Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 11:18   #76
BHPian

Re: Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
^^ @Omega Man :
1. No idea, but its an issue with Polo and dealer/VW should take note and do something to resolve this IMO.

3. Sent the details to you, all the best. Do keep us updated on the outcome.
1. Despite my Bajaj P220F being barely in use and parked in the open throughout the rains, both the front and rear brakes discs (although completely exposed) glitter like new. The same goes for other brand cars in my parking lot. Will take this up with VW.

3. Its a real challenge to get the SA to even listen patiently, forget understanding your issue at Global Gallerie - Ghodbunder Road. I was quoted 9k for underhood heat shield insulation and 7k for engine underbody sump guard whereas other TBHP members have got the same job done at 1.5k and 1k respectively. Their contract workers are no better than roadside mechanics who go hammer and tongs to get any work done leaving your car full of gashes and scratches all over.

Thanks so much for the contact information of VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Talking about brakes and shoddy workmanship, is it just me or have you also felt the need for more braking power on the Polo 1.6? Perhaps bigger front discs or discs all around? Is the disc size on the 1.6 same as the 1.2P and 1.2D?

I had met with an accident way back in April and my car had been towed to VW Downtown, Lalbaug as it was the nearest workshop. The front bumper was replaced and must I say the paint job was superb, there was no way one could tell it apart from the factory. Recently, a kid had scratched my front bumper with his bicycle so this friday during the general check-up, the SA volunteered to do a touch-up once I refused to have the entire bumper repainted and my oh my was it shoddy, it was like a kid had filled in the gap with a paintbrush! I will try postings some pictures tomorrow of the same.
Braking power is sufficient, but I guess the ABS feature kind of prolongs the braking bite a bit. It seems difficult to get the car to stop dead in its tracks after slamming on the brakes in emergency situations.

According to the specs, they are the same size on all models of Polo. Only difference is - ABS and Non-ABS.

My bumper was procured in the afternoon, painted by evening and fixed the next morning!!!

Last edited by Omega Man : 5th September 2011 at 11:30.
Old 5th September 2011, 11:27   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Use WD-40 spray wait few minutes and wipe gently few times all the tar, grime, most stains will go away. WD-40 spray prevents rusting also just spray on the cold brake disc on week end while parked.
Thank you for your kind advice Harimakesh, I got a complimentary windscreen treatment done by the supplier of Glass Science Rain Clear and now my windscreen is crystal clear.

I am also suspecting the windscreen washer fluid that was used by the dealer in the wiper reservoir of our new car. It kind of smells strongly of chlorine/ammonia. Dont know how to drain it completely to add a new one from Sonax.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:45   #78
BHPian

Hello again!

I am browsing off eBay now and below are some options for polo head lights, has anyone seen it before, and what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Po...#ht_1089wt_979

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Po...#ht_1119wt_979

A simple search on eBay reveals various options for headlights with angel eyes, DRL etc and cool designs. And prices range from $300 to $500 including shipping.

I'm unable to understand which ones will fit our Indian polo seamlessly, size wise and connection wise. Btw there are some headlight/fog lamp replacement switches as well and costs about $10 or so. They are perfect fit with some additional functions!

If any one has little bit of know how on these stuff let us know, I'm willing to spend about $300 by say next month . But of course wNt to be very sure
Old 7th September 2011, 14:39   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello again!

I am browsing off eBay now and below are some options for polo head lights, has anyone seen it before, and what do you think?

VW Polo 6N2 Halo Rims Angel Eyes Headlights black | eBay

VW Polo 6N Halo Rims Angel Eyes Headlights chrome 2 | eBay

These headlights are for the previous generation polos code 6N and 6N2, the one which is sold in India is the latest generation 6R.

A simple search on eBay reveals various options for headlights with angel eyes, DRL etc and cool designs. And prices range from $300 to $500 including shipping.
I recall the international polo GTi Bi-xenons with DRLs costing some 600GBP per headlight.

I'm unable to understand which ones will fit our Indian polo seamlessly, size wise and connection wise. Btw there are some headlight/fog lamp replacement switches as well and costs about $10 or so. They are perfect fit with some additional functions!
Could you post some links for the same?

If any one has little bit of know how on these stuff let us know, I'm willing to spend about $300 by say next month . But of course wNt to be very sure
As for the connectors, we can never be too sure but I assume they should fit.
Old 8th September 2011, 14:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello again!

VW Polo 6N2 Halo Rims Angel Eyes Headlights black | eBay

VW Polo 6N Halo Rims Angel Eyes Headlights chrome 2 | eBay

Please do not bother buying any of these headlamp units. They are all meant for previous generation polo and would not fit in our Polo.

I have done some research on the Euro-spec headlamps.
Euro spec headlamp has:-
- a quad setup i.e. 2 H7 bulbs , one for high beam and one for low beam
- a normal parking bulb
- a turn/indicator lamp
Whereas our Indian spec headlamp has:-
-One H4 bulb for both high/low beam
-a normal parking bulb
-a turn/indicator lamp

Other than that the euro-spec headlamps have a special connector which are generally used in cars like Jetta/Passat. So wiring can be an issue.
The headlamps are available on the net for 125 euros each without shipping (brand New Hella OEM). That is quite expensive considering the headlamps are not even projector based and the fact that they might not work.

However, I do want to experiment them on the car simply coz they look too good .I have found a contact in UK who is willing to sell a second-hand (with top latching lugs broken) for quite cheap. However shipping it to India is turning out to be quite expensive.
Is there any T-bhp member travellng to Uk who can help me out?
I guess once i can get the headlamp working then maybe spending money on brand new headlamps would be ok, otherwise its a big expensive risk!
Old 8th September 2011, 15:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar

Please do not bother buying any of these headlamp units. They are all meant for previous generation polo and would not fit in our Polo.

I have done some research on the Euro-spec headlamps.
Euro spec headlamp has:-
- a quad setup i.e. 2 H7 bulbs , one for high beam and one for low beam
- a normal parking bulb
- a turn/indicator lamp
Whereas our Indian spec headlamp has:-
-One H4 bulb for both high/low beam
-a normal parking bulb
-a turn/indicator lamp

Other than that the euro-spec headlamps have a special connector which are generally used in cars like Jetta/Passat. So wiring can be an issue.
The headlamps are available on the net for 125 euros each without shipping (brand New Hella OEM). That is quite expensive considering the headlamps are not even projector based and the fact that they might not work.

However, I do want to experiment them on the car simply coz they look too good .I have found a contact in UK who is willing to sell a second-hand (with top latching lugs broken) for quite cheap. However shipping it to India is turning out to be quite expensive.
Is there any T-bhp member travellng to Uk who can help me out?
I guess once i can get the headlamp working then maybe spending money on brand new headlamps would be ok, otherwise its a big expensive risk!
Thanks a ton Ankit! And Himanshu - for the info!
I ll try to find if someone is traveling to UK, lets see what turns out. By the way is the person selling second hand stuff able to send you pics of the whole kit? I mean if we can have a look at wiring harness it may give some clue further. We could use another type of switch maybe ?
Old 8th September 2011, 20:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
I have found a contact in UK who is willing to sell a second-hand (with top latching lugs broken) for quite cheap. However shipping it to India is turning out to be quite expensive.
If you dont mind could you ask your contact whether he could also arrange an instrument cluster for the polo 6R?
Old 11th September 2011, 19:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! Under body cover being fitted for 1000/-! Hope this is so for the Petrol cars too though I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be.

There isnt any list as such but I am compiling some here.
1. Auto locking at 15kmph
2. Auto unlocking at ignition off
3. Rear deck lid locking at 5kmph
4. Audible feedback on locking (one honk)
5. Audible feedback on unlocking (two honks)
6. Single door opening (not sure what this is)
7. Optical feedback on locking (activated from factory)
8. Optical feedback on unlocking (activated from factory)
9. Comfort indicators (preset to 3)

These are the ones I can recall. In addition to this, vento owners can have the interior surveillance switched off or its sensitivity set between 15% - 100%.
Has anyone managed to get these VAS updates done at Global Gallerie Thane? My SA has not heard of this being done, but, i think these features are definitely well worth the trip to either Andheri or New Bombay.
Old 11th September 2011, 20:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
If you dont mind could you ask your contact whether he could also arrange an instrument cluster for the polo 6R?
The Euro-spec instrument cluster has a more advanced MID found in JETTAS, Passats, etc. Finding one will not be a problem but retrofitting it will be.
It would definately require VAG/VCDS coding and something tells me that the indian Polos have a very basic electronic system and might not have the elaborate VAG-COM, CANBUS or whatever you call it. So chances of fitting that i guess would be very limited!

meanwhile the shipping cost for one headlamp is turning out to be 5k and that excludes whatever custom duty our lousy govt. might apply!
Old 11th September 2011, 20:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would definately require VAG/VCDS coding and something tells me that the indian Polos have a very basic electronic system and might not have the elaborate VAG-COM, CANBUS or whatever you call it. So chances of fitting that i guess would be very limited!
+1 to that. As of now, wiring harness of Indian Polo does not support CAN-BUS.

Even if we forget about the warranty claws, modifying wiring of a German car is not prudent IMHO - That too, when soo much of electronics is involved in controlling the engine.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The Euro-spec instrument cluster has a more advanced MID found in JETTAS, Passats, etc. Finding one will not be a problem but retrofitting it will be.

meanwhile the shipping cost for one headlamp is turning out to be 5k and that excludes whatever custom duty our lousy govt. might apply!
Actually I don't intend to retrofit the cluster, I required a spare cluster to have custom gauge faces made. Just a little project of mine
Old 12th September 2011, 00:21   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!!

Has anyone managed to get these VAS updates done at Global Gallerie Thane? My SA has not heard of this being done, but, i think these features are definitely well worth the trip to either Andheri or New Bombay.
Hello buddy, you must get in touch with omega man, he had the same issue with thane vw, but he has the contact of SA from tornado motors to whom you must make the SA of thane speak to. I ll send you the same PM I sent to omega man. Gosh can't believe the SA's are so oblivious to basic stuff in the car! Poor training ! Never mind we at tbhp know lot more than the service usually but mostly always
Old 12th September 2011, 00:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Fellow member Omega Man who resides in Thane recently took an appointment for the same at the workshop in Nerul and would be able to tell you better.
Old 14th September 2011, 23:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Use WD-40 spray wait few minutes and wipe gently few times all the tar, grime, most stains will go away. WD-40 spray prevents rusting also just spray on the cold brake disc on week end while parked.
Hi Harimakesh ,
I took your advice and used WD-40 on our cars paint on Sunday. It worked like a charm. There are no more tar spots or light black patches that were impossible to remove. Followed it up with Formula1 - 100 Washes - Wash & Wax shampoo. Now the car paint looks fresh red and really sparkles like new. Thank you so much for your advice.
Old 15th September 2011, 01:14   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Hi Harimakesh ,
I took your advice and used WD-40 on our cars paint on Sunday. It worked like a charm. There are no more tar spots or light black patches that were impossible to remove. Followed it up with Formula1 - 100 Washes - Wash & Wax shampoo. Now the car paint looks fresh red and really sparkles like new. Thank you so much for your advice.
I am happy it worked for you. Celebrate with posting a picture of shining beauty.

WD40 has no harmful ingredients. Anything difficult to clean WD40 will do it with zero side effects

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks