Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 12:43   #106
BHPian

Re: My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For a check up before purchase the authorized guys are the best bet.

1) When I bought my Laura 1.9PD AT, I had it serviced at MY cost by JMD - Cost Rs. 10,000 then - Issues still came up later but since the car was in warranty it was covered in warranty. The Deal with the dealer was that if after service JMD reported any major issues I could back out of the deal. Rs. 10,000 was towards Service which was anyways due and also advance to block the vehicle. I would have lost the money if I backed out and the car would have got a free service.

2) The other option is to take the car for a check up to JMD - I suggest them as they are better and more reasonably priced. They should charge you about Rs. 2000-2500 for a checkup including a VAS Scan. Tell them that you will get the car serviced with them once you buy it.

A VAS Scan is important, there are many third party service guy (one in Bandra near Carter Road is where the tuner Kirus operates out of) I ofcourse use someone in Thane. But getting it checked with authorized guys first up would be better.

By the way what price points, year, model are you at right now on the deal.
Thanks for your reply.
The second option sounds good to me, as the dealer is not giving any guarantees on the car.

Which JMD are you familiar with? I have heard that service quality and reliability varies between the different outlets. I stay in Goregaon, so the Kandivali one would be more convenient. However if service quality is bad then I am willing to drive some distance.

Regarding the one in Bandra, it would be great if you could provide me with more details.

The model I'm looking at is a 2008 L&K, with 62000 kms on the odo. There are numerous scratches on the outside, but the interiors are impeccably maintained (even though it's beige). He has quoted 8 lakhs, but quickly mentioned it's negotiable when I showed him my face.

How much do you think I can bring down the price to? 7 lakhs is something I would be comfortable with.
Old 11th March 2013, 13:02   #107
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Thanks for your reply.
The second option sounds good to me, as the dealer is not giving any guarantees on the car.

Which JMD are you familiar with? I have heard that service quality and reliability varies between the different outlets. I stay in Goregaon, so the Kandivali one would be more convenient. However if service quality is bad then I am willing to drive some distance.

Regarding the one in Bandra, it would be great if you could provide me with more details.

The model I'm looking at is a 2008 L&K, with 62000 kms on the odo. There are numerous scratches on the outside, but the interiors are impeccably maintained (even though it's beige). He has quoted 8 lakhs, but quickly mentioned it's negotiable when I showed him my face.

How much do you think I can bring down the price to? 7 lakhs is something I would be comfortable with.
I have used JMD Andheri (which got burnt) and the new one came up at Kandivali. I mainly use JMD Bhandup (Mulund) Speak to Sudarshan - He is good - Mob: +91 - nine eight six seven five five one eight seven four. He is a senior now and will asign someone. You can give him my reference Anand - Blue Laura from Thane Ghodbunder Road - Big Sized Guy.

Suggest you say you want to get a potential purchase laura checked out and say that if you buy it you will get it serviced there in the future and possibly immediately if it is due. If they quote high ask them can they do a check up in Rs. 2500 max else you would have to get the check up work done outside.

7 would be very good for the year for L&K, Even 7.35 would be good.

Laura Beige Leather Interiors are good quality if one gives it one round of interior work it looks new, The cloth on the roof lining though over times becomes loose with too much cleaning and I had to replace mine.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 14:08   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have used JMD Andheri (which got burnt) and the new one came up at Kandivali. I mainly use JMD Bhandup (Mulund) Speak to Sudarshan - He is good - Mob: +91 - nine eight six seven five five one eight seven four. He is a senior now and will asign someone. You can give him my reference Anand - Blue Laura from Thane Ghodbunder Road - Big Sized Guy.

Suggest you say you want to get a potential purchase laura checked out and say that if you buy it you will get it serviced there in the future and possibly immediately if it is due. If they quote high ask them can they do a check up in Rs. 2500 max else you would have to get the check up work done outside.

7 would be very good for the year for L&K, Even 7.35 would be good.

Laura Beige Leather Interiors are good quality if one gives it one round of interior work it looks new, The cloth on the roof lining though over times becomes loose with too much cleaning and I had to replace mine.
Thanks for that! I gave him a call just now, as soon as I said "biggish guy" he recalled you instantly.

I told him that I was looking to purchase a Laura, and he said he would definitely help me out. I just have to call him againt to fix an appointment, and he quoted a price of approx Rs. 1500/- for the check up.

He even retrieved the service records for me without creating a fuss unlike Autobahn. The car had been serviced at 54000 kms in January 2012. Now the odo reads 62,000 but more than one year has passed, so service is due now.

Anyway, can't thank you enough, mate! I'll keep you updated!
Old 19th November 2013, 15:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
::::

He even retrieved the service records for me without creating a fuss unlike Autobahn. The car had been serviced at 54000 kms in January 2012. Now the odo reads 62,000 but more than one year has passed, so service is due now.

Anyway, can't thank you enough, mate! I'll keep you updated!
@EagleEye: Know its an old thread, but curious to know whether you finally took the plunge and went for the Laura AT mentioned in your thread. I too had picked up a preowned Laura 1.9 DSG. Hence checking out other fellow members in t-bhp. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks