Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 14:16   #61
BHPian

Re: My New Tata Manza comes home !

Crossed 5000km yesterday !

Time for the second service. can tell them two points: 1, a whistling sound inside the cabin while engine is running, and 2, an extra 'tick' sound when we operate the wiper or door locks.

There were some suggestions to change the oil even though TATA recommends it much later. Any thoughts? What did you guys do? There were a few scrapes under the body, so may be its a good idea to get those checked and do something about it? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2012, 15:08   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Crossed 5000km yesterday !

Time for the second service. can tell them two points: 1, a whistling sound inside the cabin while engine is running, and 2, an extra 'tick' sound when we operate the wiper or door locks.

There were some suggestions to change the oil even though TATA recommends it much later. Any thoughts? What did you guys do? There were a few scrapes under the body, so may be its a good idea to get those checked and do something about it? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Congratulations on completion of the first 5k Kms Vrvarier!

1. Whistling sound inside the cabin might be due to air escaping into the cabin through some seal not doing its job probably. Pls check all the windows are closed up completely and the doors too.
2. Extra Tick sound while operating the door locks ? Is it after they lock while making a 'cluck' sound while centrally locked / after the vehicle moves beyond 10kmph?
Wipers is a new story. I didn't have any such noise issues with the wipers in my entire 22k ownership of my Manza, except they not sweeping the complete area due to poor rubber.

Other Manza owners pls pour in your thoughts on this Wiper Issue also.

3. Request you to pls add Tyre rotation in the schedule including the spare one. This will help you in the long run.

Though the Oil change as per manual is at 20k, I got it flushed and filled in my 3rd service i.e at 10k and again at 20k. Result, the engine is butter smooth. So is the F.E.
My Long term ownership thread is still in the assembly line. Will make it live soon. Not finding enough time( Read Laziness ) to pen down the last free service experience.
Old 27th February 2012, 16:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congratulations on completion of the first 5k Kms Vrvarier!

1. Whistling sound inside the cabin might be due to air escaping into the cabin through some seal not doing its job probably. Pls check all the windows are closed up completely and the doors too.
2. Extra Tick sound while operating the door locks ? Is it after they lock while making a 'cluck' sound while centrally locked / after the vehicle moves beyond 10kmph?
Wipers is a new story. I didn't have any such noise issues with the wipers in my entire 22k ownership of my Manza, except they not sweeping the complete area due to poor rubber.

Other Manza owners pls pour in your thoughts on this Wiper Issue also.

3. Request you to pls add Tyre rotation in the schedule including the spare one. This will help you in the long run.

Though the Oil change as per manual is at 20k, I got it flushed and filled in my 3rd service i.e at 10k and again at 20k. Result, the engine is butter smooth. So is the F.E.
My Long term ownership thread is still in the assembly line. Will make it live soon. Not finding enough time( Read Laziness ) to pen down the last free service experience.

"I am still waiting to get to my second service on my new Manza
Do let me know if there are better tips I must not overlook."
Old 28th February 2012, 11:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post

"I am still waiting to get to my second service on my new Manza
Do let me know if there are better tips I must not overlook."
On the cleaning part, pls ensure, the empty housing for the wiper is cleaned properly. Lots of leaves get accumulated at both the wiper mounting points beneath the leafscreen. First ask him to clean with dry air jets and then with water if necessary, else the small leaves get trapped after getting wet and never come out.

My New Tata Manza comes home !-leaves-not-removed-after-cleaning.jpg

Similarly, on the rear windscreen bottom, beneath the rubber washer lip. Plenty of dust including leaves get accumulated here too. Not visible, unless you open the Boot.
My New Tata Manza comes home !-img00045201110041743.jpg
Old 17th April 2012, 14:22   #65
BHPian

Second free-service update, @5512 km

Got back from my second free-service a few days ago. Well, nothing really seems to have happened, except a well-deserved wash. The humming sound inside the cabin is detected to be coming from the fuel pump motor, which is under the rear seat. Got that replaced, at the expense of 2 hrs spent at the service centre. Anyway, a second disappointment in 5 months.

When I stand near the front wheels, I can feel a heat, after my daily office trip (17 kms). Is this normal? Cant remember having experieced it before.

Frankly, I'm not thrilled anymore with my Manza. Two evidences of poor quality for a new car, in 5 months, is definitely not a great news.

ANother update is that, the Old Madras Road service centre is closing, and they are merging with the one in Kudlu gate, Hosur road. More bad news for me.

Another interesting thing noticed in this forum: There are no new threads of a new manza, after mine. Does that convey something?

Last edited by vrvarier : 17th April 2012 at 14:26.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:17   #66
BHPian

A little context of the below picture:

I filled diesel at IOC pump on thanisandra road (left from nagawara circle coming from manyata) when distance to empty is some 50km. Filled for ₹ 1500. I got this when I reached below the KR puram flyover.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Tata Manza comes home !-img046.jpg  

Old 24th July 2012, 13:24   #67
BHPian

Re: Second free-service update, @5512 km

Quote:
When I stand near the front wheels, I can feel a heat, after my daily office trip (17 kms). Is this normal? Cant remember having experieced it before.
did you get this checked? and both front wheels feels equally hot?

wheels and rotors heat up after driving but not so much that you can feel the heat from some distance (let us say half a foot away). excessive heat up typically points towards a bearing issue.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:42   #68
BHPian

No, this is not coming from wheels. It comes from the engine bay. I got it checked, they said its nothing more than usual. So, no worries there.
Old 17th September 2012, 19:26   #69
BHPian

Dear all,

The first anniversery is approaching and so is my 3rd free service, at 10K. I've already reached 9956 km.

The Prerana service centre at Old Madras road is closed, and I need to try a different one now. Also, I was not liking it. How is the one at Hosur road? Anybody there that I should specifically ask for? I'm planning the following during this service:

1. Oil change. Even though TATA says at 20k.
2. Wheel aignment/balancing
3. Wiper blades change.
4. WHistling sound when sterring is fully turned to one side, and the car is moving.
5. Sees oils below the radiator. Looks like some leak.
6. Occasionally I get a deisel smell within the cabin. Need to get it checked.
7. Steering alignment/left pulling.

Any thing else anyone recommend?

thanks,
Venu.
vrvarier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 20:21   #70
BHPian

I did my 10k service a few days ago, at Prerana Motors, Kudlu gate, Hosur road, Bngalore. And its another disppointment. In fact, I had the most un-professional service experience of my life. If you plan to go there, ask for SA Mr Joy, and promptly avoid him. He is a perfect example of how a SA should NOT be.

He never asked me if there are any problems. He was in a hurry to create the job card and take off the car. I had to drag him to the car and force him to take note of my problems. He was least interested. This is in spite of being 1st or 2nd customer of the day. The attitude was "ok, 3rd free service. We know what to do. Not interested in anything else."

Forget a test ride. That was out of question.

I had 3 major complaints and 3 minor complaints, out of which 2 major and 1 minor are still open. Funny part is, once the car is ready, he never updated me whether this done or not, and why. I did a trail in his absence and noticed that some of things are not done. I was waiting to see what he is going to say. He never said a thing. When I pointed out this, he then says the part is not available.

After the first oil change the engine feels rejuvanated. Much smoother and powerful.

The car was being attended by two boys, who looked like trainees, but I'm not sure. They did'nt have uniforms. But apparently they do an honest job.

As was told to me, the wheel-alignment and balancing machine is out of order and won't be operational before 20 days.

I got to witness a nasty argument between a customer and one of the officials. I thought he would slap him anytime. Fortunately that did'nt happen. Kind of indicated how the state of affairs are.

High time look beyond Prerana motors.

Got a call from the erstwhile Old Madras Road service centre. They have opened the facility in a new name. Guess no longer prerana. But apparently same team. Anyone knows any details?

One year on, I'm still waiting for a reason to smile. May be I will have a big smile when I sell the car.
Old 10th October 2012, 14:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I did my 10k service a few days ago, at Prerana Motors, Kudlu gate, Hosur road, Bngalore. And its another disppointment. In fact, I had the most un-professional service experience of my life. If you plan to go there, ask for SA Mr Joy, and promptly avoid him. He is a perfect example of how a SA should NOT be.
Send a mail to customer care for Prerana motors [crmhosurroad@pcd.preranamotors.com] and mostly you should have your problem resolved. Also, when the customer care call happens from Tata, make sure that you bring these points out. They will rip the happiness out that SA.

There is a SA by name Prakash and he does a wonderful job. Next time around, probably you can contact him.
Old 10th October 2012, 14:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your sad experience. yes Joyson is not fit to be an SA. This time he only handled my car but I had already prepared a list of issues and made him write them on the job card so all got done. You did not ask for Sharanappa? He is a genuine fellow who will try to solve your issues.

So lot of problems on your car that you are not able to smile even after one year? To bring a instant smile plonk a DieselTronic!!
Old 25th October 2012, 13:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
One year on, I'm still waiting for a reason to smile. May be I will have a big smile when I sell the car.
Well, just few days after I said this, I had a chance for a big ear to ear grin on my face. Did you folks know that this Manza fellow is an awesome guy? He is. Did you folks know that he is the king on highways? He is. I'm ashamed to say at what speeds I drove. Its obscene.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd July 2015 at 07:54.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:52   #74
BHPian

Bumping up this thread after more than 2 years! Manza has crossed 45,000 kms and going strong. Service was due last month but got busy at office, and planning to do soon. I dont have anything as such to complain. All services have been done at the right intervals as per the manufacturer's service schedules. Anything in particular to get checked? Inputs are welcome.

regards,
Venu.
vrvarier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 20:01   #75
BHPian

Hi all

I did my service today(76k on the odo). I did not have anything as such to complain about, except a notchy gear shift. I was advised a clutch overhaul but was told it can wait for some more time. Will changing the gear oil help? or clutch overhaul is the solution? The problem is not bad, though. Reverse gear is the most problematic.

Another news is that I changed to Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 full synthetic oil. Change was instant, and felt very good about the engine sound. But its Rs 1100+ per ltr. Hey Ram!

In spite of all the complaints that I have heard, and experienced myself, I am sticking it out with my manza. It brought me back home everytime, unhurt! Kind of a personal affection!

Cheers!

PS: Noticing that this is my 139th post in 11 years of membership! Remarkable restraint, no? Hope I will not be kicked out for lack of involvement.

Last edited by vrvarier : 18th November 2017 at 20:05. Reason: change
vrvarier is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks