Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 19:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa
Hello All,

I need to let you all know what features the black stallion got activated today. Big thanks to souravc, el lobo, noopster and others that prompted me to take action.

1. Auto door lock activated when speed touches 15 kmph
2. Central locking deactivated once the key is removed from ignition
3. Boot Lock happens at 5kmph (note this is different from door lock) and is a must if you carry your laptop in your boot, (or any other stuff) like I do
4. If I unlock the car via remote, and let's say instead of going into the car I wander around or go back to the elevator to get that something which I forgot, the car locks automatically. I.e after a minute or so. Or if by mistake I come out of the car and proceed without locking the car, it will lock itself. Mind you this will not lock automatically if the car is on, or I had turned the ignition on and now it's ink off position. This is to prevent accidental locking of driver outside the car. Very useful I must say
5. When I used to mock with remote there was no audible beep earlier, but now there is with the horn sounding for 1 msec. There were situations earlier when I would go home and come down again thinking I forgot to lock. Now the audible beep registers in my head better. There was an option for audible beep if say I unlock as well, but I didnt want that, so it's just the way like before

All this done in 30 minutes flat at andheri tornado motors. Steve and Prashant were SA's , they didn't even open job card, just took the car and did in 5 min. Rating service 4.5/5. Pleased.

Let me know if there are any questions, thanks
Just the kinda news I needed to hear. Thanks a lot Frontosa. I'm off to Downtown VW tomorrow :-)
Old 30th August 2011, 00:57   #47
BHPian

Re: Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
First tell them you are from Team-Bhp
Tell them to connect the car to VAS. (that computer which has all VW cars software).
Next tell them to go to features and activate that.

I wont be surprised if the SA's dont know about it. First time I checked with a SA in Nerul in Navi Mumbai he wasnt aware and told be, Sir, its available only from Jetta onwards. (Now they all know about it) So you have to insist on them connecting to VAS. And if they have any concerns please call up any other service center in your area which has done it, so they could talk to them. Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll give you SA number in VW who can guide SA in your city.
Quote:
sorry I see you are in Mumbai itself. which workshop you went?
Believe my luck.. Nerul, Navi Mumbai

Let me contact the Nerul workshop again tomorrow and see otherwise I too shall head to Tornado, Andheri!
Old 30th August 2011, 08:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j

Believe my luck.. Nerul, Navi Mumbai

Let me contact the Nerul workshop again tomorrow and see otherwise I too shall head to Tornado, Andheri!
Souravc and el lobo got it done from Nerul so speak to front desk lady named Vrushali and give them (Sourav and Rohan ) reference
Old 30th August 2011, 15:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Souravc and el lobo got it done from Nerul so speak to front desk lady named Vrushali and give them (Sourav and Rohan ) reference
Just got my appointment booked for Fri morning
Thank you so much for the reference.

I have read about other 6R owners activating needle sweep etc. Though purely cosmetic, I wouldn't mind adding them as icing on the cake! Any one having more info on the same?
Old 30th August 2011, 19:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Just got my appointment booked for Fri morning
Thank you so much for the reference.

I have read about other 6R owners activating needle sweep etc. Though purely cosmetic, I wouldn't mind adding them as icing on the cake! Any one having more info on the same?
Sorry what exactly is needle sweep? Please let me know if it works for you then even I ll get one more appointment
Old 30th August 2011, 19:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry what exactly is needle sweep? Please let me know if it works for you then even I ll get one more appointment
Here's a youtube link:
Old 30th August 2011, 20:41   #52
BHPian

Ah you are making us jealous, please try all options on VAS and keep updated
In India you just get nothing , really. Really sad state of affairs
Old 31st August 2011, 04:33   #53
BHPian

Second that. Leave alone a multifunction steering wheel, even the MFD is way lower than the Midline and Highline MFD's sold abroad. Though I have been toying with the idea of importing and retrofitting the GTI flat-bottomed steering wheel. It looks sumptuous. Later perhaps import a witson unit too and hopefully using a wire harness and configuring via VAG-COM, I might be able to get the steering controls working.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:08   #54
BHPian

Frontosa - Congrats on your black stallion! It is a beauty. I own a red Polo TL Petrol.

Had a couple of questions regarding what you have mentioned in your thread

Quote:
Damping Noise-Kill
How much damping was needed and how many doors did you damp? What was the brand you used and how much did you pay for it?

Quote:
3. Boot Lock happens at 5kmph (note this is different from door lock) and is a must if you carry your laptop in your boot, (or any other stuff) like I do
Is this specific to the 1.6 or the high-end versions of the Polo? Can I get this activated in my TL Polo?
Old 31st August 2011, 18:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Second that. Leave alone a multifunction steering wheel, even the MFD is way lower than the Midline and Highline MFD's sold abroad. Though I have been toying with the idea of importing and retrofitting the GTI flat-bottomed steering wheel. It looks sumptuous. Later perhaps import a witson unit too and hopefully using a wire harness and configuring via VAG-COM, I might be able to get the steering controls working.
Hey Himanshu, you have just read my mind. Even I m thinking of getting all those tiny tit bits from abroad and fixing them. Please keep me posted how you do it.

Btw do you know if it's possible to do an engine swap to 1.6? Of course not that I need that now, but I may think of it 4 years down the road once my car lease expires. I m definetly not going to sell this car and will keep for many many years. Just want to know if it's remotely possible technically?

For now I m thinking how to get smoked head lamps and how much they would cost.
Next year on stallions birthday I ll put witson HU, I m not sure if they have steering remote though!
Old 31st August 2011, 18:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz
Frontosa - Congrats on your black stallion! It is a beauty. I own a red Polo TL Petrol.

Had a couple of questions regarding what you have mentioned in your thread

How much damping was needed and how many doors did you damp? What was the brand you used and how much did you pay for it?

Is this specific to the 1.6 or the high-end versions of the Polo? Can I get this activated in my TL Polo?

Thanks e-Katz ,

I believe about 15 sqft was required, and the brand is noise kill. Must have been 20-25 rs sq feet, not sure as I just have the total figures with me. But including labour it was about 2500 I guess. Damping was done only on front doors because those got the focal solid 4 speakers.

Better would be to call and ask tornado motors, I think it's available on all high line versions for sure. I haven't heard if anyone with comfort line or trend line did that. Please keep posted on how it goes for you
Old 1st September 2011, 12:15   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Himanshu, you have just read my mind. Even I m thinking of getting all those tiny tit bits from abroad and fixing them. Please keep me posted how you do it.

Btw do you know if it's possible to do an engine swap to 1.6? Of course not that I need that now, but I may think of it 4 years down the road once my car lease expires. I m definetly not going to sell this car and will keep for many many years. Just want to know if it's remotely possible technically?

Next year on stallions birthday I ll put witson HU, I m not sure if they have steering remote though!
Seems like we aren't the only ones who have been wanting to do that!
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-change.html

I might be getting the mk6 GTI Multifunction steering wheel soon. Latest spyshots showed the Polo sporting a multifunction steering wheel with bluetooth controls so I am guessing we too can retrofit one but we will need someone with expertise here to guide us on the wiring harness, steering wheel module and maybe even the airbag module. Any suggestions on who/ where? Doubt VW would help us.

As for swapping the engine, I have no clue but I guess it wont be recommended as far as I remember from an old thread here.

I dont think we need to import the smoked headlamps and incur the high cost for the same. Also we would have to import it from a RHD country.
I was planning to have our current setup painted to the german spec (attached here). Though we wont get the projector headlamps but we shouldnt mind with the stress and M it would save us

Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-3462646264316263.jpg

The witson doesn't come with a steering remote but the website quotes that the steering controls already present will work.
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I need to let you all know what features the black stallion got activated today. Big thanks to souravc, el lobo, noopster and others that prompted me to take action.
4. The car locks automatically. I.e after a minute or so.
5. When I Lock with remote there is with the horn sounding for 1 msec.
All this done in 30 minutes flat at andheri tornado motors. Steve and Prashant were SA's , they didn't even open job card, just took the car and did in 5 min. Rating service 4.5/5. Pleased.
This info is just AWESOME. You upgraded your car in minutes
I am going to get this done ASAP - THANKS A MILLION for this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Cosmetic but Inspiring.
I have this feature on my bike. Having it on Polo would be GREAT.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I dont think we need to import the smoked headlamps and incur the high cost for the same. Also we would have to import it from a RHD country.
I was planning to have our current setup painted to the german spec (attached here). Though we wont get the projector headlamps but we shouldnt mind with the stress and M it would save us
The All New Jetta Halogen Headlights look good too and seem like a perfect fit for our Polo. Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-jetta.jpg  

Last edited by Omega Man : 3rd September 2011 at 09:57.
Old 3rd September 2011, 10:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoc View Post
I thought Kagus have a fabric face and only the underside is rubber? Is there any online source to order them from?
I had spoken with Mr. Anil Padiwal from Hot Tracks - Bangalore for 3D mats.
They have 2 types. One for Rs.4800/- and latest ones for Rs.5300/-
Courier charges maybe Rs.400/- and Bus delivery to a Bus Stand in your area, maybe Rs.200/-
:* :* :* :* h o t t r a c k s : :::
Hope this helps.
(I HAVE NO COMMERCIAL INTEREST OR INTENTIONS HERE)
Old 3rd September 2011, 10:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
This info is just AWESOME. You upgraded your car in minutes
I am going to get this done ASAP - THANKS A MILLION for this info.

Cosmetic but Inspiring.
I have this feature on my bike. Having it on Polo would be GREAT.
Thanks for the info.

The All New Jetta Halogen Headlights look good too and seem like a perfect fit for our Polo. Image attached.
I got the above activated. Also I got the lane departure signal blinks changed from 3 to 4. Any value between 2 and 5 can be set.

Sadly, the instrument cluster present in our Indian Polos does not support Staging/ needle sweep.

Even though the Jetta headlights looks like a perfect fit, I am quite sure the size and the connectors etc wont match yet do keep us updated!

Another thing, my service advisor yesterday said that I could get the hood insulation installed on my 1.6 at a cost of about 1.5k or so which is currently fitted only in the diesels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks