Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Sign of 8 - Owning Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi, The Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenbalan View Post
I also own a 2004 Octavia.It has done 110000 kms very good condition but the spares are expensive , it is a good car to drive in city and highways it is a dream. Got so used to the skoda my next car will ba european make for Sure. Your car looks great can you share the price.

Praveen
He has mentioned 4 lakhs in post # 13

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd June 2013 at 16:11.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 13:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey I seem to have missed this thread all this while. A very late congratulations to you! Octavia has always been my favourite when it comes to a sedan's looks. Its elegant lines and overall demeanor are a class apart. I'll still pick the Octy over a Laura for its looks.

And - a pleasant surprise to find a fan of Lee Falk's Mandrake. We are becoming a very rare breed you know!

Happy Motoring!
Yes, a dying breed indeed!

Most folks are like - Lee who?

Lee Falk passed away quietly and a generation lost its source of lucid imaginative magnetic personalities of characters.
Old 9th June 2013, 14:23   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketantendulkar View Post

Yes, a dying breed indeed!

Most folks are like - Lee who?

Lee Falk passed away quietly and a generation lost its source of lucid imaginative magnetic personalities of characters.
I loved the Phantom Comics. Especially the Big Bad Wolf 'Devil' who went everywhere with The Phantom and the superb Horse 'Hero'.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 19:52   #64
BHPian

Hello octy lovers,
I amminnthe market with a tight budget but for a diesel automatic car.

I am being offered a 2005 1.9tdi automatic which has clocked 65k kms. What is your take on whether I should go buy it or not? The car looks in good shape. What I am worried about is the 4 speed auto box which was sold in very small numbers. Experts please throw some light and help me find a direction.
Thanks
Aravind
Old 31st December 2015, 00:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post
Hello octy lovers,
I amminnthe market with a tight budget but for a diesel automatic car.

I am being offered a 2005 1.9tdi automatic which has clocked 65k kms. What is your take on whether I should go buy it or not? The car looks in good shape. What I am worried about is the 4 speed auto box which was sold in very small numbers. Experts please throw some light and help me find a direction.
Thanks
Aravind
Hi,
If it is a red color elegance octavia, second owner, with 3 digit registration no., listed in an online portal, then the meter is tampered. The car initially belonged to one of my friend and he sold it last year with the odo nearly at 90k kms. Do cross check the service history.

Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 19:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Hi,
If it is a red color elegance octavia, second owner, with 3 digit registration no., listed in an online portal, then the meter is tampered. The car initially belonged to one of my friend and he sold it last year with the odo nearly at 90k kms. Do cross check the service history.

Thanks
Hi Stable rock,
It is a red color, elegance 1.9TDI AUTOMATIC listed on the online portal. Not sure about the registration number though. Will go and inspect on Saturday and if it is a 3 digit number then I will escape the scene

Apart from that, is it possible to tamper the digital meter? I thought it was not possible and took the odo reading to be genuine.

Any advise on the 4 speed auto box? Is it as notorious as the DSG which came on the later models of Laura.

Thanks,

Aravind
Old 1st January 2016, 14:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Apparently the car does not have a 3 digit registration number. However, as you said, I am worried about the meter tampering part. Is there anyway by which you can check if the meter is tampered or not? And will availing parts for the auto box be difficult should it fail in the future?

Also experts, what would be an ideal price that I should be looking at if I were to pick the car? Once again, it is a 2005 model, second owner, Elegance Automatic 1.9TDi with a claimed 65k on the odo.

Thanks,

Aravind
Old 11th October 2020, 15:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post

Also experts, what would be an ideal price that I should be looking at if I were to pick the car? Once again, it is a 2005 model, second owner, Elegance Automatic 1.9TDi with a claimed 65k on the odo.
I personally think that the five speed manual which was more prefered in the 1.9 TDi will be a lot better. It's more rewarding to drive and it offers you more control over the car. I can vouch for these facts as I own one of these myself. Check out other threads too if you are still in doubt.

Thanks
OctYFAN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks