Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 20:56   #31
BHPian

Re: My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post
BTW what is this mph display, does it mean that all the distances will be shown in miles & speed in mph instead of kmph. If this is the case ill stick to the current display.
No the odometer display will turn into mph once the car is moving. (You can actually do this by turning the knob which you use to adjust the time at the bottom of the instrument cluster). But once this feature is on you wont get the digital km/h display on the MFD.
Might sound complicated, basically if you change to UK you wont get the digital km/h display on the mfd (instad ull get the speed in mph at the bottom where the odo reading is). By changing to japan you will get the km/l display and you can have the digital km/h display.

Hope i havent confused you !
Old 20th October 2011, 21:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post

Hope i havent confused you !
Nope, you explained it very well . Thanks for the detailed information.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:38   #33
BHPian

Yesterday i did a trip from delhi to ambala, got amazing FE. This car is fun to drive on highways.

Pics of MFD.
My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-1.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-2.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-3.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-4.jpg

Total distance covered 219km, in 05h17m at an average speed of 42kmph.
This includes 50 kms of city driving. On highway i was cruising between 90-120kph.
Got overall fuel efficiency of 4.5l/100km ie 22.22km/lt
Now tell me which 2.0lt Turbo car gives an average of 22.22km/lt for a 219km trip that includes city traffic.

These figures are tempting me to test its FE to its limit on the return journey.
Will be back with more astonishing fuel figures tomorrow after coming back to delhi. Return passage will be done keeping in mind that i have to get good FE , so will have to drive with very light foot with speed limited to 90kph to get maximum FE.
(though very difficult to do so with a turbo DSG under hood with 140bhp , but still i'll try)
.cArMaNiA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 00:00   #34
BHPian

Carmania, you have really pushed me into choosing DSG.
Did a TD today. It was just awesome especially in the S mode the acceleration and the grunt can only be experienced.
I have settled the price with a discount of 25k and additional Corp discount of 10k. But i feel they are charging more for insurance compared to outside, but are insisting that I take it only from dealership.
Did you go with dealer insurance or outside?

Thanks in advance
Old 24th October 2011, 09:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
Carmania, you have really pushed me into choosing DSG.
Did a TD today. It was just awesome especially in the S mode the acceleration and the grunt can only be experienced.
I have settled the price with a discount of 25k and additional Corp discount of 10k. But i feel they are charging more for insurance compared to outside, but are insisting that I take it only from dealership.
Did you go with dealer insurance or outside?

Thanks in advance
Bala.V, DSG is just superb & you will never regret in future. Now i wonder if i had taken cruze LTZ it would have been my biggest mistake of the life. DSG is made for enthusiasts.

I got a corporate discount of 17.5k, i opted for insurance from dealer only as extended warranty was given only if i get the car insured from dealer. Here in delhi skoda normally give quotes for bajaj, but i insisted on icici lombard and got the deal finalized through dealer itself. It was around 7k cheaper than bajaj. For a piece of mind donot forget to take 0% depreciation in your insurance policy, as plastic parts are very very costly for skodas.
Old 24th October 2011, 09:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey congrats on your new car. Skoda always looks such a tempting choice and I hope they improve on there after sales service and make the ownership of a Skoda a truly happy experience.

Regarding your exhaust pipe problem: Just get a muffler cutter. It will enhance the look of the car, prevent the blackening from happening and also probably protect your exhaust pipe from rusting in the long process.
Old 24th October 2011, 12:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Bala.V, DSG is just superb & you will never regret in future. Now i wonder if i had taken cruze LTZ it would have been my biggest mistake of the life. DSG is made for enthusiasts.

I got a corporate discount of 17.5k, i opted for insurance from dealer only as extended warranty was given only if i get the car insured from dealer. Here in delhi skoda normally give quotes for bajaj, but i insisted on icici lombard and got the deal finalized through dealer itself. It was around 7k cheaper than bajaj. For a piece of mind donot forget to take 0% depreciation in your insurance policy, as plastic parts are very very costly for skodas.
Thanks Carmania. I do not intend to go for extended warranty as it seems that the warranty is applicable for only manufacturing defects and wear and tear and i feel that any manufacturing defect would come out in the first two years itself. They are willing to reduce Rs.18000 for extended warranty surrender.
Old 24th October 2011, 12:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey congrats on your new car. Skoda always looks such a tempting choice and I hope they improve on there after sales service and make the ownership of a Skoda a truly happy experience.

Regarding your exhaust pipe problem: Just get a muffler cutter. It will enhance the look of the car, prevent the blackening from happening and also probably protect your exhaust pipe from rusting in the long process.
Thanks for the advise. Ya if they improve there A.S.S, it would be a segment leader i guess.
Muffler cutter , i dont have any idea what it is & where to procure from. excuse if it sounds silly..but are these the exhaust chrome tips you are talking about.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:57   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Muffler cutter , i dont have any idea what it is & where to procure from. excuse if it sounds silly..but are these the exhaust chrome tips you are talking about.
Yes its the same thing. The chrome covers. They are meant to be for exactly this purpose and you wont find any blackening there-after. I would really recommend you to get one.

You can buy it from the dealer itself as its not very costly. For my altis it costed me around 600Rs from the dealer. So aftermarket shops may be you will get it for 3-400 perhaps. You can look around and decide depending on the price difference.
Old 6th November 2011, 15:16   #40
BHPian

Recently on return journey from ambala to delhi got some mind blowing fuel efficiency.

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-dsc00115.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-dsc00116.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-dsc00119.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-dsc00120.jpg

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-dsc00122.jpg

Before departure from ambala, got the tank full.
Drove the car very light foot to get the best fuel average. From delhi to ambala i got average fuel efficiency of 4.5l/100km, so i was driving to get some respectable figures on the return passage.

These pics are taken while driving on highway when i got the best fuel figures till date from this car.
Distance covered 159km, in 02h37m at an average speed of 61kmph.
On highway i was cruising between 70-85kph.
Got overall fuel efficiency of 3.6l/100km ie 27.8km/lt
I do not think any 2.0lt Turbo car gives an average of 27.8km/lt on highway for a distance of 159km apart from laura. Also note that full tank range shown on Display is 1390kms. Excuse if i am wrong, but i guess these are the best figures from a laura TDI on Team-Bhp till date.
Old 6th November 2011, 22:10   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for my late entry to this thread. Congratulations for your new car!! I have been driving this car for almost an year now, believe me this is an extremely satisfying car to own. The kind of FE figures you have posted are very easy to achieve with this car, i am not patient enough to drive too slow but even at speed i get extremely good FE figures good enough to make small cars go green with envy.

I guess i have crossed your car on NH10. BTW, Which bulbs for DRL?

Your Zen looks very well kept for its age. Have you sold it?

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th November 2011 at 23:05.
Old 6th November 2011, 22:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Your thread makes me feel nostalgic about my Laura which I lost in an accident. It is great to drive and always gives very impressive FE. Btw, about the last mileage you reported, is most of the route downhill? Usually round-trip numbers are more reliable because one-way numbers could be influenced by the terrain. Not saying the numbers are impossible - but I experienced this in Bangalore. Bangalore is at a higher elevation - so the FE figures differ based on the direction I am traveling.
Old 6th November 2011, 23:02   #43
BANNED

Quote:
I do not think any 2.0lt Turbo car gives an average of 27.8km/lt on highway for a distance of 159km apart from laura. Also note that full tank range shown on Display is 1390kms. Excuse if i am wrong, but i guess these are the best figures from a laura TDI on Team-Bhp till date.
Car Mania, being an FE maniac myself, I am a huge fan of the Laura for a long time now and your FE figures have me salivating.

How many passengers have you travelled with in it and for what distances? I ask this since rear passenger room is probably the only reservation I have about the Laura.
Old 6th November 2011, 23:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its mazing how this beast of an engine returns such high FE figures. its worth all the extra money spent over a Cruze AT!
Old 7th November 2011, 12:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Sorry for my late entry to this thread. Congratulations for your new car!! I have been driving this car for almost an year now, believe me this is an extremely satisfying car to own. The kind of FE figures you have posted are very easy to achieve with this car, i am not patient enough to drive too slow but even at speed i get extremely good FE figures good enough to make small cars go green with envy.
Thanks mate, As i have mentioned in my first post in this thread,i got influenced by your ownership thread to purchase a laura, so again thanks for the detailed information.

Usually i drive fast keeping rpm in range of 1.8k-2.5k to be within the massive torque range all the time. But one day i decided to restrict myself to low speeds to get this kind of figures from this car, Otherwise this beast is made to be driven fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman;
I guess i have crossed your car on NH10.BTW, Which bulbs for DRL?
Its quite possible, as i frequently drive from Bgarh to delhi.
These are super white xenons, purchased online from HIDS-UK. These look classy than the stock bulb, and also these are CANBUS error free unlike LED's, so it does not trigger warning light in instrument cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman;
Your Zen looks very well kept for its age. Have you sold it?
Our zen met with a horrifying car accident last month & was a total loss. Purchased Polo TDI last week as a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-zen2.jpg  

My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente-zen1.jpg  

.cArMaNiA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks