Illusion Audio EL693 Electra Coaxials
Focal Solid 4
8AWG wiring + 2 x Scosche RCA + 60A Safety Fuse
Spacer - Rings (1pairs)
POLO Custom Built Baffled Plate Tray
Labour + Installation + Tuning
Damping Noise-Kill

Total cost about 60K

Out of this about 9K was the cost of JVC HU which a friend got from Dubai. Rest everything was procured by Ramie and
installation done by him.
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion

Since I had couple of more pics while the car was being washed , attached here for viewing pleasure. Also one when on a drive onwards Pune MID was showing 23.1 KMPL mileage, in fact I got 22 via tankful to tankful method.

Thanks to everyone for reading the post and commenting on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-img_0595.jpg  

Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-img_0598.jpg  

Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-img_0599.jpg  

Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 14:14   #33
BHPian

Caught this thread very late :( Congrats & welcome to the Polo club

OT: I'm seeing lots of Polos in Chennai these days. And different colors too!
Old 27th August 2011, 00:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d
Caught this thread very late :( Congrats & welcome to the Polo club

OT: I'm seeing lots of Polos in Chennai these days. And different colors too!
Thanks vw!

Yea # of Polos are increasing here in Mumbai too.
Old 27th August 2011, 01:08   #35
BHPian

Ha ha, fantastic and from the heart. Really enjoyed reading this. I wish auto mags would give us seat of the pants stuff like this (And Clarkson and co on TG!!)
You totally got the masculine vibe from the Polo as well. Never thought of my Baby Schwarz as a she. He's a he through and through!
Mate the Punto does not figure as a competitor except in the looks and handling department. The MJD is slower than a Vista even! The 90HP Punto takes silliness on 4 wheels to another level! It handles beautifully though.
I think Black Stallion will hold his own against the i20 1.4 CRDi on the track due to one crucial characteristic and that is handling! Will lose out in a straight drag but not on the twisties for sure.
I dont think the suspension on the Polo is soft. In fact i found it uncomfortable at low speeds on bad roads. The set up on the Vento is softer for sure.
If one wants leg room and space one shouldn't buy a hatch. As simple as that. We are so obsessed with this value for money nonsense that we tend to lose sight of the actual purpose the car will serve. I have seen people buy bigger cars with more features because they "fit in the budget and are VFM" and then complain and crib about how inconvenient it is to drive due to the size!
BT is really useful as are electric fold mirrors. Not that expensive these days either. What I like about German cars is if they provide a feature, it feels great to use and usually works very well. Take the 320D CE for example. No BT, no screen but whatever is there is a delight to use, it PLEASES THE SENSES! I prefer this scenario to one where the car is loaded but everything is frustrating to use and fails easily.
The OE speakers were quite ok for moderate volumes. As good as any other OE speakers in the segment I would say.
YOU ARE NOT CRAZY, JUST IN LOVE!!
ALL THE BEST MATE. ENJOY THE BLACK STALLION FOR A LONG TIME TO COME!
Old 27th August 2011, 01:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I would not recommend the Kagu 3D mats. Even though they are the best mat you can get in India from aesthetics perspective, they are fabric based. So they can get really dirty, especially in Mumbai kind of rains. Go for the best plastic or rubber based mats and you will still save some bucks.
I have not used the Kagu mats but would go for a fabric type mat over rubber/plastic ones. Rubber mats hold water and cause the car to stink. This is from years of experience in Kerala where it pretty much rains from end of april all the way through to november. I have used good quality carpet mats in my Accent for the past 8 years and they are really easy to clean, just shake them out and vacuum. Use a carpet spray and vacuum once a month. I am trying to get hold of Kagus but just cannot find them here
Old 27th August 2011, 11:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoc View Post
I have not used the Kagu mats but would go for a fabric type mat over rubber/plastic ones. Rubber mats hold water and cause the car to stink. This is from years of experience in Kerala where it pretty much rains from end of april all the way through to november. I have used good quality carpet mats in my Accent for the past 8 years and they are really easy to clean, just shake them out and vacuum. Use a carpet spray and vacuum once a month. I am trying to get hold of Kagus but just cannot find them here
Original 3D Kagu mats are really good. People who sit in my car, can smell only the freshener and nothing less. But lot of duplicates are available in the market, which may use low quality rubber. That might stink.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 15:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Original 3D Kagu mats are really good. People who sit in my car, can smell only the freshener and nothing less. But lot of duplicates are available in the market, which may use low quality rubber. That might stink.
I thought Kagus have a fabric face and only the underside is rubber? Is there any online source to order them from?
Old 27th August 2011, 18:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoc View Post
I thought Kagus have a fabric face and only the underside is rubber? Is there any online source to order them from?
Exactly. Rubber we are talking about is the one on the underside. Fabric face is also very easily cleanable.

Ordering online may be more expensive because of courier charges. You get original ones quite easily - In most accessories shops. I bought them from "The Junction" in 4th block Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Old 28th August 2011, 13:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoc
Ha ha, fantastic and from the heart. Really enjoyed reading this. I wish auto mags would give us seat of the pants stuff like this (And Clarkson and co on TG!!)
You totally got the masculine vibe from the Polo as well. Never thought of my Baby Schwarz as a she. He's a he through and through!
Mate the Punto does not figure as a competitor except in the looks and handling department. The MJD is slower than a Vista even! The 90HP Punto takes silliness on 4 wheels to another level! It handles beautifully though.
I think Black Stallion will hold his own against the i20 1.4 CRDi on the track due to one crucial characteristic and that is handling! Will lose out in a straight drag but not on the twisties for sure.
I dont think the suspension on the Polo is soft. In fact i found it uncomfortable at low speeds on bad roads. The set up on the Vento is softer for sure.
If one wants leg room and space one shouldn't buy a hatch. As simple as that. We are so obsessed with this value for money nonsense that we tend to lose sight of the actual purpose the car will serve. I have seen people buy bigger cars with more features because they "fit in the budget and are VFM" and then complain and crib about how inconvenient it is to drive due to the size!
BT is really useful as are electric fold mirrors. Not that expensive these days either. What I like about German cars is if they provide a feature, it feels great to use and usually works very well. Take the 320D CE for example. No BT, no screen but whatever is there is a delight to use, it PLEASES THE SENSES! I prefer this scenario to one where the car is loaded but everything is frustrating to use and fails easily.
The OE speakers were quite ok for moderate volumes. As good as any other OE speakers in the segment I would say.
YOU ARE NOT CRAZY, JUST IN LOVE!!
ALL THE BEST MATE. ENJOY THE BLACK STALLION FOR A LONG TIME TO COME!
Thanks a ton hossdoc. You got me cent % correct. And if one needs add ons as much get the best ones, for me hands free driving and good audio was must hence plonked the money and got one.

OT: Actually I love Punto and all fiat cars. I was waiting many years for Fiat Bravo to come, it was such a chunky piece. They were displaying on the website too, God knows what happened. If anyone knows any info on that topic do let me know please.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:01   #41
BHPian

Hello All,

I need to let you all know what features the black stallion got activated today. Big thanks to souravc, el lobo, noopster and others that prompted me to take action.

1. Auto door lock activated when speed touches 15 kmph
2. Central locking deactivated once the key is removed from ignition
3. Boot Lock happens at 5kmph (note this is different from door lock) and is a must if you carry your laptop in your boot, (or any other stuff) like I do
4. If I unlock the car via remote, and let's say instead of going into the car I wander around or go back to the elevator to get that something which I forgot, the car locks automatically. I.e after a minute or so. Or if by mistake I come out of the car and proceed without locking the car, it will lock itself. Mind you this will not lock automatically if the car is on, or I had turned the ignition on and now it's ink off position. This is to prevent accidental locking of driver outside the car. Very useful I must say
5. When I used to mock with remote there was no audible beep earlier, but now there is with the horn sounding for 1 msec. There were situations earlier when I would go home and come down again thinking I forgot to lock. Now the audible beep registers in my head better. There was an option for audible beep if say I unlock as well, but I didnt want that, so it's just the way like before

All this done in 30 minutes flat at andheri tornado motors. Steve and Prashant were SA's , they didn't even open job card, just took the car and did in 5 min. Rating service 4.5/5. Pleased.

Let me know if there are any questions, thanks
Frontosa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello All,

I need to let you all know what features the black stallion got activated today. Big thanks to souravc, el lobo, noopster and others that prompted me to take action.

1. Auto door lock activated when speed touches 15 kmph
2. Central locking deactivated once the key is removed from ignition
3. Boot Lock happens at 5kmph (note this is different from door lock) and is a must if you carry your laptop in your boot, (or any other stuff) like I do
4. If I unlock the car via remote, and let's say instead of going into the car I wander around or go back to the elevator to get that something which I forgot, the car locks automatically. I.e after a minute or so. Or if by mistake I come out of the car and proceed without locking the car, it will lock itself. Mind you this will not lock automatically if the car is on, or I had turned the ignition on and now it's ink off position. This is to prevent accidental locking of driver outside the car. Very useful I must say
5. When I used to mock with remote there was no audible beep earlier, but now there is with the horn sounding for 1 msec. There were situations earlier when I would go home and come down again thinking I forgot to lock. Now the audible beep registers in my head better. There was an option for audible beep if say I unlock as well, but I didnt want that, so it's just the way like before

All this done in 30 minutes flat at andheri tornado motors. Steve and Prashant were SA's , they didn't even open job card, just took the car and did in 5 min. Rating service 4.5/5. Pleased.

Let me know if there are any questions, thanks
Great to hear that. I own a Polo 1.6 and have been wanting to get the auto-lock activated ever since I bought it! but sadly, the workshop here refuses to even comprehend me! Could you tell me how these were activated and what exactly to tell the SA? Thanks!
Old 29th August 2011, 19:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Great to hear that. I own a Polo 1.6 and have been wanting to get the auto-lock activated ever since I bought it! but sadly, the workshop here refuses to even comprehend me! Could you tell me how these were activated and what exactly to tell the SA? Thanks!
First tell them you are from Team-Bhp
Tell them to connect the car to VAS. (that computer which has all VW cars software).
Next tell them to go to features and activate that.

I wont be surprised if the SA's dont know about it. First time I checked with a SA in Nerul in Navi Mumbai he wasnt aware and told be, Sir, its available only from Jetta onwards. (Now they all know about it) So you have to insist on them connecting to VAS. And if they have any concerns please call up any other service center in your area which has done it, so they could talk to them. Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll give you SA number in VW who can guide SA in your city.

Last edited by Frontosa : 29th August 2011 at 19:14. Reason: City confusion
Old 29th August 2011, 19:15   #44
BHPian

sorry I see you are in Mumbai itself. which workshop you went?
Old 29th August 2011, 19:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
First tell them you are from Team-Bhp
Tell them to connect the car to VAS. (that computer which has all VW cars software).
Next tell them to go to features and activate that.

I wont be surprised if the SA's dont know about it. First time I checked with a SA in Nerul in Navi Mumbai he wasnt aware and told be, Sir, its available only from Jetta onwards. (Now they all know about it) So you have to insist on them connecting to VAS. And if they have any concerns please call up any other service center in your area which has done it, so they could talk to them. Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll give you SA number in VW who can guide SA in your city.
My friend I am happy that you found the list useful and got it done ! I think I also need to change my service station from Nerul to Andheri . The problem with Nerul is that the front desk folks are pretty lousy , once you are able to reach the mechanics its not so much of an issues though . Often it means that we cannot get suitable clarification at the front desk over the phone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks