Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 23:44   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I have gone for the Blue colour.
If you haven't taken delivery,I'd strongly recommend a change of colour ;and I speak from experience.
Old 28th December 2011, 00:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Thanks misquitas. Quite detailed.

As I mentioned earlier - my wife needs a car thats not jaded/outdated. So despite Santro being a real classic - no chance.

My earlier WagonR, bless her old soul has been quite accomodating for the past 8 years. But the A.S.S really fleece me. So I'm avoiding Maruti. The same may hold true for other brands too - but Maruti thinks it runs a monopoly.

Anyway - I gave the WagonR for service at Ignite(ECR) and the Senior Engineer Raghav told me that the vehicle is in good condition and I should use it for another year. So I can wait.
Since looks are important to your wife, the Eon would be your best bet at this point in time and within a budget of about 3.5L. But since you can wait for a year or so with your existing WagonR, you could well be in luck. You may have the benefit of choosing from newer cars that enter the market next year, or even, the Eon could well come with more discounts by next year, once the sales stabilise.
Old 28th December 2011, 09:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If you haven't taken delivery,I'd strongly recommend a change of colour ;and I speak from experience.
Hi Vigsom, can you please elaborate on your experience?
A Blue EON looks good.
Rather let me state that all color paint finish from Hyundai are good.

Wonder if your experience is related to dark colors in general and irrespective of which company car it is from?

Mine is a Mushroom color EON, whats your take on that?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Quite often, people (including some on this forum) buy Hyundai hatches (Eon, i10 and i20) without understanding the strengths and weaknesses of those cars and then use the cars, keeping other cars in mind. The result: total disappointment with their Hyundai car.
So what? You are talking like a Hyundai customer care executive. The above mentioned thing holds not only for Hyundai, but for all cars.

i10 is known for poor FE, bumpy ride, bad handling, i20 for steering column rattles, with-AC pickup, bad FE, Santro for bumpy ride at the rear, Eon for the 'vibrator', WR and Estilo for poor handling and poor low end torque, A-Star for limited boot space, Figo Petrol for poor FE and decade-old looks, Indica family for never ending niggles, etc. But does that mean that these problems are not to be addressed by the respective manufacturers?

Quote:
It's unfortunate that you had to experience a lousy service advisor at the service station. ... But let's hope that this was a one-off incident and that you will have better memories of the Eon and Hyundai.
Again, you are talking like a Hyundai customer care executive!
Old 28th December 2011, 13:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
,,, year, or even, the Eon could well come with more discounts by next year, once the sales stabilise.
Its unsure that Eon will be offered with discounts in coming years as in past Hyundai - i10,i20 , likely to charge premium and will settle with the numbers it fetches with that premium
Old 28th December 2011, 15:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
So what? You are talking like a Hyundai customer care executive. The above mentioned thing holds not only for Hyundai, but for all cars.

i10 is known for poor FE, bumpy ride, bad handling, i20 for steering column rattles, with-AC pickup, bad FE, Santro for bumpy ride at the rear, Eon for the 'vibrator', WR and Estilo for poor handling and poor low end torque, A-Star for limited boot space, Figo Petrol for poor FE and decade-old looks, Indica family for never ending niggles, etc. But does that mean that these problems are not to be addressed by the respective manufacturers?
I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to say. My point is that NO car is perfect in all aspects and all cars will have their plus and minus features. Cetrain manufacturers would lay an emphasis on cabin space, while others may focus on FE. Some others may brag about the "fund-to-drive" capabilities of a particular car. It could well be impossible to conceive and deliver a car has scores a perfect 10 on all aspects and at the same time please ALL kinds of customers.

In my opinion, no manufacturer would take delight in having a car which has more minus points than plus points and it is the duty of every customer, as with any other purchase, to understand the strengths and weakness of the product.

There is no point cribbing about the product when little homework/research is done on the product and simply going to buy a product based on brochures, TV advertisements or company press releases. Communities like team-bhp or expert opinions are perfect reference/research areas to pick up details of cars that manufacturers may have left out of the brochure.

Different cars generally cater to different segments of customers and there is no point buying a Hummer if you are interested in good FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Again, you are talking like a Hyundai customer care executive!
To some extent, all of us are indirect brand ambassadors of products that we own to our satisfaction. If we have had a good experience with a particular product, we are more than likely to spread the word about the good features of the product to relatives and friends.

So, if I am happy with any particular product -- TV, fridge or car -- I am more than happy to endorce it or give it my vote of confidence. If, in your opinion, I am a "customer executive" of all these products that I like, so be it. I sure would like to be treated as an "executive customer" though.

Last edited by misquitas : 28th December 2011 at 15:05.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:24   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hi Vigsom, can you please elaborate on your experience?

Wonder if your experience is related to dark colors in general and irrespective of which company car it is from?
If I were to buy a Eon, I'd go only with White,Silver or Mushroom.

I had a Francoise white Padmini,followed by a white Esteem , a Superior white Versa,and my current car is a blue Corolla - the last one was a colour by force and not by choice.

While blues and blacks look outstanding in the showroom, they are not able to mask the dust in our conditions.

It becomes frustrating to see the car dusty after one has spent over an hour and a half cleaning it.

With major cities and towns seeing Infrastructure projects , it is best to be practical and buy colours that look bright(unless,of course,one has a guy who keeps cleaning the car all day)
Old 28th December 2011, 17:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to say. My point is that NO car is perfect in all aspects and all cars will have their plus and minus features.
Now your point is correct. But when you say "people (including some on this forum) buy Hyundai hatches (Eon, i10 and i20) without understanding the strengths and weaknesses of those cars", it conveys another meaning, IMO.
Old 29th December 2011, 09:47   #54
BHPian

Finally got my Insurance Policy from ICIC Lombard, little less than 2 months after registration and insurance formalities.
There was a Cover Note given by the dealer and i was told that the policy will be sent to my residence within 15 days. Follow up with dealer did not help as he asked me to contact ICICI Lombard directly.

Wonder how safe it was to ply with just the cover note?

Got in touch with the customer care and with little effort final got the policy on my mail.
The effort to get it was because, my contact number (mobile/landline) was not updated with ICICI Lombard, the dealer had given his number instead. My address was not correctly mentioned in the cover note and hence was wrong in the system. Engine and Chassis number was partly mentioned with dirty handwriting to say the least.
Its horrible that despite giving all the details the dealer (i believe the salesperson in particluar ) did not bother to put correct information across to the Insurance company.

I think it's been carelessness on my part as well to not raise the alarm earlier, nevertheless a lesson learnt and hence sharing with others.
Old 29th December 2011, 12:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my Insurance Policy from ICIC Lombard, little less than 2 months after registration and insurance formalities.
There was a Cover Note given by the dealer and i was told that the policy will be sent to my residence within 15 days. Follow up with dealer did not help as he asked me to contact ICICI Lombard directly.

Wonder how safe it was to ply with just the cover note?

Got in touch with the customer care and with little effort final got the policy on my mail.
The effort to get it was because, my contact number (mobile/landline) was not updated with ICICI Lombard, the dealer had given his number instead. My address was not correctly mentioned in the cover note and hence was wrong in the system. Engine and Chassis number was partly mentioned with dirty handwriting to say the least.
Its horrible that despite giving all the details the dealer (i believe the salesperson in particluar ) did not bother to put correct information across to the Insurance company.

I think it's been carelessness on my part as well to not raise the alarm earlier, nevertheless a lesson learnt and hence sharing with others.
Just one unsolicited advice from my side - next year, at the time of your insurance policy renewal, please move away from ICICI and choose some other insurance provider with good record.

Please go through the insurance thread, where it is unanimously agreed by all members that ICICI and Reliance can be dicey during claims settlement.

Also, for the current policy, put pressure on your dealer to get all details correctly mentioned in the policy. Threaten the dealer that you would write a mail to Hyundai motors if the corrective action is not taken ASAP.

If you have taken the policy from the dealer, it is his responsibility to ensure correctness of data and timely delivery of the policy to the customer. Don't let the dealer fool around with you.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 17:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If you have taken the policy from the dealer, it is his responsibility to ensure correctness of data and timely delivery of the policy to the customer. Don't let the dealer fool around with you.
Rohan
Thanks Rohan, i have taken the policy through the dealer and as advised i will get in touch with him and get the details corrected in my policy. Thanks. It is indeed his responsibility to take care of these simple things.
Old 31st December 2011, 17:35   #57
BHPian

OK friends, here are some more pictures after my car is fully loaded with all the accesories.

The External view is to show the sunfilm done on the car - Garware Charcoal RTO approved sunfilm on the four windows and rear windshield.

The front windshield just gets a band on top to avoid direct sunlight while driving.

The seat covers - well, i wanted to keep them simple. Two tome Black and Beige to match the interiors.

Liked the pillow support on the front seats. These give a good neck rest and make the drive really comfortable.

The Beige coloured mats get dirty but then look good with the interiors. these are the universal ones, the original mats from Hyundia are still not available.

Atomica car security system, have updated about it under the accesories thread earlier along with the pictures.

Total Cost:
Seat Covers - 4500 with fitting
Pillows - 300
Sun Film - 1350
Atomica security system - 2600 - with reverse horn
Mats - 450
JBL 5 1/4 speakers - 1350 (i am loving the music in my car)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9421.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9423.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9426.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9425.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9431.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9433.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-100_9438.jpg  

Old 31st December 2011, 19:42   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The External view is to show the sunfilm done on the car - Garware Charcoal RTO approved sunfilm on the four windows and rear windshield.
Is this the Garware Classic/Classic Lite pack?

You would find the GARWARE mark and some dot matrix style lettering somewhere on the film.What does it read?
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
OK friends, here are some more pictures after my car is fully loaded with all the accesories.

JBL 5 1/4 speakers - 1350 (i am loving the music in my car)
Could you post some pictures of your car speakers. I think eon has provision for 2 speakers only , on front door .

What would be the max size of speakers that the door takes.

I am looking to put a budget music system on our eon once i take delivery shortly.
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Is this the Garware Classic/Classic Lite pack?

You would find the GARWARE mark and some dot matrix style lettering somewhere on the film.What does it read?
HI. this is interesting. i dont think there are any lettering/ marks on the film, will check throughly again. Does this question the authenticity of the film? Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Could you post some pictures of your car speakers. I think eon has provision for 2 speakers only , on front door .

What would be the max size of speakers that the door takes.

I am looking to put a budget music system on our eon once i take delivery shortly.
EON Magna(O) and Sportz have provision for 51/4" speakers in the rear besides the parcel tray (similar to that in Santro). i shall try and put some pictures by this coming week end. Since yours is an ERA variant i guess you may have to use the parcel tray.
I am not sure about the size and make of the front door speakers, had seen them while my car security system was installed but don't have any detailed information.
Looking forward to your EON experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks