Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 10:01   #76
BHPian

Re: Upgrade 3 - Headlights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingandy View Post
Hi Vikash,

Amazing post and love the mods done to your ride. I am a fellow owner of a Honda City but the type 2 (2008 model) and am looking for a headlight upgrade as the OEM's which come stock are quite useless especially on highways.

Would you happen to know if these same Philips X-Treme Vision 60/55w H4 bulbs could be fitted onto my vehicle, Is the light socket for the ANHC and NHC the same?

Thanks for your help
Hi, thanks for your appreciation

Yes, these bulbs are a direct fit for your car too.... and they are totally worth the upgrade!

Take care..
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 00:07   #77
BHPian

Re: Upgrade 3 - Headlights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Yes, these bulbs are a direct fit for your car too.... and they are totally worth the upgrade!.
BTW Have you explore using any LED lights for the factory fog lamps?

I am asking since one of my fog light bulb has gone kaput and I am thinking of getting a better replacement, if there is one.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed

I was searching for an official review of the All New Honda City, but found none. I think this is the apt place for posting the photo below and my query.

Is the picture below a new model of the City with an elevated rear to address G.C. issues? Or was it a custom job? I took this picture in our office parking lot, and it was an unregistered car.

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-wp_20130903_002.jpg
Old 6th September 2013, 11:15   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was searching for an official review of the All New Honda City, but found none. I think this is the apt place for posting the photo below and my query.

Is the picture below a new model of the City with an elevated rear to address G.C. issues? Or was it a custom job? I took this picture in our office parking lot, and it was an unregistered car.

Attachment 1134557
I drive a 2012 City, and have not faced issues with Ground clearance. I cannot clearly say if the attached picture is stock or custom.
My only grunt is the suspicion is a little stiff in the newer ones.
Old 6th September 2013, 11:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
I drive a 2012 City, and have not faced issues with Ground clearance. I cannot clearly say if the attached picture is stock or custom.
My only grunt is the suspicion is a little stiff in the newer ones.
I've heard that 2012 models have stiffer suspension, but this one looks like the rear is on stilts! And being a brand new car, I thought this was how the new model looks like!
Old 6th September 2013, 11:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I've heard that 2012 models have stiffer suspension, but this one looks like the rear is on stilts! And being a brand new car, I thought this was how the new model looks like!
I don't think the newer model has a stiffer suspension, though I can't be sure about that. The refreshed Civic (the one with octagonal tail lamps instead of round) has a stiffer suspension, but I don't think that was done in City. What City definitely has is 5 mm of increased GC, from 160 mm to 165 mm. The one pictured is the new (2012) facelifted version of City, but I agree with you - the rear looks awkward with those puny tyres, and seems abnormal compared to the other 2012 Citys that I see on road. Could those be smaller sized tyres and hence the issue?
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I don't think the newer model has a stiffer suspension, though I can't be sure about that. The refreshed Civic (the one with octagonal tail lamps instead of round) has a stiffer suspension, but I don't think that was done in City. What City definitely has is 5 mm of increased GC, from 160 mm to 165 mm. The one pictured is the new (2012) facelifted version of City, but I agree with you - the rear looks awkward with those puny tyres, and seems abnormal compared to the other 2012 Citys that I see on road. Could those be smaller sized tyres and hence the issue?
I think I was confused with the Civic on the stiffened suspension part, thanks for correcting me.

As regards the tyres at the rear, they were of the same size as the front. But it looks like they've increased the height of the shocks at the rear, giving it a 'stilted' look.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Recently my 2012 City does look the same, especially the rears. The reason, I started filling up Air at Shell @ 32psi
The GC improvement is not that good, atleast for me. But the way we drive, we can manage scrapless bottoms.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Recently my 2012 City does look the same, especially the rears. The reason, I started filling up Air at Shell @ 32psi
The GC improvement is not that good, atleast for me. But the way we drive, we can manage scrapless bottoms.
Pardon me, but there's no way that filling 32 psi will elevate the car by 4 to 6 inches, as is the case with the picture I posted. I think it takes stiffer and longer shocks to do the job.
Old 6th September 2013, 23:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon me, but there's no way that filling 32 psi will elevate the car by 4 to 6 inches, as is the case with the picture I posted. I think it takes stiffer and longer shocks to do the job.
May be not. Because I have looked at my vehicle umpteen times in all angles and have never noticed such a huge gap between the tires and the body. This I noticed only after filling air at Shell. Or may be, as part of a service, the suspensions would have been tweaked/stiffened.
Old 26th January 2014, 18:34   #86
BHPian

21kmpl on road fron a 117bhp Petrol engine!

This is what a recent 'mileage conscious' highway drive yielded

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20131129_102310.jpg

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20131129_102320.jpg

Yes! You read that right 20.2 kmpl over an 83.8km trip!

And if I factor in the 4.27% speedo error due to my larger 195/65 R15 tyres, then it works to be 21.06 kmpl

Thank you HONDA!
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 23:44   #87
BHPian

Hi, can you tell us why you have choosen 195/65/15 and not 195/60/15 though the later is widely described as the best option. Have you find any issues like decrease in ride quality, tyre touching the rim etc.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 29th January 2014, 09:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Hi, can you tell us why you have choosen 195/65/15 and not 195/60/15 though the later is widely described as the best option. Have you find any issues like decrease in ride quality, tyre touching the rim etc.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Please read detailed analysis behind this upgrade here
Old 20th March 2014, 15:50   #89
BHPian

Hi Vikash49,

You have put together a fantastic thread to help all TBHPians.

On your thread dated 21st January 2012, 21:28, where you got the Fog Lamps fitted, you mentioned "Total Cost - 6,300/- (excluding cost of fog lamp which I had bought online)". Could you please share the online source from where you purchased the Fog Lamps.
I have a 2010 ANHC V MT variant which came with factory fitted Fog Lamps, unfortunately the glass of both of them broke on highway rides (stones/pebbles hitting at high speed). I am looking for replacing them but at Honda Showroom they cost approx 19,000/- for the pair.
I assume your online purchase cost less..? Please share details.

Thanks.
Amit.
Old 19th July 2014, 19:53   #90
BHPian

Apologies for the late reply as I have not visited this thread for long!

I had got a similar quote of 18~20k for the full set from the Honda dealer and had found it prohibitively expensive. So I had no other option but to go the online route.

I bought the complete kit on EBAY. This was made in Taiwan and had CE and E-Mark certification which is supposedly mandatory for supply to European countries. It had cost me just over USD 100 including shipping. Quality was top notch too. It has been couple of years since, and they have been performing just like OEM

Found a similar kit on EBAY.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
Hi Vikash49,

You have put together a fantastic thread to help all TBHPians.

On your thread dated 21st January 2012, 21:28, where you got the Fog Lamps fitted, you mentioned "Total Cost - 6,300/- (excluding cost of fog lamp which I had bought online)". Could you please share the online source from where you purchased the Fog Lamps.
I have a 2010 ANHC V MT variant which came with factory fitted Fog Lamps, unfortunately the glass of both of them broke on highway rides (stones/pebbles hitting at high speed). I am looking for replacing them but at Honda Showroom they cost approx 19,000/- for the pair.
I assume your online purchase cost less..? Please share details.

Thanks.
Amit.

Last edited by vikash49 : 19th July 2014 at 19:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks