Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:05   #61
BHPian

Re: Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I got the above activated.

Which Service Centre did you get these features activated at?

Also I got the lane departure signal blinks changed from 3 to 4. Any value between 2 and 5 can be set.

That was much needed, not many seemed to notice the 3 flashes. Thanks for this useful info.

Sadly, the instrument cluster present in our Indian Polos does not support Staging/ needle sweep.

Oh oh, so sad. I really like the Needle Sweep on my Pulsar 220F.

Even though the Jetta headlights looks like a perfect fit, I am quite sure the size and the connectors etc wont match yet do keep us updated!

I think not. Connectors maybe standard and so should the fitting. Will check on my next visit to Service.

Another thing, my service advisor yesterday said that I could get the hood insulation installed on my 1.6 at a cost of about 1.5k or so which is currently fitted only in the diesels.
My service advisor Rohan at VW Global Gallerie - Ghodbunder Road Thane, quoted Rs.9000/- for the Under Hood Heat Shield Insulation.

Which Service Centre did you enquire at? Please let me know, I will get it installed ASAP as the hood on my 1.6L P gets really hot.

Also, are you aware of installation of a guard under the engine sump? I think some Team BHP member has got it installed. OIL SUMP GUARD -/- UNDER BODY COVER.

Last edited by Omega Man : 3rd September 2011 at 11:09.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Ah you are making us jealous, please try all options on VAS and keep updated
In India you just get nothing , really. Really sad state of affairs
Hey Frontosa, Excellent Thread.

Is there a list of all the VAS features that can be enabled/disabled on our Polo? Where would we get it?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
My service advisor Rohan at VW Global Gallerie - Ghodbunder Road Thane, quoted Rs.9000/- for the Under Hood Heat Shield Insulation.

Which Service Centre did you enquire at? Please let me know, I will get it installed ASAP as the hood on my 1.6L P gets really hot.

Also, are you aware of installation of a guard under the engine sump? I think some Team BHP member has got it installed. OIL SUMP GUARD -/- UNDER BODY COVER.
Thanked by mistake

I got them activated at KSM, Navi Mumbai, Their workshop is located in Nerul. I wasn't charged either like fellow member Frontosa.
My service advisor Dinesh Nayak quoted me for the under hood insulation.

I am unaware of an under body cover but I am surely interested especially if it will help keep rats out!
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thanked by mistake
Even so, you are welcome in advance

I am unaware of an under body cover but I am surely interested especially if it will help keep rats out!
Rats and much more - the muck of all our potholed & battered roads.

Check these links for OIL SUMP GUARD -/- UNDER BODY COVER

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450051

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450530

Is there a list of all the VAS features that can be enabled/disabled on our Polo? Where would we get it?

Last edited by Omega Man : 3rd September 2011 at 23:50.
Old 4th September 2011, 00:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Rats and much more - the muck of all our potholed & battered roads.

Check these links for OIL SUMP GUARD -/- UNDER BODY COVER

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450051

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450530

Whoa! Under body cover being fitted for 1000/-! Hope this is so for the Petrol cars too though I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be.

There isnt any list as such but I am compiling some here.
1. Auto locking at 15kmph
2. Auto unlocking at ignition off
3. Rear deck lid locking at 5kmph
4. Audible feedback on locking (one honk)
5. Audible feedback on unlocking (two honks)
6. Single door opening (not sure what this is)
7. Optical feedback on locking (activated from factory)
8. Optical feedback on unlocking (activated from factory)
9. Comfort indicators (preset to 3)

These are the ones I can recall. In addition to this, vento owners can have the interior surveillance switched off or its sensitivity set between 15% - 100%.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 00:35   #66
BHPian

Hey Omega man and Himanshu , thanks a lot for everything. I m glad you did all that, I think the lane change indicator increase to 4 blinks is good as well! Next time

also if the under bonnet insulation is cheap for 1500 please all petrol polos get that done, and yes I would have got the under body cover too.

Regarding the undercover underbody insulation my car already had that. But and it's a big BUT, it didn't help my case when a rat chewed one of the wires :(. I tried all options for putting pics of that which are on my iPhone however there is no direct way to put on tbhp. I guess not on the iPad tbhp app as well. I will do that next time I am on the computer. to get the wiring fixed it costed me Rs.800 including labour. I also got 1 full liter castrol 5w40 synthetic oil topped up as the service found that oil is consumed. This was exactly with car odo on 7500kms. And guess what the car became more smooth. They also cleaned the engine bay (how I don't know) and it was shining like new.If someone wants engine bay cleaned it costs 100 bucks only at ksm Nerul, at least that's what SA, Dinesh told me. Of course car wash and interior vacuum done. These items were not billed , so free.

Coming back to how I discovered rat chew, I saw a ugly yellow light and had me alert, it's raining insane as if 2012 is approaching. Think rats find the polo bonnet a great place to be, opened the boot and 'luckily' saw a bunch of wires from ecu split. Got it rectified next day with appointment at Nerul.

Now as a remedy I sprinkled tobacco (tambakhu) everywhere inside the bonnet as service told me tobacco smell puts pest away! Tomorrow I m thinking of tying 4 packets of tobacco inside.

The Jetta lights look good! But since they are of the Jetta and not of the poor sibling, it will cost much more, my guess. I'd still prefer the original smoked lamps from Europe, let's see when and how.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:19   #67
BHPian

Even I had my wiper water reservoir changed for 740/- after a leak was discovered while topping up wiper fluid during the general check-up. The technician suggested I hang napthalene balls to some of the wires but after going through a thread here it seems naphtalene balls dont help. Do keep us posted whether sprinkling the tobacco does and post some photos of where you tie the packets of tobacco if you can.

Also, could you tell me where to pick up a set of philips xtreme power/ vision in navi mumbai? I want to buy from a trusted source as I have heard there are many fakes in the market. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hey Omega man and Himanshu , thanks a lot for everything. I m glad you did all that, I think the lane change indicator increase to 4 blinks is good as well! Next time

IMO, 5 blinks would be more like it on indian roads for fellow drivers to notice.

also if the under bonnet insulation is cheap for 1500 please all petrol polos get that done, and yes I would have got the under body cover too.

Lets first check if its already installed, if not, I am getting it done ASAP including the underhood heat shield insulation.

Now as a remedy I sprinkled tobacco (tambakhu) everywhere inside the bonnet as service told me tobacco smell puts pest away! Tomorrow I m thinking of tying 4 packets of tobacco inside.

The Jetta lights look good! But since they are of the Jetta and not of the poor sibling, it will cost much more, my guess. I'd still prefer the original smoked lamps from Europe, let's see when and how.
Do let us know if we can source the original smoked headlights from EU.

Quote:
The technician suggested I hang napthalene balls to some of the wires but after going through a thread here it seems naphtalene balls dont help. Do keep us posted whether sprinkling the tobacco does and post some photos of where you tie the packets of tobacco if you can.

Also, could you tell me where to pick up a set of philips xtreme power/ vision in navi mumbai? I want to buy from a trusted source as I have heard there are many fakes in the market. Thanks.
Try:
Babloo Motors,
Shop 2, Shanti Centre, Sector No 17, Near Navratna Hotel, Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400706. 022-27891234, 27891434, 27893966.
Mr Harvinderjit Singh - 9820062362.

Hey guys, how about trying an electronic pest/rodent repellent which runs on 12V DC in the engine bay? The one that gives out ultrasonic sound waves to irritate and repell pests/rodents?
Old 4th September 2011, 12:45   #69
BHPian

Hi Guys, Need help/advice with 5 seriously irritating issues:

1) In the evening, the front wheel brake discs shine, but the very next morning, they are completely rusted, like they have not been in use for years.

2) During engine idling, when AC is switched ON, there are weird sounds like the engine or AC is grunting/struggling. Even more when clutch is pressed.

3) After getting the front bumper replaced at VW service - Thane, after a small accident 2 months ago, the bumper paint looks faded, especially when its wet.

4) I am sick of all the tar spots on the paint. Everytime we visit South Mumbai or Vasai, there are tar spots all over, including the top. They just wont come off.

5) Serious issue of water and other marks on the front and rear windscreens, tried everything, including Glass Science - Rain Clear, but its got worse.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2011, 21:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Do let us know if we can source the original smoked headlights from EU.

I am sure you can buy a set off ebay. ebay.de has a melange of listings for the polo 6R including smoked taillamps (original VW accessory).

Try:
Babloo Motors,
Shop 2, Shanti Centre, Sector No 17, Near Navratna Hotel, Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400706. 022-27891234, 27891434, 27893966.
Mr Harvinderjit Singh - 9820062362.

Thanks alot. I will contact them tomorrow itself.

Hey guys, how about trying an electronic pest/rodent repellent which runs on 12V DC in the engine bay? The one that gives out ultrasonic sound waves to irritate and repell pests/rodents?
Even I was inclined towards them for their efficacy. Though they dont seem to affect packrats On a serious note, I am willing to pick one up. Lets find out more on this.
As for the issues you are facing,

1) I believe its common to all cars. Rust formation on the discs is common in the monsoon and can be seen even after a car wash hence when you leave in the morning, the brakes squeal when braked for the first few times. (Hope its not only in my car, fingers crossed!)

2) Could it be the compressor?

3) It could be due to the quality of the paintjob as I have heard that the factory paint is 5 coats while the one at the dealership is 3 coats or something like that. I could be wrong here though.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 22:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:

1) In the evening, the front wheel brake discs shine, but the very next morning, they are completely rusted, like they have not been in use for years.

2) During engine idling, when AC is switched ON, there are weird sounds like the engine or AC is grunting/struggling. Even more when clutch is pressed.

3) After getting the front bumper replaced at VW service - Thane, after a small accident 2 months ago, the bumper paint looks faded, especially when its wet.

4) I am sick of all the tar spots on the paint. Every time we visit South Mumbai or Vasai, there are tar spots all over, including the top. They just wont come off.

5) Serious issue of water and other marks on the front and rear windscreens, tried everything, including Glass Science - Rain Clear, but its got worse.

1. Dealer`s won't be of much help here as per my experience and this same thing (rusting) I noticed in cars of different manufacturers. I face screeching noise when applying brakes for the initial few 100 mtrs after rains/ or a rainy day. On a sunny day there is no issue, not sure of your problem though.

2. Never faced this, better to check with the dealer.

3. Incompetent workmanship @VW dealer. Even if they cannot replicate the painting setup of a factory they should at least ensure quality finishing and the paint should not in any case appear faded. As you did this job from VW dealer, please escalate it to dealership and then to VW. They should (either dealer or VW should step in) ensure re-painting/rectification of this issue.

4. Nothing to worry mate! get in touch with experts at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html

You`ll get in-house and long lasting solution

5. Use clay bar to clean your windscreens, still if you face this issue, use a better wiper/wax it, still issue exists --> Pt. 4.

Quote:

I know I am about to write something silly here ... I mean why as a car owner (Polo to be specific) I should be worried about Pest Control in engine bay ? -

a. I believe its not advisable to run some electronic item using the 12v charger available inside Polo continuously when car is switched off, it will drain the battery.
b. The major threat, if at all - rats (*insects, flies, cockroaches are harmless as far as engine bay is concerned and they have overcome many obstacle to survive millions of years ) --> are they (rats) afraid of this ultrasonic pest control device, I don't think so.

* Just kidding, please don't take it seriously

Last edited by AvonA7 : 4th September 2011 at 22:06.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 22:47   #72
BHPian

Thanks. Will check out ebay.de, hope to find some useful stuff.
Quote:
1) I believe its common to all cars. Rust formation on the discs is common in the monsoon and can be seen even after a car wash hence when you leave in the morning, the brakes squeal when braked for the first few times. (Hope its not only in my car, fingers crossed!)

Ever noticed, how come it does not happen with 2-wheeler brake discs?

2) Could it be the compressor?

Maybe, will ask SA to check.

3) It could be due to the quality of the paintjob as I have heard that the factory paint is 5 coats while the one at the dealership is 3 coats or something like that. I could be wrong here though.

Poor quality it is from the looks of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
1. Dealer`s won't be of much help here as per my experience and this same thing (rusting) I noticed in cars of different manufacturers. I face screeching noise when applying brakes for the initial few 100 mtrs after rains/ or a rainy day. On a sunny day there is no issue, not sure of your problem though.

Ever noticed, how come it does not happen with 2-wheeler brake discs?

3. Incompetent workmanship @VW dealer. Even if they cannot replicate the painting setup of a factory they should at least ensure quality finishing and the paint should not in any case appear faded. As you did this job from VW dealer, please escalate it to dealership and then to VW. They should (either dealer or VW should step in) ensure re-painting/rectification of this issue.

How can I escalate this issue to VW? Any contact info of VW will be helpful?

4. Nothing to worry mate! get in touch with experts at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...edge-home.html
You`ll get in-house and long lasting solution

I have gone thru that thread and its got a world of info on car detailing.

5. Use clay bar to clean your windscreens, still if you face this issue, use a better wiper/wax it, still issue exists --> Pt. 4.

Got a complimentary Windscreen Treatment from AutoFresh & CarzSpa.

a. I believe its not advisable to run some electronic item using the 12v charger available inside Polo continuously when car is switched off, it will drain the battery.
b. The major threat, if at all - rats (*insects, flies, cockroaches are harmless as far as engine bay is concerned and they have overcome many obstacle to survive millions of years ) --> are they (rats) afraid of this ultrasonic pest control device, I don't think so.

* Just kidding, please don't take it seriously

You got a valid point there.
Got the 5th issue rectified today.

Since, we realised that the water stains got worse after we used Glass Science Rain Clear which we bought online from www.autofresh.in, we wrote to them and got an immediate response apologizing for the inconvenience and requesting us to take our car to CarzSpa, their nearest detailing outlet, which is a minutes drive to where we live in Thane, for a complimentary Windscreen Treatment.

We took our car and Rain Clear to CarzSpa. Mr.Shardul confirmed that a lot of impurities were firmly deposited on the windscreen. He initially used a clay bar before using a DA polisher after applying some compound. In a matter of about 2 hours both front and rear windscreens looked like new, completely crystal clear.

We were also informed by the owner of AutoFresh, Mr.Ankur Sama, that they checked other stocks of RainClear and found issues with a particular batch of the product and requested us to hand it over to Mr.Shardul for shipping it to them. They promised to get back to us in a weeks time after getting a response from Glass Science whom they have contacted.

We took the car for a drive tonight and amazingly, under certain light conditions, the windscreen was just not visible. The wipers too worked smoothly and extremely well unlike previously, where there was a lot of wiper judder and they were hardly effective.

So as of now, the 5th issue seems resolved to our complete satisfaction, thanks to the excellent and timely service provided by Mr.Ankur from AutoFresh and Mr.Shardul from CarzSpa.

Thank you Himanshu & Avon for your kind advice.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 22:55   #73
BHPian

^^ @Omega Man :
1. No idea, but its an issue with Polo and dealer/VW should take note and do something to resolve this IMO.

3. Sent the details to you, all the best. Do keep us updated on the outcome.
Old 5th September 2011, 00:06   #74
BHPian

Talking about brakes and shoddy workmanship, is it just me or have you also felt the need for more braking power on the Polo 1.6? Perhaps bigger front discs or discs all around? Is the disc size on the 1.6 same as the 1.2P and 1.2D?

I had met with an accident way back in April and my car had been towed to VW Downtown, Lalbaug as it was the nearest workshop. The front bumper was replaced and must I say the paint job was superb, there was no way one could tell it apart from the factory. Recently, a kid had scratched my front bumper with his bicycle so this friday during the general check-up, the SA volunteered to do a touch-up once I refused to have the entire bumper repainted and my oh my was it shoddy, it was like a kid had filled in the gap with a paintbrush! I will try postings some pictures tomorrow of the same.
Old 5th September 2011, 00:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:

4) I am sick of all the tar spots on the paint. Everytime we visit South Mumbai or Vasai, there are tar spots all over, including the top. They just wont come off.

Use WD-40 spray wait few minutes and wipe gently few times all the tar, grime, most stains will go away. WD-40 spray prevents rusting also just spray on the cold brake disc on week end while parked.

Last edited by harimakesh : 5th September 2011 at 00:35.
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks