Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 13:53   #121
BHPian

Re: Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT

Even I just ordered ! My car isnt even here and I am going overboard with excitement. Did a PRI yesterday, hopefully it should be with me in a week
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:03   #122
BHPian

Dear Lamboguy,

Thank you for a really crisp and informative writeup. The Jetta looks rather stately and elegant. I am in for a D1 segment car and am torn between the Jetta and the Cruze, both so different in character and yet unique in their own ways!

How many miles have you munched with your steed and what is the cost of ownership of this German?

What is your take on the long term reliability of components?

Would you recommend the Jetta if say, I were planning on keeping the car for at least 10 years or maybe more?

I am told that the Chevvy would be cheaper to own and maintain viz-a-viz the Jetta. Looking forward to have your views please.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

Can you explain how cruise control be operated on an MT? I was under the impression that it is meaningful only for AT.

Once you set the speed, will the set-speed be attained even if you change gears? I am asking this since cruise control deactivates only if we apply brakes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th August 2013, 13:27   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi!

Can you explain how cruise control be operated on an MT? I was under the impression that it is meaningful only for AT.

Once you set the speed, will the set-speed be attained even if you change gears? I am asking this since cruise control deactivates only if we apply brakes.

Thanks in advance.
The cruise control deactivates when you change gear. A bit irritating considering the highly geared nature of the car. My previous Skoda never had this feature, only the brakes deactivated the cruise control.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 15:56   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks in advance.
Ajmat has solved your query pretty accurately. Just one thing though. The cruise control also de-activates as soon as you depress the clutch regardless of whether you change the gear or not.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 15:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The cruise control deactivates when you change gear. A bit irritating considering the highly geared nature of the car. My previous Skoda never had this feature, only the brakes deactivated the cruise control.
Yes. In a AT, cruise control deactivates when we apply brakes.

But not sure if this feature (cruise control) can be effectively used in a MT at all - In which case, feature is almost a waste...

Practically, is this feature helpful on an MT?

By the way, I am planning to upgrade to Jetta Tdi Comfortline... There is also one 2012 model, Laura Tdi MT Elegance available with the Skoda dealer. I may get a good discount. What do you suggest?

My purchase requirement is not immediate. I can wait for Octy launch ..

Last edited by Chethan B G : 28th August 2013 at 16:05.
Old 1st September 2013, 21:27   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
By the way, I am planning to upgrade to Jetta Tdi Comfortline... There is also one 2012 model, Laura Tdi MT Elegance available with the Skoda dealer. I may get a good discount. What do you suggest?

My purchase requirement is not immediate. I can wait for Octy launch ..
Jetta TDI comfortline is an excellent option, but I would suggest to wait for the Octavia launch and compare how the two match up.

Even with good discounts, I would say stay away from the 110bhp 2012 Laura MT.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 22:24   #128
BHPian

Nothing much happening these days with the Jetta so no major updates.

The car did make a trip to the workshop for some noise coming from the front left side. The link rod was replaced and issue was addressed. VW provides warranty on suspension parts only up to 10,000 kms. So this little trip to the workshop did cost me money in spite of the car being less than 2 years old and being covered under warranty.

I did manage to extract amazing FE on my recent Mumbai - Igatpuri trip. This is what i got with 117 kms of sedate driving:

Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-20130908_125008.jpg
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-20130908_125020.jpg

Here are a few pics from various other long drives/ early morning drives:

Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-dsc_5877-ps5.jpg
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-dsc_4065-3-l.jpg
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-dsc_6267-2.jpg
lamboguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 16:43   #129
BHPian

Hey man! Great review and pics. I don't know how I managed to miss the thread (me reads all Jetta ownership reviews). But the cruise control is odd. I bought my car in Aug 12 and it does not have cruise control. So does that mean that there were 3 changes in the car overall? One removing the cruise control, another one adding armrest and other dummy buttons & covering both the boot lid arms and the current one.
Thx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks