Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:33   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
HI. this is interesting. i dont think there are any lettering/ marks on the film, will check throughly again. Does this question the authenticity of the film? Please advise.
Garware has the International,International Lite,Classic and Classic Lite as box packs - and these come with the lettering printed on the edge of the film.

If you don't find lettering,I feel the sun film guy must have used 50% VLT film from a large roll; not that it is inferior but then no warranty for this stuff.

Did the accessory guy give you a 3 year or 1 year guarantee card?I suspect not.

anyways,now that the film is installed,don't bother.My experience tells me even the normal film lasts 6-7 years by which time it'd have scratch marks all over
Old 7th January 2012, 12:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
EON Magna(O) and Sportz have provision for 51/4" speakers in the rear besides the parcel tray (similar to that in Santro). i shall try and put some pictures by this coming week end. Since yours is an ERA variant i guess you may have to use the parcel tray.
I am not sure about the size and make of the front door speakers, had seen them while my car security system was installed but don't have any detailed information.
Looking forward to your EON experience.
You are right. I will need to use the Parcel Tray . Problem is that Hyundai wouldnt even have that in stock right now. They have absolutely no spares / addons available for EON .

The local accessory guys however have Eon size wooden tray that can be used to fix speakers. I am only wondering if that would lead to rattles later on.

Front doors take only 4 Inch speakers . Dont think there are good options avilable in 4 inch size . These speakers are quite cheap though. Rs 750 for a pair , but would be quite basic i am sure.

Would mostly need to go for an oval speaker install in the rear on the parcel tray .
Old 7th January 2012, 23:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Problem is that Hyundai wouldnt even have that in stock right now. They have absolutely no spares / addons available for EON
Couldn't agree with you more. My family bought the ERA variant. At the time of booking itself, we had ordered for Left ORVM and it's yet to be delivered. I had the car with me for over a month now, clocked over 1600 kms.
Old 8th January 2012, 11:43   #64
BHPian

I had also ordered left side ORVM at booking time ( Almost 3 weeks back ) , but not going to get it as stocks are not there . My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow .
Old 8th January 2012, 15:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If you don't find lettering,I feel the sun film guy must have used 50% VLT film from a large roll; not that it is inferior but then no warranty for this stuff.

Did the accessory guy give you a 3 year or 1 year guarantee card?I suspect not.

anyways,now that the film is installed,don't bother.My experience tells me even the normal film lasts 6-7 years by which time it'd have scratch marks all over
I agree with you Vigsom, won't bother about the film now, am sure it will last for 5-6 years. there are no marks on the film for sure and neither did i get any warranty card for the same. The film is serving its purpose so that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Problem is that Hyundai wouldnt even have that in stock right now. They have absolutely no spares / addons available for EON .
Yes, that is a problem, no standard accesories are available so far. i waited quite some time to get EON mattings, yet they are not available. Finally went for standard floor mats, the boot is still left uncovered.

Quote:
The local accessory guys however have Eon size wooden tray that can be used to fix speakers. I am only wondering if that would lead to rattles later on.
The standard parcel trays have rubber blob at the rear side that touches the rear windshield. this ensures that the parcel tray stays intact from rear and does not rattle as it is secured from all sides. Make sure that you provision for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. My family bought the ERA variant. At the time of booking itself, we had ordered for Left ORVM and it's yet to be delivered. I had the car with me for over a month now, clocked over 1600 kms.
That is Sad Reventon. 1600 Kms in a month, can you please update on the FE for the car and also mention about your user experience.

Quote:
I had also ordered left side ORVM at booking time ( Almost 3 weeks back ) , but not going to get it as stocks are not there . My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow .
Congrats for the delivery of your car, Don't forget to inspect thoroughly and do keep updating about your experience.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
That is Sad Reventon. 1600 Kms in a month, can you please update on the FE for the car and also mention about your user experience.
I can't say much about FE because i wanted to wait until after 2000 kms to do the tank full method, so that i'll have a more realistic figure then. It's somewhere in the ballpark of 15kmpl. Plus, we use the car for extremely short distances(<3km) only.

I'm planning to do a detailed ownership report. Overall, I'm quite happy with the car. The only issue i had so far was with the AC. Turned out, they delivered the car without filling the gas! The car was taken to get the refill done and it works perfectly now. Any other specific aspect of the car you want to know, please ask.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I can't say much about FE because i wanted to wait until after 2000 kms to do the tank full method, so that i'll have a more realistic figure then. It's somewhere in the ballpark of 15kmpl. Plus, we use the car for extremely short distances(<3km) only.

I'm planning to do a detailed ownership report. Overall, I'm quite happy with the car. The only issue i had so far was with the AC. Turned out, they delivered the car without filling the gas! The car was taken to get the refill done and it works perfectly now. Any other specific aspect of the car you want to know, please ask.
15kmpl in city for smaller distances should be acceptable, are you the only one driving or there are others plying the car as well? Surprised that you have not done any full tank so far? anyways would wait for your FE feedback for later some time and also awaiting your ownership report.
i want to know your take on the shaking gear lever, that is the only point that i found in negative about the car.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:45   #68
BHPian

Just realised that my status has been updated from Newbie to BHPian, indeed Thankful to the moderators for this.
Looking forward to contributing and learning further.
My Introduction thread has been closed, this may not be the right place for this post, yet wanted to convey the message.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
15kmpl in city for smaller distances should be acceptable, are you the only one driving or there are others plying the car as well? Surprised that you have not done any full tank so far? anyways would wait for your FE feedback for later some time and also awaiting your ownership report.
i want to know your take on the shaking gear lever, that is the only point that i found in negative about the car.
I'm not the only one driving it. It's mostly in the hands of the driver. We use this car for running errands, market runs and stuff like that. You are absolutely right about the shaking gear lever. It can get quite annoying (with the lack of middle hand rest, i tend to keep my left hands on the gear). Another thing i realized, at one point we had 5 people in the car and the softly set up suspension sagged and the ride became uncomfortably harsh ( felt like there was absolutely no give left in the suspension whatsoever). Also, did you notice any noise (kinda low frequency, almost vibration like) whenever you accelerate in 5th gear? This disappears after a few seconds.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not the only one driving it. It's mostly in the hands of the driver. We use this car for running errands, market runs and stuff like that. You are absolutely right about the shaking gear lever. It can get quite annoying (with the lack of middle hand rest, i tend to keep my left hands on the gear). Another thing i realized, at one point we had 5 people in the car and the softly set up suspension sagged and the ride became uncomfortably harsh ( felt like there was absolutely no give left in the suspension whatsoever). Also, did you notice any noise (kinda low frequency, almost vibration like) whenever you accelerate in 5th gear? This disappears after a few seconds.
The gear lever shaking must be more annoying for you since you drive with your left hand on it all the time. I did not develop that driving style and in any case have kind of got used to it by now.
I disagree on the ride quality with full load. have travelled with 6 people on one occasion and 5+luggage on another occasion and found no issues.
Maybe Era varaint which has smaller 12" wheels and my Magna(O) is with 13" wheels is making the difference. Possibly even the suspension may have a different treatment?
Have not driven in the 5th gear to experience the noise that you talk about, will check and update further on the same.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe Era varaint which has smaller 12" wheels and my Magna(O) is with 13" wheels is making the difference. Possibly even the suspension may have a different treatment?
Quite possible, with the difference in tyre size but i doubt if the suspension set up will be different. Overall, i am extremely happy with the car and possibly the best thing is, it doesn't feel like a budget hatch. Inside and out, it feels much more premium than it is. With the exception of the one instance i mentioned, the ride is better than the segment benchmark.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Its unsure that Eon will be offered with discounts in coming years as in past Hyundai - i10,i20 , likely to charge premium and will settle with the numbers it fetches with that premium
My friend is getting a discount of 10k on the EON from the showroom in Andheri. He is planning to make the payment tmrw.

Anyone else got a higher discount then pls let me know. Will ask for the same.
Old 17th January 2012, 10:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
My friend is getting a discount of 10k on the EON from the showroom in Andheri. He is planning to make the payment tmrw.

Anyone else got a higher discount then pls let me know. Will ask for the same.
I think Hyundai is facing so much heat and so they are offering this discount.
Even I heard here in chennai they are offering upto 10k discount.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:19   #74
BHPian

Hello EONians, now that we have a few EON friends on board, it is rightful of me to upload some pictures taken at the service center regarding the rate of service / maintenance for EON at Hyundai's Authorised showroom. the first column in the picures are for EON.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-24122011613.jpg  

Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold-24122011612.jpg  

mahen_narang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 09:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that is a problem, no standard accesories are available so far. i waited quite some time to get EON mattings, yet they are not available. Finally went for standard floor mats, the boot is still left uncovered.
You could buy a yoga mat in a maching colour to use as a mat for the boot.

I have a hunch that it would fit exactly (width wise). Do take the measurements before buying.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks