Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:10   #61
BHPian

Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Hey thomas, apologies for the delay in replying to you. Been out of team-bhp for a while. Yep, the similarities are astonishing. I got a spark too . Have you done the tyre upgrade ? Please post pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslees View Post
Thanks for the wonderful review. It's amazing how much I share your thoughts and feelings. Infact, I too am a proud owner of a one day old honda city EMT which was bought without even test driving any other car whatsoever.

Went with my friend in my spark to book a jazz for him and accidentally test drove city and ended up booking it the very next day (of course, i too had to go through the tedious process of convincing my wife the need to buy a new car). read this review because i plan to upgrade with mag alloys and wider tyres.
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:39   #62
BHPian

Last month, me and my friends had travelled to Munnar, a picturesque hill station in Kerala in our good old ANHC, thought will share a few pictures with you. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02554.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02561.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02557.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02564.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02595.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02609.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02616.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02619.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02630.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02811.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_03159.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_03194.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_03200.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_03213.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_03218.jpg  

FireBug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:33   #63
BHPian

Some more pictures :
Attached Thumbnails
Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02563.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02565.jpg  

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-buggy_02562.jpg  

FireBug is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:41   #64
BHPian

Quick Update : My Honda city is now 5 years old, I have covered 54,800 kms so far. I am still amazed by the quality of this car, it drives as smooth as it always did and has never had a break down till date (gosh !! i hope my bad days dont begin now ) . I give the car for service at Peninsular Honda every 3 months without fail. Guess thats the secret, keep the car serviced properly and on time and you have a trouble free car !!.

The only problem i face is the occasional scraping of the bottom which still causes heartburn. I also had an issue with the head lights conking out (they are upgraded with relay) during monsoon season but other than that, its been smooth sailing so far.

The tyres !! My 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LC tyres have been awesome. I have covered over 54k with those tyres and they still have atleast 3k on it. See it for yourself

I recentlly got myself an Audi Q3 but that hasn't stopped me from loving this car. It has always been a joyride with my Honda city
Attached Thumbnails
Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-hondacitytyre.jpg  

FireBug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 08:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Quick Update : My Honda city is now 5 years old, I have covered 54,800 kms so far....

The only problem i face is the occasional scraping of the bottom which still causes heartburn. I also had an issue with the head lights conking out (they are upgraded with relay) during monsoon season but other than that, its been smooth sailing so far.

Congrats on owning such a well maintained & trouble free car. Wishing you more such happy miles. The scraping could be reduced by putting in autorunners/donuts at the back. Linky to same below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 17:12   #66
BHPian

Sumeet, thank you for the suggestion. I am keen to upgrade my car with third party quality accessories now that its more 5 years old. Are there any other quality upgrades that you can think of ? How about air filters ?
Old 30th January 2016, 10:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sumeet, thank you for the suggestion. I am keen to upgrade my car with third party quality accessories now that its more 5 years old. Are there any other quality upgrades that you can think of ? How about air filters ?
If i were you i will prefer to keep her as stock as possible as probably this is the reason for it's stellar reliability. Conical air filter will make for a great intake growl post 3k rpm but the Ivtec is not a mute beast and it's stock sound itself is infectious. All in all your car seems perfect and just needs new tyres.
Old 17th August 2016, 16:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I also had an issue with the head lights conking out (they are upgraded with relay)
It is a pleasure reading your review of ownership over the years. One question I would like to ask is how is the reflector and front glass of head lamp after years of usage with heigher capacity bulb? Have you noticed any blackening/melting/distorsion etc due to heat?

Last edited by srinivaspai : 17th August 2016 at 16:41.
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:04   #69

Hey thomas, apologies for the delay in replying to you. Been out of team-bhp for a while. Yep, the similarities are astonishing. I got a spark too . Have you done the tyre upgrade ? Please post pix.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks