the headlight on highbeam and standing in front to check how harsh/blinding the beam is?
Old 8th July 2011, 20:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Sun-film worth 8k?! What's special about them? And what do those 2 entries specify - diff. one for the front windshield?

LLumar was suggested by my friends who had it installed in their cars. Guess its a brand on the higher side.

Llumar PP 70 - Ultra performance sputtered - visible light 70%, Solar energy rejection -38%, Visible light reflected - 18%, UV rejection - 99%

LLumar steel 50 - High performance sputtered - visible light 50%, solar energy rejection - 41%, visible light reflected - 13%, UV rejection - 99%

Both come with 5 year warranty.

About the lamps : "not approved for public roads"?! You get them from the dealer itself, right? Did you try putting the headlight on highbeam and standing in front to check how harsh/blinding the beam is?
Yep, its on the bulb cover. I got it installed from the dealer only. I did not check the power of the lights the way you mentioned. But then I see in various forums that people are installing more powerful bulbs. Guess the point is, even 90w is illegal going by the cover disclaimer.
Old 10th July 2011, 01:39   #49
BHPian

Today in front of my favorite bakery shop I spotted an incredibly well maintained and good looking Linea parked next to my car !.My mobile phone pic does not do justice to the actual looks of that Black Linea, it indeed looked great !!

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-firebuganhcmeetslinea.jpg
Old 10th July 2011, 08:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Oops..I did it again

Secondly, my upgraded headlight bulbs are Philips 12569RA 100/90w. I read something on the bulb cover that might interest you ! I didn't know this !!
Yes 100/90w is not approved in India for roads, that is the reason manufacturers stick to 60/55w. But these days most get 100/90w fitted soon after they buy a car, as stock bulbs are does not have sufficient throw.
Old 10th July 2011, 09:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Today in front of my favorite bakery shop I spotted an incredibly well maintained and good looking Linea parked next to my car !.My mobile phone pic does not do justice to the actual looks of that Black Linea, it indeed looked great !!

Attachment 574939
Nice Linea. "The Black Beast Bathed in chrome!!" But all that glitters is not ANHC

Where is this favourite bakery?The tiles look familiar!!
Old 19th September 2011, 02:20   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Oops..I did it again

Attachment 574266
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

I belive the area erased or highlighted with the green marker says its not for use in public roads in europe.Please verify.Its another matter that they are illegal indeed.

please dont post misleading photos.
Old 19th September 2011, 02:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
I belive the area erased or highlighted with the green marker says its not for use in public roads in europe.Please verify.Its another matter that they are illegal indeed.

please dont post misleading photos.
In Europe ????. Hello Revintup, the bulb cover pic i uploaded had nothing written about Europe anywhere. I scanned that image from the original cover and I highlighted the area so that attention can be drawn into it fast.. also I don't think what was written on the cover was earth shattering news enough for me to mislead people..bottom line is I found what was written there interesting so I uploaded it..as simple as that !

I also wonder why a philips bulb cover with a calcutta address on it talk about what not to use in Europe.

Well , I just googled "philips 100/90w" for images and came across the below image. Its part of a discussion of another Indian car forum, please see for yourself. Thanks !

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-bulbs.jpg

Last edited by FireBug : 19th September 2011 at 03:02. Reason: to add more content
Old 19th September 2011, 11:45   #54
BHPian

Ok firebug,My bad

Actually i have 130/100 philips in my swift and it was written 'not for use in public roads in europe' on the cover.The workshop guy had got it for me so dont know about the origins of the bulb.And i dont have the packs with me either.Now wondering whether only the 130/100 comes with the 'europe warning'.

The airs cleared i hope?

And my interest in your thread is that i booked a City SMT last week and was wondering whether to go for 130/100 or would 100/90 suffice?
Old 19th September 2011, 13:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
In Europe ????. Hello Revintup, the bulb cover pic i uploaded had nothing written about Europe anywhere.

Attachment 611670
Hey FireBug,

Nice to see that you are back with a bang! and glad to see your thread alive again.

Quote:
And my interest in your thread is that i booked a City SMT last week and was wondering whether to go for 130/100 or would 100/90 suffice?
Hey revintup,

Thanks for shaking up the Kumbha Karna

Regarding the bulb upgrade- I have put 130/100 on my UT beauty.please see the cover.

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-bulb.jpg

I have to admit the visibility has been fantastic. But the suitabilty-I suggest you go though the discussions on mdsaab's thread and mine too on the New City.Especially the inputs by RemingtonSteele. 100/55 with long range is being favoured I believe.

Congrats on the new booking. Update with snaps and a review.All the best.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:31   #56
BANNED

Gentlemen - please note the 'Not Approved for Public Roads'.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Ok firebug,My bad

Actually i have 130/100 philips in my swift and it was written 'not for use in public roads in europe' on the cover.The workshop guy had got it for me so dont know about the origins of the bulb.And i dont have the packs with me either.Now wondering whether only the 130/100 comes with the 'europe warning'.

The airs cleared i hope?

Not an issue bro.. was just trying to clarify my part !. Thanks for bringing me back to Team-bhp ...like Charthom quoted, I was being a kumbh karna.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Not an issue bro.. was just trying to clarify my part !. Thanks for bringing me back to Team-bhp ...like Charthom quoted, I was being a kumbh karna.
Actually i have been following each and every single ownership thread for getting information about honda city reviews and also to get an idea of the discounts available.But i was shocked to see that discounts in kerala are too less.Or is that mallus arent posting about the discounts?

I got 75k off for my SMT,OTR 8.4.

And while i didnt want to wake you up from your slumber,i was pretty sure that you would respond.

And respond firebug did,with FIRE,making sure none would BUG him again

Old 20th September 2011, 22:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i have been following each and every single ownership thread for getting information about honda city reviews and also to get an idea of the discounts available.But i was shocked to see that discounts in kerala are too less.Or is that mallus arent posting about the discounts?

I got 75k off for my SMT,OTR 8.4.

And while i didnt want to wake you up from your slumber,i was pretty sure that you would respond.

And respond firebug did,with FIRE,making sure none would BUG him again

75k ? wow..thats really good..i am one of the unlucky ones who bought it much before the price cut. At the current price, ANHC is very very competitive and if performance is the only criteria will easily thump every other car in this segment hands down.

haha, you are free to bug me anytime revintup..no more spitting fire, i am growing old !
Old 7th October 2011, 20:46   #60

Thanks for the wonderful review. It's amazing how much I share your thoughts and feelings. Infact, I too am a proud owner of a one day old honda city EMT which was bought without even test driving any other car whatsoever.

Went with my friend in my spark to book a jazz for him and accidentally test drove city and ended up booking it the very next day (of course, i too had to go through the tedious process of convincing my wife the need to buy a new car). read this review because i plan to upgrade with mag alloys and wider tyres.
thomaslees is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed